By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - BlackB0nd: PS4 Announcement = Wii U a last Gen Ripoff Confirmed

Do you agree with BlackBond?

Yes, the Wii U is now irrelevant 97 36.19%

No, the Wii U is still going strong 110 41.04%

I don't know 13 4.85%

See results 48 17.91%

Total:268
amp316 said:
The best part of his videos are the fake trophies.

How do you know they're fake? He could have had real baller status back in the middle school chess club.

Around the Network
Pokeslob said:
I'm not going to say Wii U is last gen based on its graphical capabilities, but I will say this...
They did release one year to early, with almost nothing but current gen ports that added gimicky features and look over-all worse (the Wii U doesn't know how to anti-alias like at all)

people can say its not next-gen for plenty good reason, just because it looks and feels current gen, unlike the wii (there actual current gen system) which felt last gen, essentially Nintendo is just a step behind on technical capabilities and features...

and the nintendo argument is that its all about the games, but lets get serious, they've been releasing the same games since the 64, and they've not gotten much better, and it becomes insulting (I'm looking at you new super mario bros, you have no soul)

theres so much failure in this post im not even gonna try... Ill just say, dont trust a guy with multiple PS3 games on his sig, on Nintendo

Panama said:
amp316 said:

How do you know they're fake? He could have had real baller status back in the middle school chess club.

This guy is too "cool" to be in the chess club.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

DieAppleDie said:
GribbleGrunger said:
DevilRising said:

First off, EVERYONE is biased. If the guy is criticizing the Wii U, that's based off of his own personal opinions, thus he's being biased.

Secondly, the notion that Wii U "isn't next gen", is laughable. Just because one console has more powerful hardware than another, does not make the weaker one "NOT next gen". That is not how generations of gaming consoles work. The Dreamcast was "Next Gen" for it's time, despite the other three consoles that followed it ALL being considerably more powerful.

So no, whoever this guy is, he doesn't have "a point". He's just someone else on the internet, sharing his opinion, nothing more, nothing less.

Biased is when you ignore the facts and maintain a partizan approach to your chosen console. What this guy said, if a little patronisingly, is NOT biased, it's just the hard to hear facts. I bought a Wiiu and sold it the very next day because I was worried about how much I would lose if I waited. The 720 and the PS4 ARE next gen machines in the truest sense, whilst the Wiiu IS next gen based on the timeframe. He's spot on: this is the Wii all over again. While the 720 and the PS4 get the nextgen versions of games, the Wiiu will get the 360 and PS3 versions of the games. The Wiiu could be the biggest mistake Nintendo have ever made.

I dont think you really get what biased means...

In order for something to be biased, you have to favour one thing over another. You have to be pulled in one direction regardless of the fact. If someone says that the Wiiu is not as powerful as the 720 or PS4, that is NOT biased, that is just a 'fact'. The bias only emerges when someone disagrees with that fact. Another example would be that the PS3 has nearly caught the 360. Those who agree are just stating facts, those that disagree are clearly biased. As a Sony fan I would be biased if I stated that Sony's marketing was the best or that the Vita was doing really well.

The PS5 Exists. 

amp316 said:
Panama said:
amp316 said:

This guy is too "cool" to be in the chess club.

Anyone can be cool on the interwebz.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
DieAppleDie said:
GribbleGrunger said:
DevilRising said:

First off, EVERYONE is biased. If the guy is criticizing the Wii U, that's based off of his own personal opinions, thus he's being biased.

Secondly, the notion that Wii U "isn't next gen", is laughable. Just because one console has more powerful hardware than another, does not make the weaker one "NOT next gen". That is not how generations of gaming consoles work. The Dreamcast was "Next Gen" for it's time, despite the other three consoles that followed it ALL being considerably more powerful.

So no, whoever this guy is, he doesn't have "a point". He's just someone else on the internet, sharing his opinion, nothing more, nothing less.

Biased is when you ignore the facts and maintain a partizan approach to your chosen console. What this guy said, if a little patronisingly, is NOT biased, it's just the hard to hear facts. I bought a Wiiu and sold it the very next day because I was worried about how much I would lose if I waited. The 720 and the PS4 ARE next gen machines in the truest sense, whilst the Wiiu IS next gen based on the timeframe. He's spot on: this is the Wii all over again. While the 720 and the PS4 get the nextgen versions of games, the Wiiu will get the 360 and PS3 versions of the games. The Wiiu could be the biggest mistake Nintendo have ever made.

I dont think you really get what biased means...

In order for something to be biased, you have to favour one thing over another. You have to be pulled in one direction regardless of the fact. If someone says that the Wiiu is not as powerful as the 720 or PS4, that is NOT biased, that is just a 'fact'. The bias only emerges when someone disagrees with that fact. Another example would be that the PS3 has nearly caught the 360. Those who agree are just stating facts, those that disagree are clearly biased.

Well, your post sounds sooo biased, that its very difficult for me to trust you in this one..

I got an Ipad (equivalent, calm down), and a home console that will play 8 years worth of games.

The console is the cheapest on the market when factoring what it does right now, plus the company that makes it won't go bankrupt manufacturing them either. They can drop the price when they feel the pressure.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

megaman79 said:
I got an Ipad (equivalent, calm down), and a home console that will play 8 years worth of games.

The console is the cheapest on the market when factoring what it does right now, plus the company that makes it won't go bankrupt manufacturing them either. They can drop the price when they feel the pressure.

8 years? lol Dont feed the trolls please.

TruckOSaurus said:
platformmaster918 said:
A system doesn't need high end specs. A man will buy WiiU when it becomes inexpensive with all traditional first party games in HD. A man shall get a PS4 at launch however.

A man has been reading A Song of Ice and Fire (or a man has been watching Game of Thrones)

A man reads, and a man watches, but a man reads first.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Well, your post sounds sooo biased, that its very difficult for me to trust you in this one..

Perhaps you are mistaking personal preference for bias then. I bought the PS3 for specific reasons that were not available on the other consoles. I believe Sony when they say they have a ten year lifecycle (they've proved it and it's important for me to know that when I make a purchase). They had Blu-ray which is something I just wanted to have. And their 1st party support is better IMO (not bias, personal taste). And I will never pay for online regardless of how good it is (again, not bias, just financial sense)

I picked the PS4 for reasons other than brand allegiance (fact)

The word fanboy gets thrown around as if that is a get out of jail free card. Some things must be faced head on and with honesty, regardless of whether it favours you.

The PS5 Exists.