By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Franchise Tier List (New Poll for Zelda tier)

Which Tier does Zelda belong in terms of sales? SS sold 4 million but HD Zelda on WiiU might sell more.

A-Tier 73 76.84%

B-Tier 20 21.05%

Total:93

Mario definitely needs to be split into subfranchises, for one. I'd say 2D Mario and MK stay in S tier, 3D Mario and Mario Party go to A tier and Paper Mario to B tier.

Also, SSB needs to go down a tier. It sells well, but it has only one 10m+ title that's barely above that point and it'll probably never manage that on a smaller userbase. AC is definitely a better candidate for S tier. The DS game managed it and the 3DS game is very likely to do the same. Plus, Zelda isn't A tier material, given it has only 1 5m+ title in the past 15 years and the most recent one, SS, ain't coming close to it. Probably more, but that's all I can think of at the moment.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Around the Network
Otakumegane said:
newwil7l said:
BasilZero said:
newwil7l said:
What about Luigi ? He should be in the B or C tier. Peach should be in the C teir.

Arent they all considered to be part of the "Mario universe"?

Well then how come Yoshi and Donkey Kong are listed?

Yoshi and Kong aren't in like every mario game.

They have their own franchises from years ago.

I have to consider Luigi and Peach part of Mario becuase they've starred in more of his games than their own.

But they still have their own franchises.

Otakumegane said:

Recent Notes:

Animal Crossing moved into A-tier from B-tier,

Fire Emblem moved into C-tier from D-tier

Nintendogs moved down into B-tier from S-tier

Kid Icarus moved into C-tier from E-tier

Xeno-series placed in C-tier

Star Fox placed in D-tier (Courtesy of BasilZero)

WarioWare added to C-tier (Courtesy of BasilZero)

PilotWings added to D-tier (Courtesy of Salnax)

Open to changes/discussion.

animal crossing was an S tier in DS era... together with nintendogs

aikohualda said:
Otakumegane said:

Recent Notes:

Animal Crossing moved into A-tier from B-tier,

Fire Emblem moved into C-tier from D-tier

Nintendogs moved down into B-tier from S-tier

Kid Icarus moved into C-tier from E-tier

Xeno-series placed in C-tier

Star Fox placed in D-tier (Courtesy of BasilZero)

WarioWare added to C-tier (Courtesy of BasilZero)

PilotWings added to D-tier (Courtesy of Salnax)

Open to changes/discussion.

animal crossing was an S tier in DS era... together with nintendogs

I went off by the Wii one's sales, not the Handheld one.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

newwil7l said:
Otakumegane said:
newwil7l said:
BasilZero said:
newwil7l said:
What about Luigi ? He should be in the B or C tier. Peach should be in the C teir.

Arent they all considered to be part of the "Mario universe"?

Well then how come Yoshi and Donkey Kong are listed?

Yoshi and Kong aren't in like every mario game.

They have their own franchises from years ago.

I have to consider Luigi and Peach part of Mario becuase they've starred in more of his games than their own.

But they still have their own franchises.

Then I'll add Luigi

Peach I'll have to think about.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Around the Network

i want another golden sun!

Immortal said:
Mario definitely needs to be split into subfranchises, for one. I'd say 2D Mario and MK stay in S tier, 3D Mario and Mario Party go to A tier and Paper Mario to B tier.

Also, SSB needs to go down a tier. It sells well, but it has only one 10m+ title that's barely above that point and it'll probably never manage that on a smaller userbase. AC is definitely a better candidate for S tier. The DS game managed it and the 3DS game is very likely to do the same. Plus, Zelda isn't A tier material, given it has only 1 5m+ title in the past 15 years and the most recent one, SS, ain't coming close to it. Probably more, but that's all I can think of at the moment.

I'll Keep SSB at S, the sales increased over time even with a smaller userbase from N64 to GC.

I will move Zelda down to B for now. I might fix it up if the HD zelda is looking to do strongly.

Animal Crossing only is S-tier on handhelds only, and I'm actually not quite sure if EU and NA can drive it up to S. Leaving it at A.

star foxx can do over a million if its a new release and is done right.

Otakumegane said:

It's kinda based off current potential, so if the latest game/Known upcoming game has or is looking to overcome a certain threshold.

So it is just based off of every release in the series?

Hey i was gonna do this thread but i fell asleep -_-

TBH I dont think its all about sales, clearly its a major factor but something like for Ex Ice Climbers sold 1.5mil but is no way a bigger franchise than Fire Emblem which hasn't (intill Awakening to be soon) surpassed 1mil.

I dont want to be a copy-cat since you did this first but do you mind if i make a specific tier? Most of wat you said is true dont get me wrong, but i think i might have some tweaks to help?!