By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony/Microsoft Could Make Nintendo Very Uncomfortable This Holiday

Your thoughts?

Wii U will make a comeback 152 42.70%

Wii U to grow bigger than the Wii 29 8.15%

Wii U izz Dooomed 175 49.16%

Total:356

It depends on nintendo's lineup of games, how much the new consoles costs, and what games they will get.

The title is true though.

Around the Network

if things don't improve after E3 then yea. very uncomfortable.

kowenicki said:
Screamapillar said:
DieAppleDie said:
Lol i actually think PS4 is in the worst position for next holiday, due to strong PS3 sales

Exactly.  PS3 is just now beginning to hit it's stride.  It was very much a late bloomer, and sales in the west, particularly Europe, as well as some emerging markets, seem to be giving PS3 a second life after US and Japanese sales have begun to cool off. 

PS3 might very well be the first Sony console to actually justify the "ten-year lifecycle" slogan.

Just hitting its stride.  What the hell does that mean?

it is in a steep decline. It hit its stride in 2009/10 and 11.

it sold 14m in 2011, be lucky to sell 9m this year.

And first console to justify 10 year plan? The 360 sold 2.5m more in its 7th year on sales than the PS3 did. 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=150782

Read: bolded text.

And I wasn't referring to system sales in regards to the ten year lifecycle, I was more alluding to the new IP's that have yet to be released, which is fairly unprecendented for a seven year-old platform.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

Screamapillar said:
DieAppleDie said:
Lol i actually think PS4 is in the worst position for next holiday, due to strong PS3 sales

Exactly.  PS3 is just now beginning to hit it's stride.  It was very much a late bloomer, and sales in the west, particularly Europe, as well as some emerging markets, seem to be giving PS3 a second life after US and Japanese sales have begun to cool off.

PS3 might very well be the first Sony console to actually justify the "ten-year lifecycle" slogan.

Sony typically experiences less of a boost from the holidays than Microsoft or Nintendo.  The 360 might hurt the 720 more, especially if they do drop the price.  The Wii will still be a favorite for parents with small kids, as well.

Also, the PS2 did pretty well with an expanded life-cycle.

Edit:  Careful about saying something positive regarding the PS3's sales.  We kind of have a Hall Monitor for that.

Honestly with the last NPD numbers the Wii U was arleady doing very uncomfortable without the next Xbox/PS.

Around the Network

Yeah, Nintendo is in a tough spot right now.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Will $450-$500 console really take off? I seriously doubt it.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

Wii Sports and Mario Kart, along with a pricecut.

Calling it now.

how about a price cut...?

Good. The pressure will produce better results, hopefully.