By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How many of you still use Eplorer?

epsilon72 said:
I use firefox in linux, as well as konqueror.
I bet I'm the only one here who has used the latter...

With any luck most people here have not had to endure the pile of shit that is konqueror. I can't imagine a more painful web browser to use.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network
Gnizmo said:
epsilon72 said:
I use firefox in linux, as well as konqueror.
I bet I'm the only one here who has used the latter...

With any luck most people here have not had to endure the pile of shit that is konqueror. I can't imagine a more painful web browser to use.

What about Epiphany, the GNOME browser?

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

DS opera browser

I use both. I'm crazy like that.

As a developer, Firefox kicks arse. The developer toolbar extension rocks along with all the other cool extensions. Render it right in Firefox and it'll probably be OK on everything else. For all those websites that were made by crap developers and say IE only, you need a right smacking.

Around the Network

I use FF at home and sometimes use IE when the website isn't compatible with FF.
At work all the way IE (it's the only one compatible with all the sites I need to work with).

I like IE hiding menu bar. And my FF sometimes crashes when it has too many tabs.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

TomaTito said:
I use FF at home and sometimes use IE when the website isn't compatible with FF.
At work all the way IE (it's the only one compatible with all the sites I need to work with).

I like IE hiding menu bar. And my FF sometimes crashes when it has too many tabs.

Have you looked at IETab? It makes Firefox use the IE rendering engine for a tab you want. Of course, it doesn't work on systems which don't have a system copy of Intarweb Explodar.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

Game_boy said:
TomaTito said:

Have you looked at IETab? It makes Firefox use the IE rendering engine for a tab you want. Of course, it doesn't work on systems which don't have a system copy of Intarweb Explodar.

I remember trying that and it didn't work sometimes, but another simple extension that opens the current page in IE works like a charm, so I have been using that one.

I might try it again, but I can't be bothered; I just run IE occasionally, its not really a bother. 

PS: Isn't running that engine the same as running IE? 

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

@ game_boy

Just because someone asked. I use epiphany 80% on my debian home box. At work i use firefox on Ubuntu 7.10. That said, i use additionally Opera, IE 6+7 and Safari on Vmware with various oprating systems.

Me, why is ff better?