By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo and 3rd parties *Formerly; Nintendo is f*cking up big times with 3rd parties*

i wonder if ps4/xbox720 will cause more companies to go bankrupt.

Around the Network

This thread should be deleted because its inflammatory bullshit with no justification.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

DanneSandin said:
Aielyn said:
DanneSandin said:

EDIT: I'm backing up ALL my claims (how Nintendo is treating 3rd parties shitty and the cancelled games) with that I know what will happen at e3 during Sonys presentation, but since I can't tell you what games will be announcened I will simply tell you that there will be megatons at this years e3. We will see and old friend return to playstation, we will get a remake that will blow people away and we will see a former exclusive xbox title cause meltdowns, AND PS4 will get a BIG online service that no one has seen coming. If at least half of these predictions come true it should prove that I know a thing or two of what is going on within the industry, and thus prove that I know what I'm alking about in the OP.

You know, it's funny, but your edit actually makes me less inclined to believe you.

How come?

Multiple reasons. Let's start with your choice of words in a few spots. "Megatons" and "meltdowns" are a bit of an issue (as is "shitty"), but the real word that jumps out at me is "predictions".

Then there's the attitude - talking about how, if certain claims come true, it'll somehow prove that you're not making it up. Never mind that more than half of your "predictions" are pretty much what everyone expects anyway, that one of your predictions is "a series that was exclusive going multiplatform", and that somehow the fact that the online service will be "BIG" is meant to somehow be convincing in any way.

But more than anything else, it's the fact that you felt that you needed to prove yourself, and so you provided vague "predictions" of what would be shown at E3. You could have gotten some piece of information that would be cryptic now, but absolutely clear once it was announced (not something vague, but something specific, like some word in a game title, or something like that), or you could have simply said that you couldn't prove the validity without breaking trust, and left it at that.

Neither would be particularly convincing, but they wouldn't have made me less trusting of your claims compared with complete silence on the question of trustworthiness.

Beyond that, in combination with your actual content, it rings of third-hand claims. Lies almost always build themselves around truths that can be found easily - the rumours of Wii U game cancellations had been swirling for the last couple of weeks already. Note that I'm not actually accusing you of lying - it's not a lie if you believe it to be true, and I can entirely believe that you were told it and passed it on.

Oh, and one last thing - even if you had a lot of information about what was happening regarding the PS4, I cannot see any reason to think that this would in any way prove that what you say regarding the Wii U is accurate - knowing someone connected to Sony doesn't give you information about Nintendo, for instance.

So, yeah, like I said, your edit makes me less inclined to believe you.

I could believe that Nintendo gave out limited devkits to third parties, but your other predictions are too vague to take serious.

DanneSandin said:

So, I have things to reveal, things I cannot prove but that comes from within the industry. That's why I knew KillZone 4 would be revealed during the PS4 event (even though I didn't say anything) and that's why I'm fairly certain PS4 will cost $349 at launch. I also know what games will be shown at e3 (MEGATON incoming!!! Fan boys of all sorts will cry tears of joy and tears of anger), so just take my word for what I'm writing now - and come e3 you will see what I mean by megaton, which should prove what I'm about to tell you about Nintendo and 3rd parties.

Wanna know the real reason why Nintendo is getting shitty 3rd party support? It's no conspiracy like some think. Nintendo has ever since the GameCube days (and perhaps even before that) given 3rd parties GIMPED dev kits. We all know Wii U has 2gb RAM, and 1gb of those are reserved for the OS - leaving 1gb for games. But only Nintendo has access to that FULL 1gb RAM; 3rd parties got gimped dev kits with about 730mb RAM to work with, with the explanation that the rest of the RAM were off limits.

What happened was early on a very large publisher got their hands on source code to a 1st party title accidentally (was meant to be sent a code segment on disk for assistance with a gpu addressing issue, but ended up with whole game source), and in the source for that, it became obvious that 3rd party dev kits lacked vital and very helpful api's for graphics rendering.

This thing also happened with the Wii. 3rd party developers wanted more access to the hardware to make games, but weren't allowed by Nintendo, and that's why Wii never saw much support except for shovelware.

And what's even more troubling is that I just heard that Nintendo has canceled 2 3rd party games to the Wii U; 1 being exclusive and 1 being a multiplat. And these games are well known, popular titles by a major publisher. The exclusive games will now probably be heading to the PS360.

But seriously, you all need to know this - especially the Nintendo fans. 3rd parties are skipping Nintendo's consoles because they are being treated as shit. Nintendo only has themselves to blame for this fuck up.

EDIT: I'm backing up ALL my claims (how Nintendo is treating 3rd parties shitty and the cancelled games) with that I know what will happen at e3 during Sonys presentation, but since I can't tell you what games will be announcened I will simply tell you that there will be megatons at this years e3. We will see and old friend return to playstation, we will get a remake that will blow people away and we will see a former exclusive xbox title cause meltdowns, AND PS4 will get a BIG online service that no one has seen coming. If at least half of these predictions come true it should prove that I know a thing or two of what is going on within the industry, and thus prove that I know what I'm alking about in the OP.

This whole conspiracy theory has a huge drawback. So, how exactly are Nintendo pushing 3rd parties away on the 3DS? Oh wait... they arent. Its just a conspiracy theory. Thanks for nothing.

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
RolStoppable said:
DanneSandin said:

Nintendo gave 3rd party developers gimped dev kits?!

Has anyone really read what I'm saying???

Why should you be taken serious when you said that Nintendo cancelled third party games?

Well come e3 and you see what kind of MEGATONS I talked about I should be believed.

Let me take a stab in the dark; you're hinting at Bayonetta 2 going to PS3/360/720/PS4?

DanneSandin said:

Wait wait... I can do it too! 

At E3, nintendo will announce major title for 3DS. They'll bring back their old IP to Wii U and people will get thrilled. And you will see Halo 5 exclusive for next Xbox. Sony will get new Uncharted from Naughty Dog. And Activision will release their megaton fps (sorry can't tell you the name) to all 3 platforms! 

If at least half of these predictions come true it should prove that I know a thing or two of what is going on within the industry, and thus prove that I know what I'm talking about in the OP. 

Seriously, this thread should be closed

OP is making big claims. I'll say one thing, I even mentioned this way back when in a Resident Evil Revelations thread, but I've always felt this is the case on the 3DS. There's no way Re:Revelations can look that much better than every game on the 3DS ( minus their own Street Fighter). Even Kindom Hearts looks like ass in comparison. I've had a feeling that Nintendo gave full access to the 3DS to Capcom.

What's the logic in denying devs access to 1/4 of your system's available RAM? Or is it a case of laziness/incompetence rather than sabotage?

coolguy said:
nintendo should let 3th party devs have all of 1 gig of ram

I know, they really should! Perhaps they have now, but that wasn't the case up until quite late...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.