By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Full PlayStation 4 specifications

What the hell? The PS4's been announced? Man, I've really been out of touch with gaming lately. But those specs sound pretty cool!

Around the Network

What I dont understand is how on earth they are gonna keep this price below 599. I mean this is ..GOOD shit.

img339.imageshack.us/img339/5772/18827551942004809668596.jpg

img844.imageshack.us/img844/1918/14939519419864763370202.jpg

All the rumors from main sources turned out to be true finally. There was only a disparity in the memory specs.

How does the PS4 compare to the leaked specs of the Xbox720? Is the PS4 supposed to be more powerful? I'm not too knowledgeable about all this stuff.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
As I've told people, I don't expect a higher price point than $449.99, or Sony will end up in a PS3-like situation, which the brand can't afford. It's crazy that the GPU on the thing can do nearly 2T.FLOPS, though! For a console, that is stellar!

BUT, you hear it here first, the next Xbox will top its power. I just have that certain "sense".

we may even see the price @ $399.00 with a break even point or maybe a slight profit.

http://sites.amd.com/us/Documents/TFE2011_026ITR.pdf

Remember Sony has been investing into 3D TSV stacked chips and PSVita is one such 3D TSV stacked chip.

the challenge is of course  Si interposer mechanic reliability but that is exactly why many companies and not just Sony are working on such cost and investment's challenges.

a good example: is if your Ram is 3D STACKED AND THAT Also MEANS LESS area taken up on the Mobo 

an great example of this is this:

http://www.electroiq.com/articles/ap/2012/07/nanya-implements-tsv-3d-ic-for-ddr3-future-ddr4.html

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Aldro said:
What I dont understand is how on earth they are gonna keep this price below 599. I mean this is ..GOOD shit.

what you my friend is looking for is something many companies are and have been investing into for quite some time

Even PSVita employ's such design:

http://sites.amd.com/us/Documents/TFE2011_026ITR.pdf

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Rêveur said:
How does the PS4 compare to the leaked specs of the Xbox720? Is the PS4 supposed to be more powerful? I'm not too knowledgeable about all this stuff.

The meaningful difference is the GPU. Rumors say the X720 has a weak ass GPU. So PS4 will be 50% faster than the X720 which doesn't bode well for parity of multiplatform games (X720 will hold them down).

PS4 8x X360

X720 only 5.5x X360 and only 3.5x WiiU

CGI-Quality said:
Rêveur said:

The PS4's GPU is .61T.FLOPS ahead. Both have similar CPUs (which I will dissect later), but the PS4's RAM, as of now, is faster (GDDR5 vs DDR3).

PowerPC  CPUs takes a break this gen. Developers seem to have been attracted with the right piece of hardware. Now we just need to know how much more will Xbox 720 do with x86.

PS4 ram much faster! Good news for Sony fans :)

It's just that simple.