By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Bill Gates Not Satisfied With Microsoft Innovation

This man deserves all respect on the World

Build the most epic company ever, helps charity like no one else.

There´s no better human being.

Around the Network

Yep, he's a great person, unlike Ballmer. And he struggled to avoid saying he doesn't like him anymore!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

JayWood2010 said:
think-man said:
Is it an American thing to like bill gates? I've personally never seen this much love for the guy.

Pfft looking at your avatar -_- lol

Its just that he is the reason for so many changes in the world.  He is what brought everybody a PC that people could afford and use on a daily basis. If it wasnt for him we may not have 80% of the technology we have today.  People use PC to build technology.  Businesses rely on the PC etc.  

IBM brought about the PC vevolution, Gates came after that.  MSDOS played second fiddle to the IBM version for years.  PCs  had been around a long time before windows became dominant.  He did not invent the OS, that existed before DOS with UNIX, VAX, CPM etc.  Gates is responsible for a piece of the technology story but not the bulk of it.  MS bought up smaller companies to build it's software suite. 

Credit where credit is due his foundation does good work.  But Buffet deserves a lot of that credit as the major donor.

allenmaher said:
JayWood2010 said:
think-man said:
Is it an American thing to like bill gates? I've personally never seen this much love for the guy.

Pfft looking at your avatar -_- lol

Its just that he is the reason for so many changes in the world.  He is what brought everybody a PC that people could afford and use on a daily basis. If it wasnt for him we may not have 80% of the technology we have today.  People use PC to build technology.  Businesses rely on the PC etc.  

IBM brought about the PC vevolution, Gates came after that.  MSDOS played second fiddle to the IBM version for years.  PCs  had been around a long time before windows became dominant.  He did not invent the OS, that existed before DOS with UNIX, VAX, CPM etc.  Gates is responsible for a piece of the technology story but not the bulk of it.  MS bought up smaller companies to build it's software suite. 

Credit where credit is due his foundation does good work.  But Buffet deserves a lot of that credit as the major donor.

I'm not saying that he is the only one deserving credit, but what I am saying is that he is a reason for a lot of the technology today.  Without his help bringing us PC's a lot of tech may be absent today.