By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Opinion: Did Sony show anything last night that Microsoft needs to worry about?

Smashed said:
sales2099 said:

Eyetoy/kinect thingy is allready being done better with the next Xbox.
Smartglass allready exists with 360
Social features/apps MS has 0 to worry about
Cross game chat has been done on 360 for several years.
MS allready has cloud tech of their own, just more hush hush about it.
Forza 5 > their driving game
Halo 5 > Killzone
Destiny, Watchdogs, Witcher 3 will be on Xbox.
Throw in a LONG OVERDUE core Rare title, Fable MMO thats been rumored, Blacktusk Studios AAA game, Ryse gameplay, some 3rd party deal, and you got a winner.

Introducing Xbox Plus would also be nice

Seems a little bit of a fanboyish reply to me..

Loosely based on what we know, metacritic trends, and rumors.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

Destiny with exclusive PS content. Bungie made the 360 and when people hear about the Halo creators being on PS they will be swayed. If I were Sony I would pay them for one of those little playstation blurps at the end of their commercials for the game (like AC gets for PS or COD gets for 360) and also put in the commercial "from the makers of Halo." That would get people to think Sony was getting MS's devs even though they were never really owned by MS.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

EdStation3 said:
Well when the PS2 launched ahead of the Xbox it got outsold by 4 fold. When the PS3 launched a year later, the Xbox360 still got outsold after 5 years. Now with no head start (which was the almost their saving grace last generation), they really need to come up with something the PS4 doesn't have that won't cost much to add or they'll get outsold for a 3 time in a row.

And? Sony had just come off of the most successful Console of all time and you think outselling the competition 7 years later with it's successor is accomplishment? lol please, when Sony make that money back then ill call it a success. If the PS4 is not a major hit say goodbye to PlayStation.

Without order nothing can exist - without chaos nothing can evolve.

"I don't debate, I just give you that work"- Ji99saw

I think the expansion of PSN is a problem for them. Sony have vastly improved their online infrastructure and are trying to market it as the fastest online gaming experience available.

You could argue that in this gen Live had the advantage in a few areas, cross game chat being a prime example. What if there is no difference between them next gen?

I am sure MS is worried and getting the appropriate counters to what Sony showed. Sony's lowest selling home console is at around 73m, that is 73m that Nintendo and MS would have liked. (although a lot of people own multiple) Sony feared MS would get the hype and that they would end up with another 73m selling console and is trying to not mistakes this time.

Around the Network
sales2099 said:

Halo 5 > Killzone
Throw in a LONG OVERDUE core Rare title, Fable MMO thats been rumored, Blacktusk Studios AAA game, Ryse gameplay, some 3rd party deal, and you got a winner.

I agree with this, I think if MS can release an equivalent powered console, I would stick with them. I do prefer MS exclusives over PS exclusives.

However, I do think MS need to worry about 8gb fast ram and the higher teraflop count. I personally doubt the 720 spec rumours are true, but if they release a system with with 1.2 teraflops and 8gb of slower ram, game over in my opinon. Gamers will migrate to the system that is best for games, and it won't take long for developers to expose system deficiencies, particulary when your system starts to see dips in frame rates for multiplats.

I don't think they are that worried cause they are working hard to make their console appeal to core and casual gamers, as well as pricing competitively.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

the thing that really impressed me was the instant playability of games from the store, I have fibre optic so I am really hoping they are going to come good on their promise.

Further information on their new ps+/gaikai package will be looked at very closely, since PS+ I haven't purchased a single retail game (I tend to stop playing games at the end of a generation but PS+ has kept me hooked)

And as I already have a Vita if I had to choose between systems the added functionality would sway me. (this will be a small minority of people with sales at the moment)

sales2099 said:

Halo 5 > Killzone

To summarize, for MS to get a 'winner' they need:

1. An imaginary game

2. A rumored game

3. A game from an unknown and untested studio.

4. Gameplay of an unseen game.

5. A Random third party deal.

Yeah....gotcha.

Dallinor said:
sales2099 said:

Halo 5 > Killzone

To summarize, for MS to get a 'winner' they need:

1. An imaginary game

2. A rumored game

3. A game from an unknown and untested studio.

4. Gameplay of an unseen game.

5. A Random third party deal.

Yeah....gotcha.

Gotta admit MS has been very quiet the last couple years, relying on Gears, Forza, and Halo mostly. And they have acquired a lot of devs in that time as well.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.