By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why does some of the PS family on here always behave in this way,almost EVERY gen?

wvelting said:
Wright said:
What are you talkin' 'bout? CAN'T YOU SEE IT? PS4 RULES! THE OTHER COMPANIES ARE D000000MED!

...as Sony sells it's real estate to fund the luanch of the PS4....

fucking glorious. this made me laugh. Bravo

Bet with ninjablade:

Ninjablade wins if the next 5 multiplat on the wii u are inferior to the 360 version.

I win if one of the 5 mulitplats are on par or superior on the Wii U.

Around the Network

OP: Did you notice the same pissing contest when the Wii U was announced with specs and arrived on the market? Same deal, lots of talk about how it "trashed" the PS3 and 360, had fantastic graphics and awesome specs.

People are excited about consoles and hardware specs, some more than others. I'm fairly certain of two things though;

1: The same will happen when the next xbox specs are revealed and the machine arrives, MS fans don't mind taking part in the pissing contest, neither do Nintendo fans (as I pointed out). There are also arguments about peripherals and controllers where people downplay others (Move, Kinect, Wii-mote, Gamepad).

2: You won't comment when the other camps do the same. And they do (again, like I mentioned).

Its an ongoing pissing contest that never ends, everyone tries to make their console of choice look the best by various means ("Ooooh, PS4 has great graphics and expensive RAM!", "Ooooooh, Halo games are so good that they warrant the Live Gold fee on their own!", "Ooooooooh, the Wii U has so much more power than the PS3 and 360, look at this comparison!") and for various reasons.

Mummelmann said:
OP: Did you notice the same pissing contest when the Wii U was announced with specs and arrived on the market? Same deal, lots of talk about how it "trashed" the PS3 and 360, had fantastic graphics and awesome specs.

People are excited about consoles and hardware specs, some more than others. I'm fairly certain of two things though;

1: The same will happen when the next xbox specs are revealed and the machine arrives, MS fans don't mind taking part in the pissing contest, neither do Nintendo fans (as I pointed out). There are also arguments about peripherals and controllers where people downplay others (Move, Kinect, Wii-mote, Gamepad).

2: You won't comment when the other camps do the same. And they do (again, like I mentioned).

Its an ongoing pissing contest that never ends, everyone tries to make their console of choice look the best by various means ("Ooooh, PS4 has great graphics and expensive RAM!", "Ooooooh, Halo games are so good that they warrant the Live Gold fee on their own!", "Ooooooooh, the Wii U has so much more power than the PS3 and 360, look at this comparison!") and for various reasons.

It was lilbroex and he was despised by most Nintendo fans, and finally banned. Now it's like most Sony fans are lilbroex.

The worst are the Magnavox people. They just sit there lurking, i tell you! They never say a word, but i can feel their condescending stares in my neck as they are laughing! LAUGHING!!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Kynes said:
Mummelmann said:

It was lilbroex and he was despised by most Nintendo fans, and finally banned. Now it's like most Sony fans are lilbroex.

Uhm, no, there were more. There were also lots of threads about the amazing launch line-up that would ensure good sales, good 3rd party support.

And that's my point, the PS4 was just announced and its a big deal to a lot of people. It will be the same for the next xbox and was the same for the Wii U, its the never ending cycle on vgchartz, just like when the sales dip or increase for any given platform.

I find the sheer amount of PS4 threads annoying as well but I know that this is the way the way it works. Want to see some bad attitude? Go back to '07, '08 and '09 and see how Nintendo fans treated everyone who had a different opinion about the Wii and its future, some of the most elitist, condescending and rude comments made in here stem from that period. Most of them escaped when the Wii faltered, the same will happen to a lot of loud and obnoxious Sony fans when the PS4 (likely) doesn't deliver on their incredible high hopes.

Around the Network
keroncoward said:
Euphoria14 said:

Just like those Nintendo fans who keep telling us how this type of game and that type of games is best on their consoles controllers or Microsoft fans who have been telling everyone how their online is great and the others are inferior. Or maybe Nintendo and Microsoft fans telling Sony fans in so many threads (regardless of whether its about sales or not) how Sony is losin money and their games mean little when Sony aint making money like their companies.

But let's jut keep making threads to only complain about those TERRIBLE Sony fans.

You seem for forget when the Vita was first shown Sony family members were saying the 3DS was going to be DOOMED every day until it launched. Reguardless of what you want to believe Sony is in a financial situation and although their gaming division seems to be making profits its surely not as much as they are expecting (their stock seems like its back on its way to junk). I have seen Sony family members criticize the Wii U for getting old ports but jump up and down with their hands in the air for Diablo (old PC port) announcement on PS4. The PS4 announcement seems like a repeat of the PS3 again with people treating 8GB RAM like its the new cell.

That's my point. Every camp does this crap.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
keroncoward said:
Euphoria14 said:

Just like those Nintendo fans who keep telling us how this type of game and that type of games is best on their consoles controllers or Microsoft fans who have been telling everyone how their online is great and the others are inferior. Or maybe Nintendo and Microsoft fans telling Sony fans in so many threads (regardless of whether its about sales or not) how Sony is losin money and their games mean little when Sony aint making money like their companies.

But let's jut keep making threads to only complain about those TERRIBLE Sony fans.

You seem for forget when the Vita was first shown Sony family members were saying the 3DS was going to be DOOMED every day until it launched. Reguardless of what you want to believe Sony is in a financial situation and although their gaming division seems to be making profits its surely not as much as they are expecting (their stock seems like its back on its way to junk). I have seen Sony family members criticize the Wii U for getting old ports but jump up and down with their hands in the air for Diablo (old PC port) announcement on PS4. The PS4 announcement seems like a repeat of the PS3 again with people treating 8GB RAM like its the new cell.

Not at the same aggressiveness and ganking level.

Akvod said:

Can you give a few example threads on this forum that make your point?

That really wouldn't be necessary.

@OP. Thank you.

Kynes said:
Euphoria14 said:
keroncoward said:
Euphoria14 said:

I have seen aggressive crap from all camps. Does not matter who does more than who. Everyone does it.

People should learn to ignore it instead of making threads to complain.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
Kynes said:
Euphoria14 said:
keroncoward said:
Euphoria14 said:

I have seen aggressive crap from all camps. Does not matter who does more than who. Everyone does it.

People should learn to ignore it instead of making threads to complain.

I don't agree with you on this, I think that's not a way to improve the community. If we ignore the problems we will have good users that will get tired of it, and leave this forum. We should throw out the rotten apples to keep this forum civil.