By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New Official Resistance 2 Screenshots (breathtaking)

@ wojtas, I think most people will have difficulty rejecting Call of Duty, or Uncharted, or Ratchet, or Burnout Paradise, or Heavenly Sword, or Assassins Creed, or more
you get my point. The library is beginning to widen attracting a wider range of gamers

Around the Network

ZACK AND WIKI:

Quest for Barbaros' Treasure.

Sometimes there are these games. One of a kind. Unique.

Games that don't appeal to a mass-audience. Games that; don't quite have what the people want.

Games that turn out great but not in revenue.

Games that deserve SO much more...

Everyone, and i mean EVERYONE! Who has played this game. Young or Old, Casual or Hardcore

Loves this game!...

It's kiddy art-style and box-art don't do this game justice!...

Capcom's promotion (or the missing of it) don't do it either...

But what the FREAKIN' Hell!

BUY THIS GAME!

You REALLY want to, even if you don't know it yet!

Notes:

1) Game has an average of 85.5 out of 100 on www.gamerankings.com

2) Game is ranked 6th best game EVER on Wii.

3) Game is from Capcom.

4) Game is a Wii-exclusive.

5) Game has sold around 175k WW.

6) IGN Gave it a 9.0 and an Editors Choice AWARD!

Munkeh111 said:
@ wojtas, I think most people will have difficulty rejecting Call of Duty, or Uncharted, or Ratchet, or Burnout Paradise, or Heavenly Sword, or Assassins Creed, or more
you get my point. The library is beginning to widen attracting a wider range of gamers

While  i don't disagree with your general point, i do have to say that three of those games don't have that much of a magnetic force on them since they're multiplatform. Truth be told i will be getting a ps3 only for one reason, and that reason is Final fantasy 13.......You know, when you say "attracting a wide range of gamers" the words just don't have that significant meaning anymore, not since the Wii started doing what it's doing , don't you think :) ?

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

Hyperion said:
They sure look great, but they aren't 'breath-taking'. Nothing the 360 can't do. Still I'm expecting an even better game than the original.

I'm confused, what game on the 360 runs at 1080p?

Squall_Leonhart said:
Looks great!

I like how the 360 fans are the ones that are claiming this doesn't look that good... When if this was on the 360 they would be drooling over it lol... Then again thats what has to be expected :P

I like how they all claim halo 360 has better lighting effects, when halo 3 ran at 640p. And how no one compares it to COD4 when COD4 got much better ratings then H3. Just a severe case of fanboism I suppose. But if this game indeed releases at 1080p @ 30 or 60fps it should shut them all up.

The PS3 pwning the 360 in visuals has begun.

Around the Network
MeowTheMouse said:
wow wow wow guys first the chain now this ? these look way better then the chain but nothing amazing !
im not saying its looks bad but certenly not amazing !!

Don't you mean "whoa whoa whoa"?

starcraft said:
Squall_Leonhart said:
Looks great!

I like how the 360 fans are the ones that are claiming this doesn't look that good... When if this was on the 360 they would be drooling over it lol... Then again thats what has to be expected :P

Although things like that do happen regularly, I suspect this is more a case of PS3 fanboys, deprived of games and wondering why their machine isn't making the Xbox 360 look eight years old like Sony said it would claiming that these screenshots look far better than they actually do.........

Hmmm..... lets see, a USB Wi-fi module, USB HD-DVD drive, headsets that plug into the controller, no motion sensing, no media card readers, only 2 USB ports, and a big fat power brick compared to a console with all that built-in and then some.... I'd say the 360 looks pretty old.

Actually, I would love a side by side shot of the 360 with all its add-ons compared to the PS3. I'd find it quite humorous.

starcraft said:
Given that an enormous number of PS3 and 360 games are shipping with less than traditional high-def resolutions MikeB, i think it is a stretch to call either of them TrueHD consoles to coin Sony's phrase.

Like you I can only speak for myself, but I didn't encounter a single frame-rate drop in the entire Halo 3 campaign. To be fair I haven't yet tried legendary, which is the setting that would tax the Xbox 360 the most.

I think all of thesub-720p games on the PS3 are only multiplatform games that had the 360 as lead console, which would be why they ran sub HD on the PS3.

P.S. Do you have an HDTV, because I don't think its fair for you to say "I didnt run into framerate issues" if your running it at 480p. 

Wojtas said:
Mars said:
Wojtas said:
I don't know, most of you people expect from the PS3 greater technical wonders that can't be achieved currently on PC's with better gfc cards and greater amount of RAM.
If the Cell was so powerful to sweep the board with gfx on par with crysis or better (as some seem to actually believe) we would already have crysis on the PS3 and any other game a lot earlier out than now. Above all that the PS3 would cost more like 1600$, not 600$ at launch :P

LMAO

It took 5 years for devs to use PS2s full capability, and PS3 is no esier to code for then PS2 was.

You expect them to max out the Cell/RSX potential in its first year, are you high ?

Crisis like games will be on PS3, just not right now.

First off all developers have at least a year before the console comes out to get to know the architecture. Even if it is difficult to programm for, if the HW allows it they should be able to show thes uber super graphics during the second year already. Epic pulled off UT on the PS3 with some problems as i remember but the game isn't anywhere on par with crysis in terms of graphics and physics.

Besides that your point is not too good of a one. If say they manage to put crysis on the Ps3, let's say in 2 years, who the hell will give a damn by then? By that time we will have two new generations of gfx cards for the pc plus new types of cpu's with games that should probably be close to crysis levels on a normal basis and with even better looking games as future gfx benchmarks for the gaming industry. And if it so happens that in three years time running crysis on normal pc settings will be the max the ps3 can handle it will be even more of a yawn. And that's the sad truth. If they can't pull it off now, then there's no point as it won't matter anymore in the future.

The Wii, and even the PS2 still sell good even though they are way below PC capable graphics, I think your point is not a good one. On the flip side in 2 years most people will own a 1080p TV, the PS3 will still look amazingly good, and then there is the cost, its extremely expensive to keep up with PC Gaming if you want maximum settings all the time.

Wojtas said:
DragonLord said:
Looks great to me....Can't wait.

And anyone who is deprived of games to play on their ps3 has way too much time on their hands...I own a 360 & a ps3...and I honestly spend more time on my ps3. In fact, I can't keep up with the games....haven't even had a chance to play Ratchet & Clank or Uncharted yet (playing UT3 & Rock Band on ps3, and Blue Dragon on 360 right now). But anyhow, doesn't bother me, 90% of the time the people making those comments are naive fools that don't even have a ps3 to know--they blab off hearsay--which I find funny.*prepares for the flaming that will make me sit back and laugh hysterically for the rest of the night*
So your gaming tastes apply to everyone then i take it? Whatever.

What games are on the 360 that dont have a comparable game on the PS3, the PS3 has plenty of FPS's, I'd have to agree with DragonLord, I have owned a PS3 and a 360, and there is nothing on the 360 that you cant find in a similar game on the PS3. As for the Wii, to me it remains a machine only useful for groups, playing it alone is bloody boring.