By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I don't understand how anyone could ever trust MS's Next after this gen :/

Do you still trust MS enough to get their Next Console?

Yes 265 34.06%

No 512 65.81%

Total:777

Sevengen said:

And just to be fair, I can't understand why you'd want an overpriced xbox 360 knock-off just so you can watch blu-ray movies, play a handful of AAA exclusives, enjoy an aggravatingly disorganized and laggy online network for multiplayer games.... albeit a free network.

Is there any time the 360 fanboy doesn't make the reference that having XBL makes their online better?  This isn't a mention of the download and install speed as one who has owned both consoles will say 360 wins that all day long, although the PS3 download speed has increased by three times since the last update, so it might actually be equal in download speed now.  Installs still take a bit.

Online multiplayer.  Apparently paying $35-$60 a year makes developer netcode better and increases your internet connection.  Here's an example.  I went to Youtube and did two searches.  Mortal Kombat ranked PS3 and Mortal Kombat ranked 360.  I chose the first ranked match to come up with the same player on both lists. 

According to the players commentary, the PS3 version has a lag spike at one point during the match while the 360 match has lag all throughout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiOLweyAMeo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_DDn-GoYJo

The reason why I chose Mortal Kombat is that we know it has poor netcode.  So there was a chance that one of the games would have a worse connection.  It just so happens that the same player plays the exact same game on two different consoles and the 360 version has worse netcode.  To be fair if you get the next match down from the same user, from the commentary it seems there isn't lag from either match.

That being said.  The 360 having less lag in games is a myth and nothing more.  XBL doesn't give you a better connection.  It's all about the netcode.  If you want even further proof.  Google "Persona 4 Arena 360 issues."  Before the game released, the developers stated the game has lag issues on the 360 when playing multiplayer.  Afterwards, they released a patch to fix it and bring it on par with the PS3 version

Someone also mentioned thatt 360 owners cheat less or team kill less because they pay for their services..  Check out this video.  62-1 on Call of Duty Black Ops 2.  Paying to play certainly stops you from cheating.  Definitely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGDFaOJ3M8s

-this user was warned for this post by amp316

Around the Network

If anything, they will have to be sure they don't pull off any or at least most of this stuff in the next gen, specially the RROD.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

forevercloud3000 said:
Darc Requiem said:
easyrider said:
forevercloud3000 said:
JayWood2010 said:

learn that people have preferences and opinions and stop shoving yours down others throats. Goodnight

I RECOMMEND PEOPLE NOT COMMENTING IN THIS THREAD AND LET IT DIE.  DONT FEED PEOPLE WHEN THEY MAKE THESE TYPE OF THREADS.  YOUR NOT GOING TO CHANGE HIS OPINION AND ALL THIS THREAD IS GOING TO BE IS ARGUEING AND HIM DEFENDING HIS REASONS.

What are you talking about? You are basically going LALALA to these glaring issues that I have pointed out. I just would like to know how something like this is so easily dissmissed when so many other companies get blasted for far less.

ps2 was just as flawed but with out social media and also without a extended warranty. MS did everything right but you seem to have forgot ps2, so why should we be mad about this if it was handled way better.

I'm glad someone mentioned it. I always chuckled when obvious Sony fanboys brought up RROD. Sony had DRE issues on both PS1 and PS2. They, til this day, deny there was any issue. However they quickly settled the class action lawsuit over it.

once again, PS2 failure rate was within the normal means of hardware (which I believe is 10% standardly), Sony got sued for it simply because of the shear number of people who had PS2s, which made the number of malfunctions seem worse than it was. 360 is pushing no less than 33% and possibly past 50% before they finally  issued the remodel and slim.

You've just destroyed any credibility you had.

I like wheat-bix with maple syrup and banana

The Fat PS3 models are all dropping like flies RROD style and have been for the past year or so, not a big deal they're what 4-5 years old now, certainly not in the "normal" range for an electronic product though. Just wanted to clear up that inaccuracy.

You can blame EU regulations on lead based solder for that though, not Microsoft or Sony. Nobody really knew how the lead free solder would perform over time.

No need to be so attacking though OP, it's obvious you're digging for dirt, I think we're all intelligent enough to know where each company made foibles and each company made good decisions for the consumer. RROD/YLOD don't come into either of them since it was an untested type of solder and nobody could know.

Around the Network
tres said:
NightDragon83 said:
kain_kusanagi said:

Has anyone else tried Reese's Puffs cereal? It's like candy. I don't even poor milk on it, I just eat them as a snack dry. I'm not kidding it's freaking candy.

Anyone else have a good cereal suggestion?

I had some Raisin Bran Crunch for the first time a few weeks ago, and it was surprisingly good.  Didn't taste like cardboard the way plain old Raisin Bran does.

Also a huge fan of Trix, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, and Fruity Pebbles.

raisan bran crunch is the shiiit lol.....  

I would stop that if I were you. MOD already warned about trying to derail the thread. You probably didn't see that post so I will just extend that knowledge to you.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

This is exactly why I didn't get a 360 and why I won't be purchasing another xbox product.

I was very disappointed with the cut off for the original xbox, the RROD made me lose confidence in the quality of their hardware and the shift away from the hardcore gamer is worrying.

None of the Xbox fans will agree with this thread but it's all pretty much spot on.

kupomogli said:

Sevengen said:

And just to be fair, I can't understand why you'd want an overpriced xbox 360 knock-off just so you can watch blu-ray movies, play a handful of AAA exclusives, enjoy an aggravatingly disorganized and laggy online network for multiplayer games.... albeit a free network.

Is there any time the 360 fanboy doesn't make the reference that having XBL makes their online better?  This isn't a mention of the download and install speed as one who has owned both consoles will say 360 wins that all day long, although the PS3 download speed has increased by three times since the last update, so it might actually be equal in download speed now.  Installs still take a bit.

Online multiplayer.  Apparently paying $35-$60 a year makes developer netcode better and increases your internet connection.  Here's an example.  I went to Youtube and did two searches.  Mortal Kombat ranked PS3 and Mortal Kombat ranked 360.  I chose the first ranked match to come up with the same player on both lists. 

According to the players commentary, the PS3 version has a lag spike at one point during the match while the 360 match has lag all throughout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiOLweyAMeo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_DDn-GoYJo

The reason why I chose Mortal Kombat is that we know it has poor netcode.  So there was a chance that one of the games would have a worse connection.  It just so happens that the same player plays the exact same game on two different consoles and the 360 version has worse netcode.  To be fair if you get the next match down from the same user, from the commentary it seems there isn't lag from either match.

That being said.  The 360 having less lag in games is a myth and nothing more.  XBL doesn't give you a better connection.  It's all about the netcode.  If you want even further proof.  Google "Persona 4 Arena 360 issues."  Before the game released, the developers stated the game has lag issues on the 360 when playing multiplayer.  Afterwards, they released a patch to fix it and bring it on par with the PS3 version

Someone also mentioned thatt 360 owners cheat less or team kill less because they pay for their services..  Check out this video.  62-1 on Call of Duty Black Ops 2.  Paying to play certainly stops you from cheating.  Definitely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGDFaOJ3M8s

as far as the connection speeds go, I personally always saw an opposite to what many say is true. My roommate's 360, when using the same Wifi my PS3 was, would get booted a lot. My PS3's DL speed and general connection was always more stable than his. When we changed services, total switch up.

I honestly think most ppl's issue with PS3 connection is an ISP issue, not the console ore the service. There is of course the randomly bad multiplat that makes one version more insufferable to play online than the other tho.

Greatness Awaits

Corey said:
This is exactly why I didn't get a 360 and why I won't be purchasing another xbox product.

I was very disappointed with the cut off for the original xbox, the RROD made me lose confidence in the quality of their hardware and the shift away from the hardcore gamer is worrying.

None of the Xbox fans will agree with this thread but it's all pretty much spot on.

The only hardware maker that has consistently produced reliable hardware is Nintendo. Both Sony and MS have had quality issues. The PS1 and PS2 had shoddy quality and the 360 had shoddy quality. Truth be told, the games are what should decide which console you buy not the hardware manufacturer.

maverick40 said:
People buy what their friends are buying simple as that.

very true but which SHOULD they buy? As the gen will be fresh on both sides.

-Should they stick with MS in fear Sony will totaly misstep the begining of next gen the same way they did before, only to get much better as time passed?

-Or is the fear of MS giving you wht you wanted most so they get what they wanted/needed...then dropping them towards the end enough to detere them away/back to Sony or Nintendo?

Greatness Awaits