By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - BREAKING NEWS: PS4 devkits 1.5GB RAM!!!! [UPDATE]

TheShape31 said:
osed125 said:

Wait, those 1.5 GB are what devs have been using (for the demos shows at the conference) or those are the final numbers that games will be able to use?    

1.5GB is what the devs have been using.  In other words, every single thing we saw at the Feb. 20th conference was created using only 1.5GB of RAM.  What we're going to see from now on is going to be unimaginable!

Oh ok that makes sense.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network
think-man said:
Sal.Paradise said:
think-man said:
Rumor Killzone SF was using 128mb ram.

It was actually running on a Gamecube at the 2/20 conference. My sources confirm. 

Sounds fishy.

fishy? the Gamecube GPU is called "Flipper" like the dolphin

it all makes sense now

If the games shown were really created on such early devkits, it wouldn't surprise me if the games at the xbox conference look better (going by rumours, their devkits have not changed recently in power regards). That will be fun to watch. 

Lafiel said:
think-man said:
Sal.Paradise said:
think-man said:
Rumor Killzone SF was using 128mb ram.

It was actually running on a Gamecube at the 2/20 conference. My sources confirm. 

Sounds fishy.

fishy? the Gamecube GPU is called "Flipper" like the dolphin

it all makes sense now

Confirmed Killzone SF running on this?

So if true, and those demos were created using gimped tools (1.5G), does it mean the final game wil have "sub par" graphics or can they still use the improved dev kits??? (Sorry, not very knowlegable in the tech field)

Around the Network

Btw, what's up with all the bighorn sheeps images in the Neogaf thread?

Nintendo and PC gamer

1.5GB? That's...pretty crazy the increase!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Dude, if this is the case then this is gonna be amazing.

I don't know why people tell me to get a life. I'm a gamer, I have lots of lives!

Aldro said:
Sal.Paradise said:

"Less than that. Most kits until pretty recently had only 1.5 GB usable for graphics"

http://beyond3d.com/showpost.php?p=1712366&postcount=111

"Phil is a developer, so I would say he speaks the truth."

http://beyond3d.com/showpost.php?p=1712622&postcount=67

Take with a grain of salt, of course. 

OMFGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

CONFIRMED!11!!!

actually they continue to add stuff as each new iteration of the dev kit is released till you get the full kit then it's the software side .

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

I wonder where they're going to put all that extra RAM if the games shown used only 1.5GBs... Probably the entire OS.