By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Franchise Tier List (New Poll for Zelda tier)

Which Tier does Zelda belong in terms of sales? SS sold 4 million but HD Zelda on WiiU might sell more.

A-Tier 73 76.84%

B-Tier 20 21.05%

Total:93
Otakumegane said:

Could do go to the SSB thread that I just made for that discussion?

I'm debating between placing it in S of A tier. 

Depends on when it releases and how it's marketed.

Around the Network
Otakumegane said:
Ok people, question. Is the new SSB looking to pass 10million is sales?

I think it could get there. The franchise has been growing since the original game. The sales between Wii U and 3DS should push it over the top.

Isn't it fairer to set these by averages for last gen or something?

That way it eliminates a couple of unlucky placements. Because of the late release of the last Mario Party and Zelda, they now apparently have 'less' potential. The other way around, because Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong and Kid Icarus had a lucky high selling title last, they're higher than they should be.

Besides, if you only take the last game's entry in the series, the Wii series would only be C tier, as Wii Play Motion sold little over a million.

Lastly, EarthBound is deader than dead.

Nintendo. Is. Video Games.

S.Peelman said:
Isn't it fairer to set these by averages for last gen or something?

That way it eliminates a couple of unlucky placements. Because of the late release of the last Mario Party and Zelda, they now apparently have 'less' potential. The other way around, because Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus had a lucky high selling title last, they're higher than they should be.

Besides, if you only take the last game's entry in the series, the Wii series would only be C tier, as Wii Play Motion sold little over a million.

It's a little incomplete but but I'm basing it on either the lastest or upcoming MAJOR installment. So current selling rates and potential to sell in the future at this rate.

WiiU Sports and all that for Wii series. Fire Emblem is based on FE:Kakusei. Kid Icarus based on KI:U which is still selling. Wii series is indeed questionable all because it hasn't been doing AS well, but the Wii Sports and Resorts are little selling a little so until Wii U Sports comes out, it stays at S.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Around the Network

EarthBound is deader than dead.

You know what, good point. Highly doubt that we'll ever get another one. E-tier it goes.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

I would move Zelda up with Donkey Kong.

Twillight Princess sold over 7 million all together. Skyward Sword did sell less than that, but it was destined to sell less. It released at the end of the Wii's lifetime and required a device (Wii Motion+) that most users did not have. Naturally it wasn't gonna sell very much. Otherwise Zelda is definitely in the 5-10 million range.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

c03n3nj0 said:
I would move Zelda up with Donkey Kong.

Twillight Princess sold over 7 million all together. Skyward Sword did sell less than that, but it was destined to sell less. It released at the end of the Wii's lifetime and required a device (Wii Motion+) that most users did not have. Naturally it wasn't gonna sell very much. Otherwise Zelda is definitely in the 5-10 million range.

Forgot all about Wii Motion+, but I won't move it up to A justttt yet. I want to see how the HD one looks like 1st then I can change somethings.

I think that Pokémon should like Mario also be divided. The difference between the spin-offs and the main titles is way too big.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

AlphaCielago said:
I think that Pokémon should like Mario also be divided. The difference between the spin-offs and the main titles is way too big.

I agree. Keep Main Pokemon in S and move Explorers to B or C