By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Opinion: Did Sony show anything last night that Microsoft needs to worry about?

KingofRome said:
9087 said:

Who is that guy? He seemed very excited and the look on his face some of the times was hilarious. It seems like he knows what he is talking about though and he seems really intelligent in the tech field. But hey, I know nothing about technical specs so he could have just been saying "blah blah blah" for all I know.

He's kind of a legend as far a game design goes. He's been around since the atari days. PS4 is definitely in good hands with him at the helm. 

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:

* Stronger hardware, especially the Megaton of 8GB of GDDR5 RAM

* Sony totally catching up on the social gaming and connectivity thing which up until now has been Microsoft's ace. Share button, backwards compatibilaty through the cloud (Gaikai) are features that the Xbox 720 isn't rumoured to have yet.

* Sony successfully love-bombing third party developers judging by their positive response to a much easier to use console and making the entry level for indie developers simpler

Your entire post asumes Xbox will drop the ball on every point and will release an Xbox 360 Version 1.1 while PS4 will add all this new stuff and will be unmatched.

IMO, no. I'm sure Xbox payed attention, but I don't think they're worried.

disolitude said:
Slimebeast said:

* Stronger hardware, especially the Megaton of 8GB of GDDR5 RAM

* Sony totally catching up on the social gaming and connectivity thing which up until now has been Microsoft's ace. Share button, backwards compatibilaty through the cloud (Gaikai) are features that the Xbox 720 isn't rumoured to have yet.

* Sony successfully love-bombing third party developers judging by their positive response to a much easier to use console and making the entry level for indie developers simpler

Your entire post asumes Xbox will drop the ball on every point and will release an Xbox 360 Version 1.1 while PS4 will add all this new stuff and will be unmatched.

No, I'm not having the X360 echo-system in mind, I'm just going by the actual X720 rumors like the rumored hardware features and the leaked document from MS from 2010 about NextBox in the living room. PS4 is a stronger console than what was presented there and seems to have catched up the X720 on crucial areas - in connectivity, in social fluff and as a living room media-hub.

Nothing...

...except the fact that PS4 should be launching first this time.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Around the Network

Well when the PS2 launched ahead of the Xbox it got outsold by 4 fold. When the PS3 launched a year later, the Xbox360 still got outsold after 5 years. Now with no head start (which was the almost their saving grace last generation), they really need to come up with something the PS4 doesn't have that won't cost much to add or they'll get outsold for a 3 time in a row.

F0X said:
Nothing...

MS can still launch 1st if they wanted to.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Yes Games, Microsoft has not given us anything to be excited about in years that is not a sequel

Without order nothing can exist - without chaos nothing can evolve.

"I don't debate, I just give you that work"- Ji99saw

sales2099 said:

Eyetoy/kinect thingy is allready being done better with the next Xbox.
Smartglass allready exists with 360
Social features/apps MS has 0 to worry about
Cross game chat has been done on 360 for several years.
MS allready has cloud tech of their own, just more hush hush about it.
Forza 5 > their driving game
Halo 5 > Killzone
Destiny, Watchdogs, Witcher 3 will be on Xbox.
Throw in a LONG OVERDUE core Rare title, Fable MMO thats been rumored, Blacktusk Studios AAA game, Ryse gameplay, some 3rd party deal, and you got a winner.

Introducing Xbox Plus would also be nice

Seems a little bit of a fanboyish reply to me..

sales2099 said:
F0X said:
Nothing...

MS can still launch 1st if they wanted to.

Then they better hurry up with their announcement.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero