By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Diablo III Fans Are Not Reacting Well To The Game’s PS4 Announcement

Meh, the hate for D3 is really overblown. It has a lot of problems, but it's still better than the stuff people regularly compare it to.

e.g. Torchlight or Path of Exile

Around the Network
c0rd said:

Meh, the hate for D3 is really overblown. It has a lot of problems, but it's still better than the stuff people regularly compare it to.

Some people scale your disappointment more than others.

When you make a sequel to D2, it's obvious expectation is through the roof.

And then you got D3...

On consoles or not, D3 is boring garbage.

This is a golden opportunity for Activision to outdouche Ubisoft by shutting down the Diablo servers until the PS3 port is ready.

I'm pro Sony and would rather have the games on my preferred platform, but a lot of fanboys just take it too far, Playstation owners included.

Sony fanboys with Final Fantasy 13 and many others.

Nintendo fanboys with Rayman Legends.

PC fanboys with Diablo 3.

360 fanboys with Bioshock and others.

Around the Network
kupomogli said:

I'm pro Sony and would rather have the games on my preferred platform, but a lot of fanboys just take it too far, Playstation owners included.

Nintendo fans were not upset that Rayman Legends became a multiplatform.  They were upset that a game that was 100% complete and ready to be released was held back to make it a multiplatform.  Big difference. 

Diablo 3 has fans?

lol

JWeinCom said:
kupomogli said:

Nintendo fans were not upset that Rayman Legends became a multiplatform.  They were upset that a game that was 100% complete and ready to be released was held back to make it a multiplatform.  Big difference. 

So like when FFXIII was ready to be released on the PS3 in 2008 but Square Delayed it 2 years so that it could be released on the 360 at the same time yeah?

All those complaints seems a little far fetched. I doubt the dev team had the console version in mind that much. But at the same time they do have alot of arguments...

Anyway, sounds like a weird decision to me. I don't see that game selling that well for 3reasons.
1- The Diablo fanbase is on PC
2- The game received alot of bad rep since launch.
3- The game will be over 1year old by then, everyone have a PC so everyone who wanted to get that game probably would have by then.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

c0rd said:

Not really overblown when the game took 13 years to make and 3 seperate studios and all the hype in the world because of the reputation it had built with its previous games. And mostly anyone that has played Diablo III, Torchlight, and Path of Exile will most likely say that Diablo III is not the best of those 3 mainly saying Torchlight carries the Torch <---(pun get it) in this genre now, and Path of exile is almost IDENTICAL (with its flaws because its in the early stages of Beta) to Diablo 2 which is the best Dungeon crawler of all time.

But you are entitled to your own opinion i just disagree with it HEAVILY cuz I hate Diablo III :P