By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Are Ps4 fans getting annoyed by the "PC is better" people??.

CGI-Quality said:
Otakumegane said:
It's true though, they are.

Yes, but that doesn't answer his question.

OT: I don't how to answer, because on one hand, I am crazy excited for the new console. On the other, I know my PC will continue to lead. The only thing that bugs me is to see people that aren't PC gamers using it as a means to play-down the PS4.

No, but it does explain why it does keep popping up.

When people are so shocked by the PS4's graphics that they claim they can't tell it from real life... a bit of perspective and reality only makes sense.  Somtimes you've just got to go "Whoa, calm down there buddy." When someone is overhyping themselves.  God knows i've been there before with certain Basketball Prospects  who ended up being lucky to be bench players...

Worrying about graphics in general is kind of silly though anyway.  I'd rather have late PS2 graphics with ram and gpu dedicated to bringing me diverse, active and complex gameplay designs... rather then a small asseted group of pretty textures in front of a prettied up 2D background popped up to look 3D.

When looking at tech, people often miss the really impressive stuff by focusing on the crudest for of graphical performance.

Which is actually why I DON'T have a high powered gaming PC.  Games rarely ever actually use that power for anything interesting.

Around the Network

^^I agree with the two posts above me.

I think there comes a point where us Console Peasants can only take so much battering from the PC Master Race.

wfz said:

PC fans are getting annoyed by the "Wow look at these PS4 graphics! They are THE BEST!" people. Us PC master race gamers are already past that point.

What he said...

Off topic: Damn sometimes I love you WFZ. Your sig always makes me think of Shio and the old PC vs teh C3LL (consoles) debates this site used to have before the "PC MASTER RACE" got tired of the ignorance and left the forums.

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

zero129 said:
So i have seen a lot of so called PC guys posting how the graphics on PC is better then the Ps4 and that console gamers are only now catching up etc etc.
Are you guys getting annoyed by this type of stuff popping inot almost every PS4 thread??.

pc gaming is far too expensive plus you will find better software on consoles, pc gamers will always moan no matter what

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

how can a PC be better if the PS4 is literally a supercharged PC on steroids? Riddle me that Batman/!

raf40928 said:
TheJimbo1234 said:
zero129 said:

So i have seen a lot of so called PC guys posting how the graphics on PC is better then the Ps4 and that console gamers are only now catching up etc etc.

Are you guys getting annoyed by this type of stuff popping inot almost every PS4 thread??.

No, because it is true. PC's have been running DX11 for years and the GTX 680 has been out for a while. However, a console will cost far less (hopefully) so that makes up for it all.

First off the PS4 is a PC in a console case.. They are not using high end parts or the PS4 would launch at 1000 dollars instead of 400/450 for the entry level and 500/ 550 premium.. They are using mid range parts.. anyone who understands pc architecture knows a high end pc will look amd run better...Essentiallynsony is admitting the Cell proessor was a mistake,  they abandoned plans to use an updated Cell in the PS4... And now Sony fans can eat crow.. Last gen all you heard was 'Xbox is basically a PC' .. sony seems to have changed its tune after announcing in late 2012 that its lost nearly 6 Billion dollars and has had FOUR straight years of losses... Most Sony fans look at comsole numbers sold without realising just how much Sony has lost on the PS3.. The PS2 grew Sony to new heights.. The ps3 has even caused Sony to sell assets to raise cash to make this console happen..

There are alot of people that play consoles that know what PC architecture is.. I used to be a computer technician and built many computers for myself and friends...

just go read articles on the PS4.. You'll see in FACT the ps4 uses an X86 cpu!  What does X86 mean?  The x is a variable number that represent the evolution of Personal Computer (PC) Cpu's..... In example 15 years ago they might went from a 386.. To. 486.. Eventually they began putting an X where the first number went..

The PS4 uses an AMD x86 processor for the CPU.. Ive been using AMD ( advanced micro devices ) in my windows PC for over 10 years since Amd came out with the AMD athlon... 

Anyone who doubts the ps4 is now using a PC cpu please go look up a PC at best buy .. Choose amd processor and look up archictecture... Further more the xbox will be using pretty close the the same GPU as the PS4- even made by the same company .. An ATI processor, which was bought out years ago by who....?  AMD

Agreed.

But about the last paragrafh rumours talks about Xbox3 will use an Intel i7 and a Nvidia GPU, and i think what happends the same thing like the PCs, AMD/ATi are know for less expensive and a bit powerless than Intel/Nvidia components, so maybe we could found an Xbox3 +20/30$ expensive than PS4 but more powered. I mean the gfx on games should be pretty closer, even maybe more than PS3/Xbox360 (sarcasm).

Is PS4 another FM Towns Marty?, also uses an AMD x86 CPU, : P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FM_Towns_Marty

Finally i think people claiming PS4 gfx are greater than a +1000$ PC forgotten the same fakes on every console "x.months.before. release.games.tech.demos" wich always finally on the real market release had less gfx performance.

No. It's more like PC guys annoyed because the PS4 can run the same to graphics in PC with lower hardware.

PC isn't better objectively. For one, there are a ton of games I can play on consoles that I can't find for PC while there are only a handful of PC exclusives that I actually want to play. The games are what matter. PC is best for being an all-purpose machine and that's about it.

CGI-Quality said:
TheKoreanGuy said:
PC is best for being an all-purpose machine and that's about it.

Which is, ironically, what consoles are aiming to become.

It's fine if consoles add more functionality in order to be more like a PC. The console makers have no choice. People expect this of every electronic device they touch these days. The point is if you want the best from gaming, you're going to need a console.