By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo and its lack of any reasonable sense when it comes to modern technology.

TomaTito said:

I think the main problem is you tried to go digital and with Ubisoft at that.
Stay retail for another gen or so.

How exactly does your answer pertain to his problem ?

When you purchase a digital game it is downloaded from Nintendo's servers not the publisher's one so the publisher has nothing to do at all with the download speed of digital purchases...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network
Ail said:
TomaTito said:

I think the main problem is you tried to go digital and with Ubisoft at that.
Stay retail for another gen or so.

How exactly does your answer pertain to his problem ?

When you purchase a digital game it is downloaded from Nintendo's servers not the publisher's one so the publisher has nothing to do at all with the download speed of digital purchases...

Was that out of place? Maybe. Nintendo's servers have been optimized for their games. After this horrible experience, if superchuck continues his digital quest, his next purchase will surely be first party - those have the biggest bandwidth. (PS: all of this is BS.)

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

superchunk said:
Nem said:

Conveniently, only seems to happen to you. Sorry, i dont believe that it isnt your Wi-fi. It clearly is.

Considering its  known issue to be slow downloading updates and such and a ton of people on miiverse had the same issue... its not just me. Read my post above yours on my wifi again.

The wi-fi connection is to your modem. The signal then travels from your modem to the servers and back to your modem and its finally transmited to your wireless network. If the problem was with nintendo you would have the same problem on common LAN connection. The problem is with the signal transmission from your  modem to your wi-fi network.

I will say this once more: Its your wi-fi network, not nintendo. They cant possibly have any influence over your wi-fi network.

Nem said:
superchunk said:
Nem said:

Conveniently, only seems to happen to you. Sorry, i dont believe that it isnt your Wi-fi. It clearly is.

Considering its  known issue to be slow downloading updates and such and a ton of people on miiverse had the same issue... its not just me. Read my post above yours on my wifi again.

The wi-fi connection is to you modem. If the problem was with nintendo you would have the same problem on common LAN connection.

I will say this once more: Its your wi-fi network, not nintendo.

O_O

You didn't read any of my posts did you?

PC with provable worse connection to my router than WiiU has 17Mbps downloads. (so that shows its not general wifi issue)
WiiU with browser, netflix, and other internet services work better than PC mentioned in sentence directly above this. (again, shows that wifi connection is fine)

WiiU when downloading updates, patches, games, and other content via their actual servers is slow as shit.

Its really has to be a hardware issue (unlikely as others don't have same issue) or Nintendo's servers for my area/region or lack thereof. (I guess it could also be some type of Comcast throttling a specific form of data to me... odd it would only affect my WiiU though)

RolStoppable said:

superchunk, get off your naked horse and stop being high.

Well, at least I finally got to play the game. :) I like it so far.

Around the Network
superchunk said:
Nem said:
superchunk said:
Nem said:

The wi-fi connection is to you modem. If the problem was with nintendo you would have the same problem on common LAN connection.

I will say this once more: Its your wi-fi network, not nintendo.

O_O

You didn't read any of my posts did you?

PC with provable worse connection to my router than WiiU has 17Mbps downloads. (so that shows its not general wifi issue)
WiiU with browser, netflix, and other internet services work better than PC mentioned in sentence directly above this. (again, shows that wifi connection is fine)

WiiU when downloading updates, patches, games, and other content via their actual servers is slow as shit.

Its really has to be a hardware issue (unlikely as others don't have same issue) or Nintendo's servers for my area/region or lack thereof.

I read enough. I told you the same thing happens to me with the PSP on PSN and i advised how to solve the situation. Stop blaming Nintendo for something that isnt within their power to influence.

Actually from this same post you are confirming that the problem is in your network. There is obviously a reception issue and you should reset the network to allow it to re-adjust. It might aswell and most probably be a firewall and definition issue. You should look into informing yourself over how your Wii U works with the Wi-fi and how your modem functions with it.

Believe me when i say this: It can only be your network. The fact that your PC works fine just confirms that fact even more. Hardware does not factor in this. Its all going on in your modem.

Nem said:

I read enough. I told you the same thing happens to me with the PSP on PSN and i advised how to solve the situation. Stop blaming Nintendo for something that isnt within their power to influence.

Actually from this same post you are confirming that the problem is in your network. There is obviously a reception issue and you should reset the network to allow it to re-adjust. It might aswell and most probably be a firewall and definition issue. You should look into informing yourself over how your Wii U works with the Wi-fi.

Believe me when i say this: It can only be your network. The fact that your PC works fine just confirms that fact even more. Hardware does not factor in this. Its all going on in your modem.

How about if everything else on WiiU works fine? How could my network only fuck up downloads of content but allow netflix in HD to work flawlessly as well as general browser use ON THE WII U?

Nem said:

The wi-fi connection is to your modem. The signal then travels from your modem to the servers and back to your modem and its finally transmited to your wireless network. If the problem was with nintendo you would have the same problem on common LAN connection. The problem is with the signal transmission from your  modem to your wi-fi network.

I will say this once more: Its your wi-fi network, not nintendo. They cant possibly have any influence over your wi-fi network.

Prime example of someone who simply doesn't learn.

His PC is fine, Wii U is fine for Netflix and Browsing, so how is the wireless network the issue?

Super, can you connect directly to your cable modem? Try that. Then maybe this person will shut up. 

Thanks for the warning. I won't be buying full digital games any time soon.

superchunk said:
RolStoppable said:

superchunk, get off your naked horse and stop being high.

Well, at least I finally got to play the game. :) I like it so far.

u tell him. acIII was great.