By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Franchise Tier List (New Poll for Zelda tier)

Which Tier does Zelda belong in terms of sales? SS sold 4 million but HD Zelda on WiiU might sell more.

A-Tier 73 76.84%

B-Tier 20 21.05%

Total:93
Conegamer said:

You may need to move Wii series down depending on the success of Wii Fit U.

And break down Mario; 2D, 3D, Mario Kart, Mario Party and other Mario, for example.

This. You can't just lump all of these into one inclusive category. They are far too different and the sales capabilities of them vary drastically.

Around the Network
BradleyJ said:
Conegamer said:

You may need to move Wii series down depending on the success of Wii Fit U.

And break down Mario; 2D, 3D, Mario Kart, Mario Party and other Mario, for example.

This. You can't just lump all of these into one inclusive category. They are far too different and the sales capabilities of them vary drastically.

Already am splitting them up. 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

newwil7l said:
Paper Mario and Mario Party ate missing

You could add Mario & Luigi, too. Or maybe you want to combine all role-playing games under a single banner: Mario RPG.

So for Animal Crossing did you just add up their hand held and home console sales and divide?

Animal Crossing (GC) - 3.15m
City Folk (Wii) - 4.43m

Wild World (DS) - 11.83m
New Leaf (3DS) - over 3m (Japan only, VGC is behind due to not tracking digital sales)

So I would say hand held versions of Animal Crossing are S-tier while home console versions are B-tier.

sethnintendo said:

So for Animal Crossing did you just add up their hand held and home console sales and divide?

City Folk (Wii) - 4.43m

Wild World (DS) - 11.83m
New Leaf (3DS) - over 3m (Japan only, VGC is behind due to not tracking digital sales)

So I would say hand held version of Animal Crossing is S-tier while home console version are B-tier.

I can't really say that the franchises are seperate though. I also though of spiltting AC cause of the divide in sales, but for now I'll leave it at the A-tier, between the S and the B.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Around the Network
Otakumegane said:
sethnintendo said:

City Folk (Wii) - 4.43m

Wild World (DS) - 11.83m

So I would say hand held version of Animal Crossing is S-tier while home console version are B-tier.

I can't really say that the franchises are seperate though. I also though of spiltting AC cause of the divide in sales, but for now I'll leave it at the A-tier, between the S and the B.

Yea, I suppose leaving it as A-tier would be best for now.

For your Paper Mario you should maybe include the Paper Mario series and Mario & Luigi like some have suggested under Mario RPG.

A-tier is probably best for Animal Crossing right now. If New Leaf turns up performing as well as WW then you can bump it up to S-tier. It's also good that you're splitting up the Mario Franchise.

sethnintendo said:
Otakumegane said:
sethnintendo said:

City Folk (Wii) - 4.43m

Wild World (DS) - 11.83m

Yea, I suppose leaving it as A-tier would be best for now.

For your Paper Mario you should maybe include the Paper Mario series and Mario & Luigi like some have suggested under Mario RPG.

Already added both.

NintendoPie said:
A-tier is probably best for Animal Crossing right now. If New Leaf turns up performing as well as WW then you can bump it up to S-tier. It's also good that you're splitting up the Mario Franchise.

Am i missing anything?

Otakumegane said:
NintendoPie said:

Am i missing anything?

It might be good to condense Paper Mario and Mario RPG together. Depends on if you want to, though.

So far, you have "everything."