By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Opinion: Did Sony show anything last night that Microsoft needs to worry about?

sales2099 said:
Dallinor said:

To summarize, for MS to get a 'winner' they need:

1. An imaginary game

2. A rumored game

3. A game from an unknown and untested studio.

4. Gameplay of an unseen game.

5. A Random third party deal.

Yeah....gotcha.

Gotta admit MS has been very quiet the last couple years, relying on Gears, Forza, and Halo mostly. And they have acquired a lot of devs in that time as well.

Yeah that's all well and true. I think you gotta admit though that you put zero thought into that first post.

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:
Square Enix... if they show up like that at the MS announcement...

The best comment so far .

OP. I think the 8GB stuff surprised MS.

Proclus said:
IMO, no. I'm sure Xbox payed attention, but I don't think they're worried.

This! Something also tells me they will go on a publisher shopping spree next gen.

No. PS4 is an evolution (of a possibly dying bred) not a revolution.

MS can (and also certainly will) match everything Sony just announced.

My concern is that, they need to do more than that. They need to do what Nintendo and Sony have now failed to do. They need to bring out a system that makes what we're playing now seem completely insufficient to meet our gaming needs.

Microsoft already knew the PS4 was a beast and they don't care to match it. Third party devs spill the beans.

What Microsoft didn't know were all the social features and those operating level features. Now they will really quickly try to shoehorn in what they didn't have already.

Around the Network

Of course Microsoft has nothing to worry about. Hopefully they will offer something slightly different than Sony, and hopefully they both enjoy great sales next gen.

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

I think the biggest threat could be lack of differentiation and a potential price war. Neither MS nor Sony really made money this Gen - certainly not the types of returns you'd throw billions into at any rate. If the market has indeed shrunk and if both offer very similar consoles they could be splitting a smaller pie in a more price sensitive time.

This gen a lot of people bought both consoles. If they are even closer together spec wise and feature wise fewer people will do that if the price is high.

If one of them decides it's a good idea to undercut the other and the other responds they may both lose money. That might also increase the number of people that buy both but buy fewer games and/or decide not to subscribe to their web services exacerbating losses. If you are using the razor blade strategy to sell consoles you better make sure that you sell enough software/services to justify the sale. In that scenario both sides would then be left trying to moneyhat exclusive titles and content which may backfire if a title is a bust. Taking on that additional risk wouldn't be ideal.

JoeTheBro said:
Microsoft already knew the PS4 was a beast and they don't care to match it. Third party devs spill the beans.

What Microsoft didn't know were all the social features and those operating level features. Now they will really quickly try to shoehorn in what they didn't have already.

Wut? Every single one of these features was rumored months ago. Almost all of those rumors turned out 100% true. I guess MS was NOT suprised by these features.

KHlover said:
JoeTheBro said:

Wut? Every single one of these features was rumored months ago. Almost all of those rumors turned out 100% true. I guess MS was NOT suprised by these features.

Can I see a link to a rumor stating you can take over control of an online friends game?

sales2099 said:
KingofRome said:
sales2099 said:

Eyetoy/kinect thingy is allready being done better with the next Xbox.
Smartglass allready exists with 360
Social features/apps MS has 0 to worry about
Cross game chat has been done on 360 for several years.
MS allready has cloud tech of their own, just more hush hush about it.
Forza 5 > their driving game
Halo 5 > Killzone

Destiny, Watchdogs, Witcher 3 will be on Xbox.
Throw in a LONG OVERDUE core Rare title, Fable MMO thats been rumored, Blacktusk Studios AAA game, Ryse gameplay, some 3rd party deal, and you got a winner.

Introducing Xbox Plus would also be nice

@Bold - Opinion. 

@Underlined - Hahahahahahahahah! OKAY seriously call me when you wake up.

Latest Metas: Halo 4 - 87....selling 7.7 million and counting

KZ 3 - 84....sold 2.42 million

Forza: Proven 90+ franchise with each main entry.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-11725-Rare-Working-on-Action-Adventure-/-FPS-Title-for-Next-Gen-.html

I have tangible evidence to back up my claims. You just rely on dated troll thinking. Also I love how usually when people say opinion they mean "your right but I can still disagree with you anyway" lol

So you compare Halo 4 sales to Killzone 3 sales... showing how Halo is better

Why no comparing of Forza sales and "their driving game" which is of course Gran Turismo?