By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How many of you still use Eplorer?

well i have MSN so it has its own browser

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

Safari mostly and Firefox as backup. i only use IE when at BC's library......

Edge112 said:
calm down now. It isn't just about FF its about all the browsers. In my eyes using IE without at least TRYING better browsers is like shaving yourself blad when your in your 20s and not bald. We all have our own opinions, I was just wondering what VGcharts used the most. I figured people who look at video game sales are tech savy and already use firefox. I use firefox, I like firefox. There isn't anything wrong at all.

While I find nothing at all wrong with you using FF, you missed my point.  Re-read what you just said.  "Tech savy and already using firefox".  You're basically implying that if you are tech savvy you use firefox, and thats my point.  If you want to use FF, go right ahead and I have nothing against you doing so, but implying that because I use IE7 by choice, I'm not tech savvy is irritating and makes me pissy.

By the way Edge112, my response isn't really directed at you specifically.  I just get annoyed whenever FF users go on holier than thou crusades against IE7.  I find it just as irritating to have people attempt to convert in any number of ways, including religion, operating system (Linux pushers I'm looking at you), architecture (Hey apple users, you know I love ya anyway), console (PC games are still the rulest, sorry guys), and every other damn thing that someone feels is superior for some freaking reason.  Use what you like, feel free to talk about the fact that you like it, but stop acting like people who don't agree are stupid or need to be converted.

Edge112 said:
StanGable said:
Edge112 said:
well yeah IE is midiocer. It works, its fine, but you can have so much better on firefox or opera. Like Tube TVs or wired house phones. They work, people use them, but you can have much better. FF is free make the switch.

No thank you. Explorer is great, I love it. Firefox is like buying a brand new HDTV but one of those generic ones are not brand and all the components are cheap thus making the experience crappy.

Sorry bud it dosen't work like that. Firefox is number one in every catagory. There is no fight comparing to firefox. IE is BS M$ crap just thrwon on for good looks. Take a look at the charts.

Opera is faster, safer, more efficient, and has every feature of Firefox and then some. So why are you using the inferior browser while chastising others for sticking with their browser of choice? The technical differences between the browsers are meaningless in the end. Anyone remotely tech savy can make any browser 100% safe to use, and most extra features are not that great. It is a matter of personal preference in the end. Get over it.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

I use opera and firefox the most, i only use IE to DL stuff, it seems to go faster. But i never use it to browse the web, it always crashes, try to open more then 5windows and the thing goes retarded. The adblocker on FF is amazing, i don't have one on opera, i'm not sure if there is one.

Around the Network
bchery21 said:
Safari mostly and Firefox as backup. i only use IE when at BC's library......

what is safari,is it better then IE?

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Edge112 said:
StanGable said:
Edge112 said:
well yeah IE is midiocer. It works, its fine, but you can have so much better on firefox or opera. Like Tube TVs or wired house phones. They work, people use them, but you can have much better. FF is free make the switch.

No thank you. Explorer is great, I love it. Firefox is like buying a brand new HDTV but one of those generic ones are not brand and all the components are cheap thus making the experience crappy.

Sorry bud it dosen't work like that. Firefox is number one in every catagory. There is no fight comparing to firefox. IE is BS M$ crap just thrwon on for good looks. Take a look at the charts.

Ok, so if a chart tells me that dog poop tastes better than my favorite restaurant I should probably eat poop. I'll make sure to do that!

What are you looking at, nerd?

I use FireFox. I just like it better for some reason.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

IE is dead. There won't be another version for years now. FF3 will be out shortly and will blow IE7 away. The best part about FF are the extensions. Once you get used to customizing it the way you want, it just makes your browsing so much easier.

I couldn't be happier about the decline of IE. Now I can develop web pages to actual w3 standards instead of crappy IE "features".

firefox

why? Because its (faster and the attachments) 

The only thing ie is used for is the stuff that ms forces you to use it for