By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo and 3rd parties *Formerly; Nintendo is f*cking up big times with 3rd parties*

DanneSandin said:
osed125 said:

What happened to you Danne?

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network

Pics or Lies!

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

nintendo should let 3th party devs have all of 1 gig of ram

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

Actually to be honest about the RAM part and access to the hardware with 3rd party developers I think I heard about that a long time ago, so its not really surprising or anything new.
But I have no proof whatsoever to back that up and I'm not going to look it up either, actually I have read a lot about the industry and cannot seem to find evidence to back it up now, especially this nice one about Iwata and how he came to be at nintendo and would explain the Wii and moreso WiiU a lot.

Edit- Or maybe I just thought I saw those things who knows.

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

Ljink96 said:
Well, there's no third party support yet. They don't know what to do with the console. Usually it takes Nintendo to show other third parties what can be done on a Nintendo console. The PS4 is more powerful than the Wii U but it's not that much powerful so we'll just have to wait. It's not like 3rd party games sell overwhelmingly well on Nintendo consoles anyway. Nintendo has survived on Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Dragon Quest, Star Fox, Kirby, Smash Bros., Mario Kart, Pikmin, Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, and other first party titles and they still came out on top without 3rd party support.: I'm not saying 3rd party support isn't important but Nintendo has some convincing to do first. Specs do not chart the success of a console, it's creativity. And Nintendo has some of the most talented game designers in the world.

The Wii U is nowhere in the ballpark of the PS4. Its literally a generation away in specs. They will be cut off from third party. We will enjoy Nintendos first party for the rest of the gen. They just shot themselves in the foot if they wanted an all encompassing console for their consumers who dont want to have to buy the competitions consoles.

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
DélioPT said:

So the exclusive game Wii U lost was a surival horror game... and this the game that was coming from Japan?
So this has got nothing to do with the big PS4 exclusive that will redeem a whole company? Is this game coming from Japan or the west? Can you tell?
I do believe Nintendo gave them unfinished dev kits, but what i was saying is that everyone knew that. Actually they knew how much memory Wii U was going to have that`s why i don`t understand how a 3rd party got mad about it.

Even 3DS had that problem from what i remember but Nintendo opened the door for the dev (Capcom) to use more ram on 3DS.

The survival horror is made in Japan yes, as is the game that SOny will show that will redeem a company. LoL! Or possibly even ruin it further :P I guess that remains to be seen ^^

As I understand things Nintendo said to developers not to use about 270mb of the RAM because they were reserved for Nintendo only. Not that the dev kits were unfinished, but that that area was off limits for 3rd parties.

Ah, ok. I got it.
Just the weird part: Nintendo saying something like that or implying that is really weird. I could understand if they wanted to keep some power from being used as to let games evolve through the life cycle of the console, but that is really strange and even more strange that no developer ever mentioned sucg a thing.

I`m beggining to think Square Enix or Sega.

Don`t you think it`s a bit strange Nintendo denying one exclusive and one multiplat whn they are in the situation they are in?

So my guess is either Silicon Knights Eternal Darkness 2 or Temco with Fatal Frame as that is the only companies that fits the profile (except the part about it being on the PS1)

Why would Nintendo cancel a game from a 3rd party because they wouldn't give up 256gb of ram. Usually it would work the other way. About new Nintendo console coming well that I agree with. I think Nintendo will be working to move towards 3-4 year cycles to help improve specs (from their side) whie keeping costs a lot lower than trying to be bleeding edge. Imagine moving forward every 3 years we get a newer Nintendo console with full BC at 199$. Apple does it yearly at 500$.
The only game I could see being exclusive going to ps4 would be zombiu. I know that wasn't a Japanese but it is survival horror and maybe you claimed Japan to throw us off the trail.

Well they'll have to allow it at some point, that's for sure.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Stop listening to this bullshitter end the thread for fucks sake