By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Are Ps4 fans getting annoyed by the "PC is better" people??.

pezus said:

This. But to be fair, the vast majority of so called "PC fans" are just Nintendo/MS gamers pretending to like PC gaming so they can have some bash material. I would name you at least 5 examples if I didn't think that was against the rules.

The people you're talking about have all been banned.  I don't think I have ever seen so many people banned at once before.

Around the Network
pezus said:
raf40928 said:

First off the PS4 is a PC in a console case.. They are not using high end parts or the PS4 would launch at 1000 dollars instead of 400/450 for the entry level and 500/ 550 premium.. They are using mid range parts.. anyone who understands pc architecture knows a high end pc will look amd run better...Essentiallynsony is admitting the Cell proessor was a mistake,  they abandoned plans to use an updated Cell in the PS4... And now Sony fans can eat crow.. Last gen all you heard was 'Xbox is basically a PC' .. sony seems to have changed its tune after announcing in late 2012 that its lost nearly 6 Billion dollars and has had FOUR straight years of losses... Most Sony fans look at comsole numbers sold without realising just how much Sony has lost on the PS3.. The PS2 grew Sony to new heights.. The ps3 has even caused Sony to sell assets to raise cash to make this console happen..

There are alot of people that play consoles that know what PC architecture is.. I used to be a computer technician and built many computers for myself and friends...

just go read articles on the PS4.. You'll see in FACT the ps4 uses an X86 cpu!  What does X86 mean?  The x is a variable number that represent the evolution of Personal Computer (PC) Cpu's..... In example 15 years ago they might went from a 386.. To. 486.. Eventually they began putting an X where the first number went..

The PS4 uses an AMD x86 processor for the CPU.. Ive been using AMD ( advanced micro devices ) in my windows PC for over 10 years since Amd came out with the AMD athlon... 

Anyone who doubts the ps4 is now using a PC cpu please go look up a PC at best buy .. Choose amd processor and look up archictecture... Further more the xbox will be using pretty close the the same GPU as the PS4- even made by the same company .. An ATI processor, which was bought out years ago by who....?  AMD

I'm pretty sure that people saying Xbox was like a PC meant it in a way that most of its exclusives were on PC, or came to PC eventually...

For what it is worth, porting game code between the PC and the Xbox 360 will be a lot like Mac developers porting code between Mac OS X for Intel platforms and PowerPC platforms: there's an architecture switch, but the programming model doesn't change much. Essentially im saying the xbox 360 could easily be considered a Personsal computer.. Only the cpu in the 360 isnt x86, but the 360 could be ported to run windows just like macs were before apple switched to intel (x86 ) cpu's.... The ATI graphics chip used in the Xbox 360 got released for PC users in a slightly different shade ( R600) .. Ati graphics got bought by AMD ( who makes x86 chips and is Intels rival chip maker for PC's ).. So the ATI Gpu that was called the 'ATI  Radeon'  graphics card ( gpu ) is now called the AMD Radeon...  And guess what?.  Both the ps4 and Next Xbox both use the Radeon ( very close specs)... And the 360 used a radeon gpu before it was bought by AMD.. The 360 used the radeon gpu first.. And i always beleived thrm slightly better then nVidia ( used in PS3)... Sony must agree now as well because like the Xbox 360 and Next Xbox..the PS4 is using the Radeon as well.... 

One happy family now...?

I think MS has some good innovation going for the NExt Xbox illumiRoom..
http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-720

KeptoKnight said:
Max King of the Wild said:
KeptoKnight said:

well it is just as annoying hearing how the "graphics" looks on the PS4 lol when PC always leads.

*The "WOW graphics is awesome" moments is getting old. Been there done that for 13 years with PC already.

*....and no im not really a "fan" of anything. 

really? I could have sworn CS was the best graphics got 13 years ago. Youre not really a fan of anything yet you are clearly being ignorant intentionally. Also it doesnt matter how the PC leads the ps graphics are impressive

someone has comprehension problems.....

*I had a PC since I was 15 yrs old and what that implies? I have experienced amazing graphics many times upto date. Yes its getting old. i dont give a shit about how the Ps4 graphics is or going to look like. 

*Give me games please not polygon count. Give me Last guardian or Heavenly sword sequel not them other shitty ass generic titles trying to "impress."

Me not being able to decipher that cluster fuck of a post isn't a comprehension problem on my part. It's a communication problem on your part

Hi mom

Around the Network

I'm not annoyed at all. Here is why;

How many games out there takes full advantage of the power of a PC? Crisis, Star Citizen. Maybe two or three more? Not many.

Consoles brought gaming to the mainstream, and from what we've seen from Sony's press. PS4 is taking it even further. Ex: Share Button.

Now PS4 has an OS similar to a PC, and developers like Blizzard is supporting it. Who will be next?

Of course PC has the power to make games look more awesome, but only a few devs are willing to take it that far. Nothing to be annoyed about.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
KeptoKnight said:
KeptoKnight said:

well it is just as annoying hearing how the "graphics" looks on the PS4 lol when PC always leads.

*The "WOW graphics is awesome" moments is getting old. Been there done that for 13 years with PC already.

*....and no im not really a "fan" of anything. 

really? I could have sworn CS was the best graphics got 13 years ago. Youre not really a fan of anything yet you are clearly being ignorant intentionally. Also it doesnt matter how the PC leads the ps graphics are impressive

someone has comprehension problems.....

*I had a PC since I was 15 yrs old and what that implies? I have experienced amazing graphics many times upto date. Yes its getting old. i dont give a shit about how the Ps4 graphics is or going to look like. 

*Give me games please not polygon count. Give me Last guardian or Heavenly sword sequel not them other shitty ass generic titles trying to "impress."

Me not being able to decipher that cluster fuck of a post isn't a comprehension problem on my part. It's a communication problem on your part

glorious graphics is getting old and not impressive.  <--- 8 words.

Don't pay any attention to them lol.
I have a nice top end gaming pc aswell,
Sure it does have better specs than these consoles coming out.
But imo I can only enjoy pc gaming when it is singleplayer or co-op.
Online is a different story.

Why did Sony ditch CELL and join Microsoft in making a PC architectured console?
Both NextBox and PS4 use PC architecure:

http://www.examiner.com/article/ps4-and-xbox-720-pc-based-architecture-benefits-revealed

This also means games will be easier to port from PC to console.. Or from console to console..since all are x86

The PC is better and will keep getting more powerful than the PS4. But how many top games are exclusives are specifically made for the PC that take full control of the PC's power compared to consoles? Very few. Its actually nothing compared. PC survives off of Blizzard and Steam and Blizzard is inching towards consoles now as Valve has themselves. If you like games > graphics consoles are the place to be.