By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Are Ps4 fans getting annoyed by the "PC is better" people??.

deskpro2k3 said:
I'm not annoyed at all. Here is why;

How many games out there takes full advantage of the power of a PC? Crisis, Star Citizen. Maybe two or three more? Not many.

Consoles brought gaming to the mainstream, and from what we've seen from Sony's press. PS4 is taking it even further. Ex: Share Button.

Now PS4 has an OS similar to a PC, and developers like Blizzard is supporting it. Who will be next?

Of course PC has the power to make games look more awesome, but only a few devs are willing to take it that far. Nothing to be annoyed about.

Sony went the PC route to save money and now it'll cost less to port games.. The PC, NextBox, and PS4 will all be essentially the same.. Great games on PC will now be quickly available on consoles... John Carmack, like many, chose the 360 over the Ps3 because it was easier to tap its power.. Now in game development it should be more uniform..

But this also means you should see less exclusives still... And more companies releasing multi- platform titles.. Who will leave the exclusive bandwagon now?  Exclusives seem to be getting down to studios owned by Sony or Microsft or Nintendo

Around the Network

PC sucks, I am trying to enjoy sonic generations on PC but I can't, I have been trying to get the sidestep glitch fixed for hours, and it's not working. Screw you sega, screw you pc master race and your glitchy games :@@@@

deskpro2k3 said:

How many games out there takes full advantage of the power of a PC? Crisis, Star Citizen. Maybe two or three more? Not many.

Consoles brought gaming to the mainstream, and from what we've seen from Sony's press. PS4 is taking it even further. Ex: Share Button.

Now PS4 has an OS similar to a PC, and developers like Blizzard is supporting it. Who will be next?

Of course PC has the power to make games look more awesome, but only a few devs are willing to take it that far. Nothing to be annoyed about.

This

and the pc elitist nonsense is nothing new really...that was always the case lol And I was a PC only gamer for a while too back in the day

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

of cause ''PC is better'' cause it has most piracy that cheapo gamers prefered...

M.U.G.E.N said:
deskpro2k3 said:

This

and the pc elitist nonsense is nothing new really...that was always the case lol And I was a PC only gamer for a while too back in the day

How is this non sense when its now FACT that the PS4 uses an AMD x86 processor...?  Essentially the ps4 could run windows... Furthermore, the PS4  (like the Next Xbox) will both use a AMD Radeon graphics chip.  Know what a AMD Radeon is?  Look on bestbuy.com or google.com... Its a graphics card mde for PC's and now the same will be used in both the PS4 and Next Xbox .. 

PS4 -  using a PC x86 central processor (cpu), using RAM already in use in PC, using a mid-range Radeon graphics card already in use in PC, and using a mid range hard drive found in a laptop pc... any question..?.

http://www.examiner.com/article/ps4-and-xbox-720-pc-based-architecture-benefits-revealed

Sony annoucement, PS4 uses X86:

http://www.examiner.com/article/ps4-and-xbox-720-pc-based-architecture-benefits-revealed

X86 cpu is exclusive to PC until now:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X86

Around the Network

Well they even annoyed me since PS3 time. Fact is PC is more powerful because of chancing hardware but that doesnt bring anything if no one is really taking use of it.

The only games that really look greatm or better than games like Uncharted 3 or God of war on PC in my eyes are Battlefield 4, Crysis 3 and Witcher 2. Thats 3 games. Wow.And thats only from a technical point of viewing. Art style is another league.

M.U.G.E.N said:
deskpro2k3 said:

This

How is this non sense when its now FACT that the PS4 uses an AMD x86 processor...?   Is it elitist because its true?  The PS4 uses mid range any question of that?

Essentially the ps4 could run windows...

FACT: The PS4 -  is using a PC x86 central processor (cpu), using RAM already in use in PC, is using Radeon graphics card already in use in PC ( an earlier Radeon was used in the xb 360 and will be used in the new xbox ) , and finally the PC is using a hard drive found in a laptop PC .. any other question..?.

raf40928 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
deskpro2k3 said:

This

How is this non sense when its now FACT that the PS4 uses an AMD x86 processor...?  Essentially the ps4 could run windows... Furthermore, the PS4  (like the Next Xbox) will both use a AMD Radeon graphics chip.  Know what a AMD Radeon is?  Look on bestbuy.com or google.com... Its a graphics card mde for PC's and now the same will be used in both the PS4 and Next Xbox .. 

PS4 -  using a PC x86 central processor (cpu), using RAM already in use in PC, using Radeon graphics card already in use in PC, and using a hard drive found in a laptop pc... any question..?.

umm what are you bitching on about exactly? I was referring to PC elitists trying to downplay console graphics. That's the nonsense I was referring to..obviously. 

while you are at it google 'jumping to conclusions'

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

raf40928 said:
Lawlight said:
Burning Typhoon said:
Don't they use PCs to MAKE PS4 games?... Maybe I'm missing something.

No, they don't use personal computers to make PS4 games or any game for that matter.

Yes they do use PC's!  Essentially  they use modified 'personal' computers  to make games for any console..  The PC would run program(s) called a SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT kit(s). software development kit (SDK or "devkit") is typically a set of software development tools that allows for the creation of applicationsfor a certain software package, software framework, hardware platform, computer systemvideo game consoleoperating system, or similar development platform.

The computer may or may not be running windows... .. Buy you actually companies sit around and type in code on a console controller..?   Hahah good one!

Several types of PC's can be used in the making of games.. For example graphics might be rendered first on a Windows PC that is running graphics designing software...sound effects are also created on PC's long before they run the code on the console test platformsmat the studios

You know, I think he may have been sarcastic....

M.U.G.E.N said:
raf40928 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
deskpro2k3 said:

This

PS4 -  using a PC x86 central processor (cpu), using RAM already in use in PC, using Radeon graphics card already in use in PC, and using a hard drive found in a laptop pc... any question..?.

umm what are you bitching on about exactly? I was referring to PC elitists trying to downplay console graphics. That's the nonsense I was referring to..obviously. 

while you are at it google 'jumping to conclusions'

While they may be elitist.. It doesnt mean they are wrong... As you know the pc games often have a quality adjustment for resolution depending on how good of a graphics card your pc has.. While im sure the new xbox and ps4 games will look 'very close' in quality they will never look better then high end PC, which have better everything.. Some people have 73 inch screens hooked up to their high end PC's and use the MS made xbox controller for pc as well.. So PC users arent lacking anything except a kinect or move.. And many power gamers dont care about that stuff.. But kinect 2.0 may change that as it'll be much more practical- responsive- not sluggish

furthermore..this sorta puts gaming back into the PC corner.. Games will likely be ported more from PC.. Because they could now be made of the highest quality and then ported to the new xbox or ps4.. Developers can make more cash now by not having to make 3 versions... Only the wii u is standing alone , but im sure it wont hurt them much

the ps4 has never been closer to being a pc or 'next' xbox.. How did this happen?  Oh someone said we'll save money!