By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Are Ps4 fans getting annoyed by the "PC is better" people??.

CGI-Quality said:
TheKoreanGuy said:
PC is best for being an all-purpose machine and that's about it.

Which is, ironically, what consoles are aiming to become.

No. Consoles are aiming to become a central multimidia and social machine... not a all-purpose machine... you will never see a console running AUTOCAD or 3DMax for example... or 90% of the others specifics apps for PC.

Consoles will use only apps for multimedia and social networks... video players, photo/video editing, web browser, music players, social networks apps, etc.

Around the Network

PC Elitist always annoy the fuck outta me...its not just this gen but every Gen that they've been going on and on about how PC is better this and this...yes PC is better for gaming graphically but there are a number of headaches that come along with it.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

PC Elitist always annoy the fuck outta me...its not just this gen but every Gen that they've been going on and on about how PC is better this and this...yes PC is better for gaming graphically but there are a number of headaches that come along with it. Shio comes to mind..that pompous asshole

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

CGI-Quality said:

Of course they won't be able to run those programs, but they still are headed towards a more PC-centric structure. People think PC fans are "elitist" with their graphics talk, it's no different than claiming you can't get the best from gaming unless you're on a console.

I shadow edited my comment to added the social network aspect to consoles... the console aim is to be a game plataform, central multimidia and social network apps.

I think every apps out of this world will not be ported to consoles.

Oh, what? Sorry i was too busy playing Crysis 3 at 5760×1080 in 3D..

Around the Network

Yes it really annoys me. PCs will always be technically better with higher resolutions and faster resolutions but so what? The games themselves are only designed to look so good and right now PS4 games like Killzone look uber amazing even if they are only 1080p and 30 hz.

CGI-Quality said:
TheKoreanGuy said:
CGI-Quality said:
TheKoreanGuy said:
PC is best for being an all-purpose machine and that's about it.

Which is, ironically, what consoles are aiming to become.

It's fine if consoles add more functionality in order to be more like a PC. The console makers have no choice. People expect this of every electronic device they touch these days. The point is if you want the best from gaming, you're going to need a console.

Plenty of people don't even look in console's directions, and feel they have the best. It's nothing beyond a strict opinion. 

You're right. This is just my opinion. I'm not saying PCs can't provide perfectly good gaming. I just want PC only gamers to respect consoles more because they DO provide something that PCs don't. Then this "elitist" business can be put to an end.

CGI-Quality said:
Tachikoma said:
Oh, what? Sorry i was too busy playing Crysis 3 at 5760×1080 in 3D..

Since that's the case, how's it looking?

And, what are you specs?

Right now, i7 3970X EE, 32gb ram, EVGA X79 Dark, 4x Asus GTX Titan in quad SLI, 2x EVGA Classidied SR2 psu's, 3x Acer GD245HQ 3D monitors and a pair of nvidia 3d vision ver2 glasses.

As for how it looks:

http://nyleveia.com/C3/Crysis3%202013-02-23%2013-55-27-81.png
http://nyleveia.com/C3/Crysis3%202013-02-23%2013-55-41-78.png
http://nyleveia.com/C3/Crysis3%202013-02-23%2013-55-59-50.png

There's some hud distortion and the FOV needs tweaking, but very playable either way, (screenies are obviously with 3d vision disabled)

Tachikoma said:

Right now, i7 3970X EE, 32gb ram,, EVGA X79 Dark, 4x Asus GTX Titan in quad SLI, 2x EVGA Classidied SR2 psu's, 3x Acer GD245HQ 3D monitors and a pair of nvidia 3d vision ver2 glasses.

lol

DOLLARS!!!

ethomaz said:

Tachikoma said:

Right now, i7 3970X EE, 32gb ram,, EVGA X79 Dark, 4x Asus GTX Titan in quad SLI, 2x EVGA Classidied SR2 psu's, 3x Acer GD245HQ 3D monitors and a pair of nvidia 3d vision ver2 glasses.

lol

DOLLARS!!!

$6092 total, actually.

Before people step in and say "omg 6000 for games", I use the machine for work primarily, where the additional power and processing capability is very welcome, and actually cost me much less than opting to run multiple K20 Tesla units.