By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 haters: Simmer down and celebrate progress

Tagged games:

People on the internet complain about everything. The fact that the completely optional social features is the biggest target of complaint on /v/, reddit etc just shows that it was a good announcement.

Looking forward to the next conference and E3!

Around the Network

"Simmer down" is an excellent phrase that should be used more often.

Kyuu said:
Hynad said:
Kyuu said:
Hynad said:
Kyuu said:
Hynad said:
ninjablade said:
I honestly can't see why u would hate on a system that's making developers dream a reality and this coming from an Xbox and 360,owner.

You really never fooled anyone with this XBox 360 owner thing.

So you're saying Xbox owners are all blindly against PS regardless how good it is.

Nope. What I said only concerns him and his history here. 

Sensitive much?

Ask yourself that sir.

Typical reply is typical.

You jump to a hasty conclusion based on a comment directly targetted at him. Seeing somehow that I would have included all XBox owners... That was a strech I don't know how you came to, other than because you're being sensitive. But ok. Be my guess. Keep it going.

If you knew his history around here, you'd know that he's been acting pro-sony, anti-Nintendo, and ignoring Microsoft altogether for like ever. Hence the reason why his mention of being a XBox 360 owner has more often than not been treated as a cop-out more than anything. He's pro-Sony, and he likes to pretend to the contrary by saying he's a 360 guy first and foremost. 

Well I thought you were one of those obsessed fanboys, we both know there are many of them around. I apologize if I offended you.

You didn't offend me. I was just taken out of context so I had to specify.

I have preferences just like the next guy. But I don't think I could be categorised as a fanboy... But I'll let my actions speak for themselves.

cheese_man said:

People on the internet complain about everything. The fact that the completely optional social features is the biggest target of complaint on /v/, reddit etc just shows that it was a good announcement.

Looking forward to the next conference and E3!

Oh man, /v is hilarious at the moment.

Envy is not hate. Scared is not hate. Hoping is not hate.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network

More like jealousy and fear disguised in hate.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Tagging

BasilZero said:
slowmo said:
Dodece said:
The idea that there was any overabundance of hate. Has everything to do with where the most vocal hardcore Sony loyalists went, and where those that didn't go with them stayed. The Sony loyalists swung out to a extreme point of view. While the rest stayed near the center. All the way out there anything that wasn't by default positive, or utter love was viewed as nothing less then hateful.

The Sony faithful just got so swept up. Not by the event itself, but by just the idea of the event. That they lost most of their inhibitions, rationality, and tact. Granted some took advantage to rattle their cages while they were in such a precarious position, but for the most part the majority of posters that aren't among the Sony faithful. Have been fairly even handed, or at least rational about presenting their positions.

I would really like for more of them to come back to reality, and to try to put together a dispassionate case for this or that. Rather then attacking users who just were less then impressed by the unveiling, and most important of all for them to get back to facts. Rather then making outlandish claims. I have read a few whoppers, and I have seen some pretty flagrant rule breaking. I have seen Sony loyalists calling Nintendo fans the Nintendo Defense Forces. I have seen users offer up baseless attacks on other brands, and even in this thread I have seen other posters insult other posters. Just for being a little cheeky.

It has been a couple days now. Restraint should be reasserting itself.

I wish you were a mod

Yes so he can give ban reasons: "For being a huge Sony loyalist or Sony Faithful" l0l. I dont think treating one fanbase in a special way whether it be negative or positive is a clear cut sign for a moderator XD.

And yet we have some mods who clearly have done that in the past. 

Your point I can only assume is naiviety from not understanding that you're criticizing one of the sites most reasonable and respectable posters.  He's probably wrote more relevancy in one post on here at times than most have in 50+.  Whether he has the credentials or not to be a mod are irrelvelant as I was merely stating I'd love him to be a mod as he seems to grasp the concept of what a good mod should be about which is reading trends on a forum and moving to foster healthy debate rather than the pointless bickering we've had this week.

Mad55 said:
Where are the haters though?

They are some of the first to comment on this thread.

There's hating and theren there's constructive criticism. I wish most people were able to  do the latter.

VGKing said:
Mad55 said:
Where are the haters though?

They are some of the first to comment on this thread.

There's hating and theren there's constructive criticism. I wish most people were able to  do the latter.

If the first few t pat where the hters then I gotta say they aren't haters.