By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I don't understand how anyone could ever trust MS's Next after this gen :/

Do you still trust MS enough to get their Next Console?

Yes 265 34.06%

No 512 65.81%

Total:777

My view:

They lured me in with JRPG's and lower price point... then they turned out to not be great.
And then they stopped making games (well, just 4).

So for next gen: I can get the multi-platforms on the other 2 consoles and also get their exclusives, because Microsoft's exclusives failed to interest me.

So, yeah. Next gen im swapping.

Around the Network
NightDragon83 said:
kain_kusanagi said:

Has anyone else tried Reese's Puffs cereal? It's like candy. I don't even poor milk on it, I just eat them as a snack dry. I'm not kidding it's freaking candy.

Anyone else have a good cereal suggestion?

I had some Raisin Bran Crunch for the first time a few weeks ago, and it was surprisingly good.  Didn't taste like cardboard the way plain old Raisin Bran does.

Also a huge fan of Trix, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, and Fruity Pebbles.

raisan bran crunch is the shiiit lol.....  

i liked my 360, no reason to "not trust" microsoft for something i like lol

i will continue to avoid M$ until they give me something worthwhile to me, so far that just seems impossible as i feel that they have mainly hindered the gaming industry. sure some may disagree and thats fine this is my opinion and we are all entitled to one

A_C_E said:
Well I'm buying both the Xbox and PS next gen. I'm buying the Xbox for Xbox-Live and I'm buying PS for the exclusives. The only thing that is definitely cemented though is the PS4, for me. If the PS4 offers just as good of a service as Xbox-Live and the architecture is good leading to same quality multiplats then there is no reason for me to have a next gen Xbox.

But chances are I'll be buying both.

exactly i dont know why people get so hostile towards the other brand.  just get both.  and theres always a reason to own all consoles.  its called exclusives.  i always laugh how both sides try to knock either others exclusives down most never playing either.  this one looks better than that etc... hell i play minecraft what...  people get so caught up the high end tech but games like angry bird have been installed a billion times.  theres a reason why the wii did so well.  non gamers believe in k.i.s.s.  it mightve not had the pizazz but it had fun.

Around the Network

Their focus in the last 3 years is telling. Microsoft will try to go after the casual crowd and the dudebros that play CoD.

Do you still trust MS enough to get their Next Console?

when someone talks about RROD i already know where their mentality is. i've never had a RROD but i've had a couple yellow PS3 so which is worst?

ok is it just me but the thread and it's poll should be ask toward people that actually own a 360 not someone that was thinking about it? shouldn't you have had trust in the first place to "still" trust? most of the negatives are people with blind animosity. not saying microsoft hasnt ticked off alot of gamers including myself the last couple years.

besides can you agree they will have some games the level dont matter. do you agree microsoft is not some rink-a-dink company that will shut down over night leaving you with nothing but a door stop?

that's ALL the trust you have to have.

geesh just get both or all 3 and enjoy yourself. i already know some will say they can't justify wasting money on something they never use but have expensive excercise equipment with more dust than an old womans crotch

ktay95 said:
i will continue to avoid M$ until they give me something worthwhile to me, so far that just seems impossible as i feel that they have mainly hindered the gaming industry. sure some may disagree and thats fine this is my opinion and we are all entitled to one

calling microsoft M$ is a compliment you know that right?  they could where it as badge of honor.  it's sort of like calling a democrat a liberal.

I have a friend who have failed me lots of times. Not betrayal, but still. But he's a friend of mine, and he have tried many times to compensate his errors.

Now, it is almost the same situation with MS. (Except they're simply a buddy, not a real friend xD) They get to the roots with the new console, I'll support it, just as simple as that. I don't need no one to point at the flaws the 360 had to convince me to buy another console. :3

RROD
..sucks? sure. but MS stepped and did the right thing. they put a billion dollars down to extend people's warranties and basically replace every broken console they shipped. i'll liken that to sony's psn hacking debacle. both things were bad but in the end both manned up and did the right thing.

Timed exclusivity
not sure why one would hold this against them exactly. oh sure, tons of games eventually came to ps3 that were MS timed exclusives. some people have patience, some don't. i have patience which is, at least in part, why i was happy with sony. other gotta have it day 1.

Paid Online.
I don't think the service was worth the price but... their service was clearly above sony and nintendo. this gen sony seems to be really stepping it up. now the question is, will sony charge? if not then i see this being a huge issue for MS next gen. if so, MS "wins" so to speak.

i forget your other points. bottom line is, there are a lot of great reasons to prefer sony over MS but MS is alright to. don't mistake differences in services that don't line up with your preferences as "bad".