By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Now i Agree, This Will be the Last Generation of Home Consoles.

Games, they need a shit ton of new IP's not halo 20 and god of war 25 and mario 69

Around the Network

So melodramatic...These consoles are no longer only 'dedicated' gaming systems, and haven´t been for some time, now if you mean we´ll no longer be purchasing a box with the name 'Playstation' or 'Xbox' on it because they´ve turned into something else...I don´t know...but if by 'last generation' and all that talk you mean all these console/PC games will suddenly move to smartphones/tablets like so many analysts seem to want...no.

What aways amuses me about these types of threads is how people use percentages to represent market share without fully understanding what they're saying.

Have mobile games grown at a rate far, far beyond that of traditional gaming? Absolutely. Is the user base for mobile games much greater than that of traditional games? Without question.

However, what many people leave out is that the majority of mobile gamers are new users.  The market has expanded.  Most of them were not gamers at all prior to picking up Angry Birds on their cell phone.  They didn't all used to be console gamers who threw away their console, not by a long shot.  Yet time after time we're given the impression that mobile games have completely canniablized console games.

Imagine you own an orange stand and you're selling 10 oranges a day.  A guy sets up an apple stand beside you and starts selling 20 apples a day.  Your market share for fruits has gone from 100% down to 33%!  OMG, you're Doomed!  So what if you're still selling 10 oranges a day, your market share has fallen and all the analysts hate you!  All orange lovers will obviously switch over to apples, because Doom.  Clearly, apples and oranges cannot exist together.  Go into any supermarket in the world and you will only find apples!  I understand that oranges will be discontinued soon.

Apples v. Oranges.

Personally, I played a mobile game yesterday and ended up throwing my PS3 in the trash.  I'd been playing Borderlands 2, but Disgruntled Frogs was simply a much more fulfilling experience.

If true then im done gaming. I will never game on a tablet..........lol tablet gaming.....fail!

Check out my Youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePSXcollector

badgenome said:
Absolutely. There won't be room for even one home console next gen. Not a single one. Who wants to play shooters and fighting games and RPGs in the face of glorified Flash games? All you deniers had better get used to rubbing your cell phones, because that is the future of gaming.

Too perfect.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
badgenome said:
BasilZero said:
How about instead of innovation - why don't people focus on actual games lol

Because "evolution" is defined as lurching from one gimmick to another without bothering to make games for any of them. Don't you know anything about biology?

Not having any luck finding it...

I did find the thread about a girl supposedly willing to trade her virginity for an iphone 4.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=131236&page=1#

pokoko said:

Why is this man German suplexing a reindeer?

sethnintendo said:

I did find the thread about a girl supposedly willing to trade her virginity for an iphone 4.

Here's one:

badgenome said:
sethnintendo said:

Here's one:

You stole my thunder!  Thanks for finally finding it.  It was driving me nuts.  Although that is just the gif.  I believe there is a video with sound showing a Japanese female enjoying the game.

badgenome said:
pokoko said:

Why is this man German suplexing a reindeer?

Because he can.