By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Opinion: Did Sony show anything last night that Microsoft needs to worry about?

sales2099 said:

Eyetoy/kinect thingy is allready being done better with the next Xbox.
Smartglass allready exists with 360
Social features/apps MS has 0 to worry about
Cross game chat has been done on 360 for several years.
MS allready has cloud tech of their own, just more hush hush about it.
Forza 5 > their driving game
Halo 5 > Killzone

Destiny, Watchdogs, Witcher 3 will be on Xbox.
Throw in a LONG OVERDUE core Rare title, Fable MMO thats been rumored, Blacktusk Studios AAA game, Ryse gameplay, some 3rd party deal, and you got a winner.

Introducing Xbox Plus would also be nice

@Bold - Opinion. 

@Underlined - Hahahahahahahahah! OKAY seriously call me when you wake up.

Around the Network

No I don't believe they are worried but they are paying attention.

RolStoppable said:
Multiplatform development for seventh and eighth generation consoles which translates to a lack of incentive to buy new consoles for many gamers.

Great point. Never thought of that...

They're probably very surprised at the amount of GDDR5 ram the PS4 has. Even Naughty Dog was.

Apparently, Sony said they won't block off used games. That should be MS's real concern. If they block off used games, they would shoot themselves in the foot. I really don't think they will however.

Honestly, I see the same scenario as this gen. Very similarly powerful consoles, the only difference being their exclusive franchises. However, I get the feeling the 720 will be more powerful in most, if not all, aspects specs wise but as we saw this gen, you don't need the most powerful or graphics-whore console to get to the top.

It was a good show, they showed off an impressive new console, some good franchises making a return and some great looking new IPs as well as Multiplats. Now it is MS's turn to counterattack. Let's see what they have up their sleeve.

As for the Wii U...just damn.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network
KingofRome said:
sales2099 said:

Halo 5 > Killzone

Throw in a LONG OVERDUE core Rare title, Fable MMO thats been rumored, Blacktusk Studios AAA game, Ryse gameplay, some 3rd party deal, and you got a winner.

@Bold - Opinion. 

Latest Metas: Halo 4 - 87....selling 7.7 million and counting

KZ 3 - 84....sold 2.42 million

Forza: Proven 90+ franchise with each main entry.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-11725-Rare-Working-on-Action-Adventure-/-FPS-Title-for-Next-Gen-.html

I have tangible evidence to back up my claims. You just rely on dated troll thinking. Also I love how usually when people say opinion they mean "your right but I can still disagree with you anyway" lol

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Nope. MS doesnt care about what Sony does because they already have the media supporting them and the casuals.

Core gamers are sticked to Live.

MS doesnt care about DDR5 or 8GB of Ram or magical graphics, they will make a Console to sell to masses.

* Stronger hardware, especially the Megaton of 8GB of GDDR5 RAM

* Sony totally catching up on the social gaming and connectivity thing which up until now has been Microsoft's ace. Share button, backwards compatibilaty through the cloud (Gaikai) are features that the Xbox 720 isn't rumoured to have yet.

* Sony successfully love-bombing third party developers judging by their positive response to a much easier to use console and making the entry level for indie developers simpler

sales2099 said:
KingofRome said:
sales2099 said:

Halo 5 > Killzone

@Bold - Opinion. 

Latest Metas: Halo 4 - 87....selling 7.7 million and counting

KZ 3 - 84....sold 2.42 million

Forza: Proven 90+ franchise with each main entry.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-11725-Rare-Working-on-Action-Adventure-/-FPS-Title-for-Next-Gen-.html

I have tangible evidence to back up my claims. You just rely on dated troll thinking.

You also had "tangible evidence" to back up your "Sony releases consoles the year after revealing them" statement. Look where that got you.

Holiday 2013.

i wager they will look quite similar in most regards. similar graphics. similar focus on social. similar reveal in 3rd party. maybe a bit short on first party games, we'll finally find out what all their new studios are actually doing.

i feel like playstation will have one-uped them on elimination of start-up and download waits. that kind of immediacy is amazing and i'm guessing something MS doesn't have. we'll see how "access" plays out. i'm really stoked that i can play ps4 games on my vita. i know MS has their surface focus but i'd bet against remote play with tablets. the other features will probably be similar...access of game stats and the such.

if feel like xbox will have a lot of non-gaming features. tv and the sort seems to be a constant theme in rumors. maybe that will work out for them, i feel like it is a gamble. on the one hand it's an audience that currently aren't buying consoles per se. on the other hand, as a gamer i don't give a shit and it dilutes the message, purpose, and philosophy of the xbox. we'll see i suppose.