By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - BlackB0nd: PS4 Announcement = Wii U a last Gen Ripoff Confirmed

Do you agree with BlackBond?

Yes, the Wii U is now irrelevant 97 36.19%

No, the Wii U is still going strong 110 41.04%

I don't know 13 4.85%

See results 48 17.91%

Total:268

Nope, never heard of him. You guys need to have your own opinions and don't act like your youtube "leader" speaks the truth.

Around the Network
DevilRising said:

First off, EVERYONE is biased. If the guy is criticizing the Wii U, that's based off of his own personal opinions, thus he's being biased.

Secondly, the notion that Wii U "isn't next gen", is laughable. Just because one console has more powerful hardware than another, does not make the weaker one "NOT next gen". That is not how generations of gaming consoles work. The Dreamcast was "Next Gen" for it's time, despite the other three consoles that followed it ALL being considerably more powerful.

So no, whoever this guy is, he doesn't have "a point". He's just someone else on the internet, sharing his opinion, nothing more, nothing less.

Biased is when you ignore the facts and maintain a partizan approach to your chosen console. What this guy said, if a little patronisingly, is NOT biased, it's just the hard to hear facts. I bought a Wiiu and sold it the very next day because I was worried about how much I would lose if I waited. The 720 and the PS4 ARE next gen machines in the truest sense, whilst the Wiiu IS next gen based on the timeframe. He's spot on: this is the Wii all over again. While the 720 and the PS4 get the nextgen versions of games, the Wiiu will get the 360 and PS3 versions of the games. The Wiiu could be the biggest mistake Nintendo have ever made.

The PS5 Exists. 

I don't think I even need to watch this video given these responses. I agree with Turkish above me for once here.

Also, I always find it extremely amusing when people, including some here and this YouTube guy, start screaming that some newly announced console definitely will make another entry into a generation completely irrelevant and will definitely 'win', when this has happened exactly 'zero' times in the entire history of gaming. Nothing has been decided one way or the other.

The best part of his videos are the fake trophies.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

platformmaster918 said:
A system doesn't need high end specs. A man will buy WiiU when it becomes inexpensive with all traditional first party games in HD. A man shall get a PS4 at launch however.

A man has been reading A Song of Ice and Fire (or a man has been watching Game of Thrones)

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
DevilRising said:

First off, EVERYONE is biased. If the guy is criticizing the Wii U, that's based off of his own personal opinions, thus he's being biased.

Secondly, the notion that Wii U "isn't next gen", is laughable. Just because one console has more powerful hardware than another, does not make the weaker one "NOT next gen". That is not how generations of gaming consoles work. The Dreamcast was "Next Gen" for it's time, despite the other three consoles that followed it ALL being considerably more powerful.

So no, whoever this guy is, he doesn't have "a point". He's just someone else on the internet, sharing his opinion, nothing more, nothing less.

Biased is when you ignore the facts and maintain a partizan approach to your chosen console. What this guy said, if a little patronisingly, is NOT biased, it's just the hard to hear facts. I bought a Wiiu and sold it the very next day because I was worried about how much I would lose if I waited. The 720 and the PS4 ARE next gen machines in the truest sense, whilst the Wiiu IS next gen based on the timeframe. He's spot on: this is the Wii all over again. While the 720 and the PS4 get the nextgen versions of games, the Wiiu will get the 360 and PS3 versions of the games. The Wiiu could be the biggest mistake Nintendo have ever made.

I dont think you really get what biased means...

I'm not going to say Wii U is last gen based on its graphical capabilities, but I will say this...
They did release one year to early, with almost nothing but current gen ports that added gimicky features and look over-all worse (the Wii U doesn't know how to anti-alias like at all)

people can say its not next-gen for plenty good reason, just because it looks and feels current gen, unlike the wii (there actual current gen system) which felt last gen, essentially Nintendo is just a step behind on technical capabilities and features...

and the nintendo argument is that its all about the games, but lets get serious, they've been releasing the same games since the 64, and they've not gotten much better, and it becomes insulting (I'm looking at you new super mario bros, you have no soul)

I don't know who that person is yet the OP suggest that people should know him. I guess I am old school because my knowlegde of youtube personalities stops at AVGN and total halibut....

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Chandler said:
I don't know who that person is yet the OP suggest that people should know him. I guess I am old school because my knowlegde of youtube personalities stops at AVGN and total halibut....

I second this

Here's the thing about the Wii U, it could have been a toaster with a screen on the side, it could sell 100 units a week, but Nintendo first parties will support it to the end and that's all that should really matter. Well, not to investors of course lol.