By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Are Ps4 fans getting annoyed by the "PC is better" people??.

When the Next Xbox gets announced it will stop.

Around the Network

the PC people are just annoyed that they never get this awesomely polished exclusives.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

KeptoKnight said:

well it is just as annoying hearing how the "graphics" looks on the PS4 lol when PC always leads.

*The "WOW graphics is awesome" moments is getting old. Been there done that for 13 years with PC already.

*....and no im not really a "fan" of anything. 

really? I could have sworn CS was the best graphics got 13 years ago. Youre not really a fan of anything yet you are clearly being ignorant intentionally. Also it doesnt matter how the PC leads the ps graphics are impressive

I enjoy owning all systems, and laughing at the ignorant who choose to own one.

I am a PC gamer and I'm going to comment on this thread because the tech I have is SO much better than the PS4 so i'm going to go be a badass and go tell people that my NASA PC is better than the PS4 because i am a PC gamer and its what i do.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
It doesn't bother me at all. High-end PCs will always be more advanced than consoles. The people who bring this up all the time are just making themselves look silly by harping on the obvious.

The point of consoles isn't to have a higher upper limit than PC, which is why it's a puzzling thing to obsess over. When I buy a PS4, it won't be because I'm trying to have the best graphics in the world, but because I want a dedicated gaming device in my living room that is quick to power up, easy for even novices to operate, doesn't require complex compatibility steps, and has access to exclusive Playstation content.

Really, as someone who is about 50% PC gamer and 50% console gamer, I don't understand why it's even an issue. I already have three working PCs in my house; what I'm looking for in a console is a different experience from that.

The way I see it, the PS4 is like the new Corvette that was unveiled recently. If people are comparing that to Porches and Mustangs, then that makes sense, but do you honestly see anyone saying, "yeah, but F1 race cars are faster"? No, because it would be stupid. They are different beasts designed to satisfy different needs.

Looks like to me some sort of consoles are to satisfy less needs.

All of the ps4 exclusive demos they showed had superior particle effects and explosions to what I've seen to any PC title. Overall they graphically surpassed any games I can think bar Crysis 3. Its not really an issue though, If not at launch, a year down or so down the line we will see PC titles on high settings outpacing in even the best looking ps4 exclusives. Crytek are the only developers that really push PC tech in my opinion, at least graphically speaking. PC games will always have freedom to run better depending on you rig.

The graphical point isn't taking into account mods obviously. But there are so many out there you can't really account for them.

Edit: Oh I forgot about Battlefield and all other games made on frostbite 2

As a PC gamer I am really exited about the PS4 because its is going to give devs a huge user base with much more capable hardware. That means games that will really start to show what my PC is really capable of.

I find it funny that for the last 3 years or so a lot of PC people have been so mad that PS3/360 have been holding them back, and now they are trying to defend their supped up ports. It might be hard to believe, but I think some people actually use the internet just to stir up a fuss.

Anyways like Pokoko said "The way I see it, the PS4 is like the new Corvette that was unveiled recently. If people are comparing that to Porches and Mustangs, then that makes sense, but do you honestly see anyone saying, "yeah, but F1 race cars are faster"? No, because it would be stupid. They are different beasts designed to satisfy different needs."

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

pokoko said:
Really, as someone who is about 50% PC gamer and 50% console gamer, I don't understand why it's even an issue. I already have three working PCs in my house; what I'm looking for in a console is a different experience from that.

I'm in the same camp and agree 100%.

I play games on console, handheld, and PC. I know full well the PS4 will be left behind by gaming computers. That matters little to me if it can handle Shadow Fall and Deep Down at 1080p.

I got into PC gaming is because of how dissatisfied I was with the PS3's sub-720p nonsense, which doesn't look to be as much of a problem this go round. Any arguments on how much better games look on PC next-gen will be much more parochial and minute now. I don't care about playing on multiple monitors or above 1080p.

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D

Don't they use PCs to MAKE PS4 games?... Maybe I'm missing something.