By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will you go Digital Download only, next-gen?

Will you go Digital Download only, next-gen?

Yes 28 20.59%

No 64 47.06%

Only for non-retail games 43 31.62%

Total:135

Surprisingly, half of my gaming library is digital, but physical copies will always be my preference......I like to smell the cases.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Around the Network
9087 said:
archer9234 said:
Physical. I rather always have a perminate backup to my stuff. And not rely on companies to keep my stuff always available. I'll go 100% DD when physical is fully gone.

I really don't get this logic of "perminant backup"

It stays on your HDD for as long as you want. Wheather that's 2 months or 6 years, thats your choice. 

When you buy a game on PSN, it will always be available to your PSN account to dowoload, and re-download incase you accidentally deleted it.

It is only available to re-download as long as the service is still running.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Since I'll mostly be using my PC, I'm going to buy mostly digital copies but for consoles I want the physical version.

NOPE! I'm a hard copy guy. If it is a PSN exclusive then I will download them. Heck I usually don't even buy DLC I get the complete collections if the game will have substantial campaign related DLC added later.

I guess I'm old school, but I like looking at my libraries - be it books or games.

As for Vita ... which ever is cheaper. I'd prefer digital for a handheld since it is more convenient on the go, but hard is less taxing on the memory space. So a hybrid for that platform.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

I already did with the Wii U. =)

Around the Network

I'll stay physical.

No. I like Steam and will continue to use it, but for console/handheld I'm sticking with physical copies.

I like seeing a collection of games next to my console. I'll probably stay retail aslong as I can.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

The problem lies within the lack of HDD space on consoles... I can fill up them 500GBs of my PS3 and that only with the few games I am having from PSN+ plus some of the installs from my other games... and I have to regularly uninstall stuff to get access to stuff (be it newer or older).

Unless HDD space for consoles reaches 10+ TB I cannot imagine going download only (and since the games are prolly getting bigger themselves with time, let's make it 500+ TB)

Not 100%

Sony's "prediction/gaikai" thing has me interested though. One of the things I don't like about download only is that I would buy it and then need to wait for it to download. However if I go to buy it and I can play instantly I will be more willing to do it.

I want to see what MS has in store on this front.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League