By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New Official Resistance 2 Screenshots (breathtaking)

Mummelmann said:
Munkeh111 said:
Slimebeast said:
Hmm, the KillZone2 controversy repeat?

I believe the shots are pre-rendered. Because the enemy models look amazing, a big notch above the enemies in Crysis. The environment looks incredible inside that industry hall, where you can see 5 of those grunts coming at you.

This game is supposed to run in 1080p, and at least a 30 FPS? Compare these to Crysis screens, and what crazy system requirements that game has, even with double graphics 8800 cards it can't do 1080p with playable FPS on highest settings as seen on screenies.

Therefor I'm afraid it's probably pre-rendered (just like the best looking Halo screens were pre-rendered and used for cut-scenes, hype-movies or something like that, and Killzone 2 as well).

(those who say these screens look meh need glasses, or they're biased)

Watch the gamelay trailer, then will you realise how great it looks

Refer to my first post in this thread to address this subject...

Yes, but this is KZ 2 where they have actually shown the gameplay, paused it mid game, some people have played it, so there is not even the remotest possibility that it is pre-rendered. These shots on the other hand, could have maybe been touched up, though I'm sure Insomniac will deliver a great looking game in any case

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
Munkeh111 said:
Slimebeast said:

I believe the shots are pre-rendered. Because the enemy models look amazing, a big notch above the enemies in Crysis. The environment looks incredible inside that industry hall, where you can see 5 of those grunts coming at you.

This game is supposed to run in 1080p, and at least a 30 FPS? Compare these to Crysis screens, and what crazy system requirements that game has, even with double graphics 8800 cards it can't do 1080p with playable FPS on highest settings as seen on screenies.

Therefor I'm afraid it's probably pre-rendered (just like the best looking Halo screens were pre-rendered and used for cut-scenes, hype-movies or something like that, and Killzone 2 as well).

Did I miss your first post?

It just says cue folks who think this is prerendered... you don't really address anything.

The pictures look amazing, no doubt about it. But are they ingame pictures? cutscreen pictures? or just plain pictures?

I'm going to check the gameplay trailer, which you could of made it easy for me and placed a link.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

gebx said:
Mummelmann said:
Munkeh111 said:
Slimebeast said:

It just says cue folks who think this is prerendered... you don't really address anything.

The pictures look amazing, no doubt about it. But are they ingame pictures? cutscreen pictures? or just plain pictures?

I'm going to check the gameplay trailer, which you could of made it easy for me and placed a link.

I'm talking about the KZ 2 gameplay trailer, there are no resistance trailers yet that I know of

Munkeh111 said:
Slimebeast said:

Edit: ah KZ 2!

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

gebx said:
Mummelmann said:
Munkeh111 said:
Slimebeast said:

Yes, it says "cue folks who claim they're pre-rendered". Every single time a PS3 game is announced along with a few screenies, the same noise starts over and over again. Always the same, just because they showed pre-renders of Motorstorm and Killzone 2 back in 2005. Any other game on mostly any other platform (allthough 360 also get much the same sometimes) does not go under such scrutiny. This goes to show how much many gamers seem to have started to hate Sony for no apparent reason, stating they are lying manipulative bastards who contribute nothing to the market. Have people forgotten that Sony has the 2 most successfull consoles in history behind them and that they are the main reason the gaming market is as huge as it is today? Yes, Sony have lied just like most other companies, to make themselves looks better. No wonder, they were getting verbal beatings the instant the first details about PS3 were announced, as some insane thank-you for having done the market a major service by expanding it 3-4 fold. We should all recognize and appreciate what they have done for us all as gamers regardless of what platform you prefer.

Sony was to the 90's what Nintendo was to the 80's, and longtime gamers such as myself sees this. Have I lost faith in Sony as a hardware and software developer?; no. Do I agree with the overall design and bussiness model for the PS3?; no.

Around the Network

Hahaha Mummelman, take a chill pill will ya?

I can understand your feeling, but TBH the same thing happens with the big X360 titles if you check out boards like Neogaf, you'll hear "pre-rendered!", "screenies polished!" and "meh... this or that PC game looks miles better".

It's an adequate question in this case, about Resistance 2, if the screenshots are from cut-scenes/pre-rendered or manipulated afterwards with effects. I argued for my view, I didn't cry out like a fanboy. I said I loved the screenies.

Yes, I dislike Sony, but if there's enough reason for me to buy a PS3, I'll get one, and these awesome lookíng R2 pictures might point to at least one reason in times to come.

Yeah, sorry about the rant, the same old arguments over and over get tiresome... I will not, however, take a chill pill; I will play Neverwinter Nights... again!

The screenshots are amazing and show just how much of a upgrade they are from the first Resistance.

Yes, we cannot prove that they are actual in game visuals or even touched up rendered cut-scenes, but my head says that these are from the actual in game engine.

The lighting is quite a bit better as well.  I don't see what the problem is with the textures and models.  Graphically it's pretty much up there with the best especially considering how big the environments are.

I don't see the comparison with Halo 3 to be honest.  Halo 3 looks closer to the original Resistance than this one.

Also, I wouldn't put to much emphasis on the fact that these screens at 1080, I would be shocked if Insomniac can get the game playing at that level of detail, lighting and at least 30fps at 1080.  Although I wouldn't totally rule it out TBH.

Also on a final note.  It will take years for developers to generally get the most out of the PS3.  It is a brand new platform that requires a totally new way of coding and game implementation.  I honestly see huge differences in games over the coming years.  Just look at Uncharted and Killzone 2 for examples, they are exclusive games that both look pretty much as good as anything on any console so far and both developers have stated that there is always room for improvement.  Especially Naughty Dog, you have stated that they have just touched on the power of the PS3.

One thing that is for sure, is that all the other developers including the multiplatform developers will need to step up a gear, or they will be left in the shadows. 

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

@wenlan- Those are some great comparison shots, and really show just how much the game has evolved since the first screenshots of the I-8 project were released.

wenlan said:
Some interesting comparisons between R1 and R2.

http://ruliweb2.empas.com/ruliboard/read.htm?num=37957&table=game_ps04&main=ps

Wow I didn't really notice the vast changes until I saw the compassion. Man that is a large difference. PS3 will start to really push the envelope with GFX in the years to come. :D

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil