By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How many of you still use Eplorer?

modsgonecrazy said:
Me, why is ff better?

1. Proven better security

2. Web standards compatibility - better support for newer features of websites such as CSS

3. Theming

4. Plugins. NoScript and Adblock provide the best ever security

5. Inline search bar

6. Little close buttons on tabs

7. Open source means bugs are exposed and patches committed faster, as well as faster development cycles 

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

Around the Network
Game_boy said:
modsgonecrazy said:
Me, why is ff better?

2. Web standards compatibility - better support for newer features of websites such as CSS

3. Theming

5. Inline search bar

7. Open source means bugs are exposed and patches committed faster, as well as faster development cycles 

If I would go take ff, could I always turn back too IE?

Game_boy said:
Gnizmo said:
epsilon72 said:
I use firefox in linux, as well as konqueror.
I bet I'm the only one here who has used the latter...

With any luck most people here have not had to endure the pile of shit that is konqueror. I can't imagine a more painful web browser to use.

What about Epiphany, the GNOME browser?

I have never gotten a gnome based distro to use my wireless card so I have never messed with its web browser. It can;t be worse than konqueror though can it?

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

modsgonecrazy said:
Game_boy said:
modsgonecrazy said:
Me, why is ff better?

3. Theming

5. Inline search bar

Yeah you can always switch back if you want. Don't let the firefox lovers bully you into it though. So long as you are reasonable careful and keep your anti-virus and anti-spyware up to date you are in no real danger. You should keep those up to date no matter what web browser you are using though.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

I use safari but im thinking of switching to firefox cos my mouse keeps dissapearing for 10 seconds at a timeand then reapearing after i shake it around allot.

Around the Network
modsgonecrazy said:
Game_boy said:
modsgonecrazy said:
Me, why is ff better?

3. Theming

5. Inline search bar

Install FF and you can use both whenever you feel like it.

I use Iceweasel (a version of firefox) at home but am forced to use IE at work.

Ioi can probably tell us the stats of the visitors to the site. What percentage of users are Firefox or linux users.

Firefox here. Anything to give it to the M$!

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer

Firefox by far ... IE is so buggy , and has so many errors ... maybe MS should make an arrangement with Mozilla , so they would include Firefox as their default browser :D

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Sweet I see lots of firefox users. Doesn't anyone use opera or safari?