By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Diablo III Fans Are Not Reacting Well To The Game’s PS4 Announcement

I am so STOKED! for this!!!! I grew up playing Diablo and now its coming 2 the PS3/4!!!!! I cant wait for it!!! Blizzard and Sony joining forces sounds like all WIN 2 me.

Check out my Youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePSXcollector

Around the Network
happydolphin said:
Areym said:

So much butthurt over a port . I will never understand it. Well, maybe if FFXIII versus was to be multiplat (which at this point is more likely than ever) I would be a upset, but not this much.

I don't see myself picking up this game on either the PS3 or the PS4 so it doesn't really concern me.

@HappyDolphin Why are you so freaking pretentious and high-and-mighty all of a sudden? Holy shit man, tone it down.

Because people have been behaving very oddly in the past few days, but you are oblivious to it all and I can't wonder why.

I mean i don't know you in real life, probably never will so I can't start calling you names. However, the past comments i have read from you have this royalty-like, douchy undertone to them. It's true i don't keep up with many, if any, of the regulars here on VGC and their distinctive personalites but I don't recall you standing out in a negative way before very recently.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

It's funny. Diablo 1 released on PS1 a-year-and-a-half after the PC version. All these years later, Diablo 3 is going to release on PS3 a-year-and-a-half after the PC version.

But even if that argument is unacceptable for whatever reason, you only need to take a look at Blizzard. Take a long, hard look at Blizzard.

As a World of Warcraft player since ~ 2006, I can tell you there is absolutely nothing odd about Diablo 3's design. From the moment The Burning Crusade ended its run and Wrath of the Lich King was introduced, it was clear that Blizzard wanted to target a more casual audience. Talent trees were trimmed down to a shell of their former selves.  Many stats were completely removed from the game to replace number crunching. DPS was normalized across the board to make everyone even; unique abilities were taken away.

Perhaps it's a sign that WoW is also coming to consoles, heh. But anyway, this seems like a load of hot air over nothing to me. I'll be welcoming Blizzard onto PlayStation, whether the Diablo 3 "fans" are or not, really.

I don't see a point in this port... Anybody interested in Diablo3 already bought it... me and my family have in total 4 chars of 60 lvl... So why should i start it again on PS3/4? Looks like a very strange idea...

It's amazing how so many people don't understand Diablo fans hate for this.

We don't give a shit its coming to PS4. It could come to the phone market for all we care.

What we are upset about is that now that we see its coming to console, we realize why the game was such a letdown. The game feels like they consolofied it.

Just look at Dragon Age 2 for another example. A company took a great PC game and made it work for the consoles better but at the expense of making the game worse.

We don't care waht system diablo 3 is on, we are upset that it seems they made the game worse so it could be ported to a console.

Around the Network

they have been working on this game for years,therefore they didn't really cared about consoles but surely kept in mind while developing that there already was a successful diablo game on console,therefore the release on ps3/4(and i'm pretty sure later on xbox3)is no surprise as a port isn't expensive but generates tons of money.

what I don't understand:why are they complaining?Without consoles most AAA pc titles wouldn't exist and one lousy pc exclusive ported to consoles?who cares?

irstupid said:
It's amazing how so many people don't understand Diablo fans hate for this.

We don't give a shit its coming to PS4. It could come to the phone market for all we care.

What we are upset about is that now that we see its coming to console, we realize why the game was such a letdown. The game feels like they consolofied it.

Just look at Dragon Age 2 for another example. A company took a great PC game and made it work for the consoles better but at the expense of making the game worse.

We don't care waht system diablo 3 is on, we are upset that it seems they made the game worse so it could be ported to a console.

That's the point... there is nothing about it be worse related to coming to consoles... StartCrat already have the same issues... that's a design decision for Blizzard to catch a bigger PC audience.

Everything you missed in the PC version compared to Diablo II can be done in console too.

The fact is Bizzard trying to gain more sales in PC market even if they have to upset some hardcore Diablo fans... in any case the new design works because Diablo III is the best selliing Diablo made by Blizzard and all my casual gaming friends loved it.

It's business.

ethomaz said:

That's the point... there is nothing about it be worse related to coming to consoles... StartCrat already have the same issues... that's a design decision for Blizzard to catch a bigger PC audience.

Everything you missed in the PC version compared to Diablo II can be done in console too.

The fact is Bizzard trying to gain more sales in PC market even if they have to upset some hardcore Diablo fans... in any case the new design works because Diablo III is the best selliing Diablo made by Blizzard and all my casual gaming friends loved it.

It's business.

@bold. And that's what I hate about Nintendo's latest approach, and I hate it anywhere. And Nintendo and Blizzard are historically my two most beloved companies.

Galaki said:
vlad321 said:
To be fair, Diablo 3 is a pretty dumbed down game compared to 2, and pretty shitty in comparison.
Funnily, I thought the game was consolified way back when it came out almost a year ago, it was just consolified PC only game back then, now it's a consolified game on a console too.
(Consolified is a very derogatory term for a PC game, just to clear all doubts of my meaning away).

I couldn't put a finger on what was wrong with D3. It all made sense now.

Only finished the game on Normal once with a Monk and had not urge to play the game.

I hadn't touch the game since the first week, LOL.

I spent years on D2. Reinstalling the game numerous times after breaks.

I in fact have Diablo 2 LoD installed again. It's just so much infinitely better than the crap that is Diablo 3. I was a monk too, I used to play an assassin, had pre 1.08 bartuc's and natalia's it was all snazzy and fancy and awesome. Also oh yeah, fucking PVP. Shit, I pvped more in that game than I did in games that were supposed to be PVP.

It felt similar to Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance (why the fuck did it have BG in it's name again?). Yeah, I just went there. Actually, maybe I'm mistaken and my memory fails, but DA was actully better. I could actually PICK where and how my stats and skill points went. I could also be thinking of another game though.

Edit: You know what game was also hella fun, came out before D2 as well? NOX, from westwood. Fuck EA for closing down the servers.

Edit 2: I would like to point out something. Epic made UT2004. Then just started making games for consoles, what happened? Epic hasn't had a decent interesting game since UT2004. BioWare, made Baldur's gate, lasted a few more games in then we get to Draogn Age 2 and Mass Effect 2/3. Blizzard, not saying they planned D3 for consoles (though they have been hiring console developers for a while now) but look at what happened to their games.

Then again, I guess all the current big offenders used to release interesting new games, EA actually used to not suck once upon a time. I think Activision too. It's time for a new generation of small developers to come up with new interesting games, unburdened by the pressure of consolifying.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Oh good god. Cry more Diablo 3 PC players.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League