By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Bill Gates Not Satisfied With Microsoft Innovation

Bill Gates remains chairman of Microsoft, but he stepped back from his day-to-day role nearly five years ago.

In a recent interview with "CBS This Morning" co-host Charlie Rose Gates said he's not satisfied with the company's innovations.

Asked by Rose if he's happy with chief executive officer Steve Ballmer's performance, Gates said, "Well, he and I are two of the most self-critical people -- you can imagine. And here were a lot of amazing things that Steve's leadership got done with the company in the last year. Windows 8 is key to the future, the Surface computer. Bing, people are seeing as a better search product, Xbox."

"But is -- is it enough?" he said. "No, he and I are not satisfied that in terms of, you know, breakthrough things, that we're doing everything possible."

Gates admitted the company didn't "get out in the lead very early" on cell phones. He said, "We didn't miss cell phones, but the way that we went about it didn't allow us to get the leadership. So it's clearly a mistake."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505266_162-57569859/bill-gates-not-satisfied-with-microsoft-innovation/

Around the Network

Thats always good to aspire to greater heights. To be satisfied where you are now leads to stagnation.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

I love this guy.

you gotta respect this guy, what he said at the end about poor kids is right. if only every rich guy was like bill gates there would be no poverty

People like Steve Jobs and Bill Gaters are never satisfied and that is a good thing.

Around the Network

Bill Gates is the greatest human being of all time

^Haha. But I agree that we're lucky to still have Bill Gates after Steve Jobs left us, we only have a few of these inspiring figures left from whom to take inspiration.

However, despite Ballmer's business acumen, I don't like his style at all, he's generally dismissive of the competition and much too enamored with MS to see beyond his own nose I find.

Bill Gates is the best. I cant respect any other business person as much as I do him. Just brilliant.

I say Bill Gates for President of the United States :P

you can't hate on Bill Gates. You just can't.

Building you own start up, drop out of college for it, make it one of the biggest companies on earth, become the richest man on the planet, retire and use your cash for charity is just perfect.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

The man likes his innovation and likes to see Microsoft do the same. He's a pretty brilliant guy, too. It'll be good to see him pushing for bigger and better in the long run, because the new tech and ideas tend to help everyone out.

DirtyP2002 said:

you can't hate on Bill Gates. You just can't.

Building you own start up, drop out of college for it, make it one of the biggest companies on earth, become the richest man on the planet, retire and use your cash for charity is just perfect.

Even better with the charity thing since he's starting to team up with Carlos Slim, the new richest man on the planet.

Gates and Slim Team Up on Hunger