By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why does some of the PS family on here always behave in this way,almost EVERY gen?

This thread and countless others brought to you be the wonderful magic of a simple function of the human mind; confirmation bias.

If you want the world to be full of raging Sony fan boys with underdeveloped thinking skills, that is what you will tend to see. If you want the world to be full of morons who fail to see the glory of Sony and a few select soul who reasonably defend Sony then that is what you will see.

The really awesome part is that we can come to two opposite opinions looking at exactly the same body of evidence! Without such confirmation bias the internet would be extremely boring and I would always win the various 'Best VGChartz poster' polls.

Around the Network
Akvod said:

Fanboyism is lame, nobody's contesting that. What I do contest is the prevalence of it. There may be some threads and post during the initial rush of new information (e.g. PS4 conference or the next E3), but after a day or so, things calmed down. Now, I see this forum spending more time complaining about fanboyism, than actually discussing games. At least fanboys are good in the sense that they're still fucking talking about games.

1) Not a fan of D3, but I've heard some pundits/commentators saying that D3 is consolized. It sounds to me that you're obsessing WAYYY to much over a specific poster. Just fucking ignore him (and it sounds like he made his point and left).

2) Gifs should die purely because they clog the forum and are annoying. I have no idea what you mean about the "domination" mentality. I just see a bunch of stupid Kaz gifs. Again, you sound like you're imagining stuff.

3) THE PS4 JUST GOT FUCKING ANNOUNCED. It's been like, less than a week? Holy shit, of course there's fucking hype over it. Jesus Christ.

4) Again, things are probably excited right after the announcement. 2nd thread is shit, but the first one isn't that bad. First thread is also talking specificly about journalists (and a specific article). Again, wayyyy to sensative.

The third thread is a posting of an article. Didn't read, but if it seemed like it was about the speculation regarding MS's positioning with the X Box. Um, should we not have threads about this?

Again, you just sound like this:

You're doing it right now. You're putting down my argument by mocking me with the youtube vid.

1) The points I gave have little to do with any obsession. You asked for an example, I gave it to you. You will try to divert this by saying "I'm obsessed with one user", but you're not addressing the facts. That he called the D3 guys whiners and didn't address the points (until I confronted him) and just was mocking. You're now doing the same thing, ignoring the points. There's a reason and a pattern to that: you either have an agenda or are unable to discuss the facts.

2) The gifs of Kaz Tyranosaurus eating Reggie? The one of Kaz in the saw scene killing Reggie and the MS guy? On and on. You didn't even address any of the points I made about the tone of the violence and general tone of "Sony domination".

3) This didn't happen for the U, the 3DS or the Vita.

4) You asked for examples, I gave them to you. How does that show I'm too sensitive? The MS one should be clear by the title that it's just trolling and diminishing the nextbox.

Your youtube vid shows how committed you are about talking the points versus attacking me personally.

My opinion is there is too much fanboyism, and those that defend it are not any better.

Wright said:
What are you talkin' 'bout? CAN'T YOU SEE IT? PS4 RULES! THE OTHER COMPANIES ARE D000000MED!

as Sony sells their headquaters to fund the launch of the PS4.....  too bad Sony cant barrow some of the trillions of dollars that Nintendo has in cash.....

wvelting said:
Wright said:
What are you talkin' 'bout? CAN'T YOU SEE IT? PS4 RULES! THE OTHER COMPANIES ARE D000000MED!

as Sony sells their headquaters to fund the launch of the PS4.....  too bad Sony cant barrow some of the trillions of dollars that Nintendo has in cash.....

Hope you didn't take my comment as something serious... ;_; xD

As you can see from the other threads currently around for Sony Phones and tablets, many of them only look at Sony products, so when a rather un-innovative product comes to the market, there's all this sudden hype, just because it's a Sony product, which cannot really do much more compared to other products on the market.

Around the Network

They are finding it hard to understand the family lifestyle of MS.

fordy said:
As you can see from the other threads currently around for Sony Phones and tablets, many of them only look at Sony products, so when a rather un-innovative product comes to the market, there's all this sudden hype, just because it's a Sony product, which cannot really do much more compared to other products on the market.

You don't know what you're taling aboout. Calling the new Sony Xperia Z and Tablet Z un-innovative(lmao), I really think you shouldn't talk about the topic.

So just because N-Magic started a ton of threads against and downplaying the ps4 are all nintendo fans trying to downplay the ps4?

i saw maybe a couple of childish pro-ps4 threads but mostly i saw threads on updates about specs or news that, as expected, were starting to flow after the reveal. I saw a lot more threads attacking a console that hasnt been released and i feel nintendo fans are a lot more agressive and touchy after the reveal than sony fans so i dont really see whats the point with the OP. At most those threads downplaying ps4 got attacked by hyped sony fans defending their flag.

You know what, this is getting old... and most people here are too old to behave like this.

I'm a sony fan and i'm hyped. I loved what i saw at that reveal and i'm very excited for e3, gamescom and tgs. DEAL WITH IT!

Are people more annoyed by the excitement Sony fans have or upset by the ones that are attacking the other companies?

When user pool them all together, it certainly feels like the former. Which is insulting.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Here is an example of an article that simply praises Sony and downplays MS, with violent metaphores.
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=156028

Are you going to tell me that behavior is normal?

and this:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5166879

Just more pissing contests...