By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which console looks more appealing to you now? Wii U or PS4?

PS4 or WiiU?

Both 123 11.69%

PS4 - Press Conference Wowed me 256 24.33%

PS4 - PS3 was so great 124 11.79%

PS4 - No more wait times for dlc! 14 1.33%

WiiU - The Games are just... 133 12.64%

WiiU - PS4 scared me with... 11 1.05%

WiiU - PS4 didn't Wow me 259 24.62%

Going to wait until E3 before I decide 53 5.04%

Going to wait on Nextbox... 44 4.18%

NONE - I'M STAYING IN TH... 33 3.14%

Total:1,050

I feel confortable with the WiiU right now. Playing with the new controller can be either great (like ZombiU) or frustrating (like NSMBU), there are some interesting games in the future.
As for the PS4, it´s hard to say something because we don´t have much information but considering what we saw so far I wouldnt buy it day 01. Al least until next year, WiiU will be my console of choice.

Around the Network
pezus said:
Gamerace said:
I just don't see much point to PS4. Sure the games are prettier. And.... So what? I didn't see anything that really justified needing to purchase a new console. All those games could run on PS3/360. They wouldn't look at pretty perhaps, but they'd work. Aside from from social media aspects (which could probably been incorporating into PS3) it's just the same games on a new system. Why?

WiiU is still not even on my radar either.

Up to MS at this point.

Sounds like you didn't watch or read a summary...

Instantly play digital games
Sleep mode
Use tablets, Vita to display maps and other things. Vita can play PS4 games on the go.
Backwards compatibility through the cloud
Records everything you play - upload while you play
Broadcast your gameplay - your friends can watch you playing live and help you out
Easier to develop for - this is a huge plus, since PS3 was notoriously hard to develop for.
8GB RAM - no more OS limitations. Expect everything you'll ever need from the OS
Try any digital game instantly (Gaikai)
etc. etc.

Couldn't watch but did read up on it.

To all of those things - so what?  Yes the hardware and OS are better but it's all about the gameplay.  And I'd think some of those things could have been done on PS3 if they really wanted too through OS update.   There's some cool features but really, not enough to justify shelling out cash for a new console. 

there are 3 horses in this race.

1)wait for horse three=next box show
2)wait for nintendos e3 new games
3)wait for sony e3 games(sony hasn't shown all the games today because they need some surprising things for e3)

comparing released Wii u software with ps4 software the ps4 line up looks much better.Not just cheap ports but a good mix between new and old ip's (and cheap ports)but as we don't know when all these games will be released its not comparable)

Regardless of what PS4 (or nextBox) would ever have, WiiU would be my first buy. (and it is)

But, E3 may very well decide if I get a 2nd consoles. It will demonstrate how 3rd parties will approach WiiU and it will fill in the full game, services, and price of the other two consoles.

baph7667 said:
Michael-5 said:
baph7667 said:
Definitely the PS4. It's a true Next Gen console. Maybe when Nintendo brings the price of the Wii U down to about half of what it is right now they'll have something. But missing out on all the best third party games for the second gen in a row is really going to sting for them and their fans.

Huh? Have you seen X? Graphics look just as good, if not better then Killzone. I'm really surprised the graphical difference between Wii U and PS4 isn;t that big.

Half of $300 would be less then the current PS3, that would be ridiculous, everyone would buy a Wii U then.

Also Wii U looks to be doing better on third party games. It's got Watch Dogs, Mass Effect, Aliens, and I'm sure it will get more.

I just hope developers don't ignore Wii U. There is no reason why Destiny and GTA V can't be available on Wii U when they are also available on PS3/360/PS4/NextBox

X looks nowhere near as good as Killzone Shadowfall.  The buildings in Killzone Shadow Fall are reflective and have real time lighting effects.  You don't see that in X which only looks about on a par graphicswise with "The Last of Us".   Actually, I just took another look at the X trailer and one of the biggest differences that was the most readilly apparent to me was the paucity of the number of objects on the screen versus what there was in Killzone Shadow Fall.  The screens in Killzone Shadowfall were heavily populated with characters and actions.  In X you have some static seeming backgrounds and maybe a character or two and then one big monster, but that's about it.

I'm not really anymore impressed by that than I was some of the games Sony showed off at their Vita conference earlier this week.  

Well, that's the only way they're going to get Wii type numbers.

Not after both the 720 and PS4 come out and Next Gen really begins.  There's just no way to backwards port games from the true Next Gen systems to Wii U in ways that won't make the Wii U versions look like crap.  And having X86 Geared Architecture plus clockspeeds in the Terraflops (while Wii U doesn't have even one Terraflop) + 7 to 8X the Ram of Wii U means that PS4 and 720 will allow developers to push their dream projects in ways Wii U can't.

Uh... no. Did you see the draw distance in X? It was like a kilometer, and everything looked amazing up to that. Killzone rarely showed more then 200-300 meters away, as yea buildings are reflective, rock is not LOL.

TLoU looks nothing like X, nothing like it at all. Now you're just being insulting.

I won't argue which game looks better, X or Killzone, but the graphical difference between X and Killzone is small. Wii U really shows that it's a next gen platform, where Killzone looks like a PS3 Killzone on Steroids. This really WOWed me, and surprised me because I was expecting PS4 games to look noticably better then Wii U games, but they don't, at least not yet they don't.

Wii U is a true next gen platform, you're blind if you can't see that. Wii U is weaker then PS4, I don't argue that, but from what I've seen of X and Killzone, the difference between Wii U and PS4 looks less then the difference between PS2 and X-Box 1. If people don't develop for Wii U, it's not because of graphical differences.

I think X looks better then Killzone, almost all the surfaces in KZSF looked the same as in KZ3, the only real improvement was the detail and reflections of metalic objects, and maybe the number of stuff on screen. X compared to XenoBlade 1 is literally HD vs. SD, and X compared to KZSF is really hard to destinguish.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
seiya19 said:

WiiU for me, easily. A big part of this is because I'm a fan of Nintendo's IPs, but to be honest, I saw nothing in Sony's conference that made me care about PS4.

I play mostly Japanese games, and the ones mentioned didn't do anything for me, unlike Bayonetta 2 or The Wonderful 101 for example. Deep Down seems to be following the aesthetics of Dragon's Dogma, which I don't really care for, and we don't know anything about Final Fantasy, which was expected to be announced eventually anyway. And if that Agni's Philosophy demo is supposed to be a glimpse of the next game, I'm not liking what I'm seeing... Realistic "Middle-East" settings with mutating animals that appear to be taking from Resident Evil is not what I want from a Final Fantasy game.

I have practically zero interest in FPS games and driving sims, and Knack is visually unappealing to me, without anything that stands out gameplay-wise either. I understand that for some people the visual potential of the platform is very important, but personally, I couldn't care less. That potential is irrelevant to me if I don't care for the concepts that take advantage of it, both aesthetically and gameplay-wise. And if I did care that much, I would just stick to PC gaming.

The only game that really caught my eye was Watch Dogs, and even then, not that much. I'll probably end up playing this one on PC eventually, if I ever do.

As far as the platform features goes, I do have interest in having a second screen in the controller to play games while the tv is busy or some extra gameplay features like on WiiU, but I'm certainly not going to buy a handheld I don't care about for it... And while not having backwards compatibility out of the box was expected, it doesn't cease to be disappointing... I have no intention of playing games through the cloud, much less ones that can be played on other platforms "physically", so that's not an option for me.

Playing games while you're downloading them is nice I guess, but I doubt I would even use it. I think I would prefer to download everything first anyway. And finally, any social features are irrelevant to me on any console, and including a "share" button just for it on the controller is something I don't really care for... To make things worse, some things mentioned in the conference made me question the privacy aspect of the platform... What exactly is that about the PS4 "getting to know you" and even loading games you want "before you even click the button" ? What kind of information about your preferences is stored and how ?

In any case, I'm one of those late, late, late adopters that can't afford to buy a platform until the end of its life, so I guess my opinion doesn't hold much weight... And there's always the chance of changing my views of the platform in the next few years... After all, this is just the beginning.

LOL I 100% agree, except I like Driving Sims.

Looks like I'm getting a PS3 this fall, and a Wii U next fall.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

pezus said:
sales2099 said:
WiiU specifically because the graphics on PS4 show no real leap over PS3. At least WiiU is different.

Not sure if serious

THOR!

He means that the PS4 sequels shown don't look like that dramatic of a graphical leap over PS3 games, where Wii U games looks leaps and hurdles better then Wii Games. Hence games like XenoBlade 2, while still a sequel, will be "Fresher" where PS4 sequels will be pretty more more of the same. Metroid, Smash Bros, and Mario Kart will all feel like very different games where GT6, InFamous and Uncharted might feel a lot like their PS3 counterparts.

With that said, and sequels being pretty much more of the same..... I'm worried about Microsoft LOL. How long can they rely on Halo and Forza?

Based on what I know, I'm saying the Wii U. The PS4's online features are great, and some of the games look cool, but I'm guessing it will cost $200 more than the Wii U. For that price, I'd be hesitant to jump on board.

Love and tolerate.

A pretty close race in the poll.

OT: Clearly the PS4, but I won'd decide with what console I go next gen until E3 this year.
I want so see games.

Michael-5 said:

He means that the PS4 sequels shown don't look like that dramatic of a graphical leap over PS3 games, where Wii U games looks leaps and hurdles better then Wii Games. Hence games like XenoBlade 2, while still a sequel, will be "Fresher" where PS4 sequels will be pretty more more of the same. Metroid, Smash Bros, and Mario Kart will all feel like very different games where GT6, InFamous and Uncharted might feel a lot like their PS3 counterparts.

^^^
This is just brilliant post!