By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Update: Destiny ViDoc - Pathways Out of Darkness

Munkeh111 said:
This does sound rather epic, combining the best parts of a single player experience with the good bits of an MMO.

Having said that, I need some confirmation it will be on a console I own, a release date and some gameplay footage before I get too excited

its confirmed that its coming to ps3 and 360 for now. they also said next gen consoles, they didnt say exactly which ones but its a safe bet to assume both ms and sony's next gen console's 

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
This does sound rather epic, combining the best parts of a single player experience with the good bits of an MMO.

Having said that, I need some confirmation it will be on a console I own, a release date and some gameplay footage before I get too excited

There is no single player experience in Destiny.  In order to even play the game at all you have to he connected online at all times because the game forcibly puts other players automatically in your game whatever your doing.  Bungies avoiding the term MMO but this is 100% an MMO.

I don't know what you guys are going off about but the game looks like it could be very awesome. I think the story looks really good (that's what really caught my attention). As far as the graphics go it looks great (not amazing) but the game is still pretty far from being finished so that could improve dramatically.

Either way I am really looking forward to Destiny.

BenVTrigger said:
Munkeh111 said:

There is no single player experience in Destiny.  In order to even play the game at all you have to he connected online at all times because the game forcibly puts other players automatically in your game whatever your doing.  Bungies avoiding the term MMO but this is 100% an MMO.

I don't care that it is online, I can mostly be left alone, they have said that you can complete the game on your own. I will probably be playing it co-op, but I like the idea that it can open into larger open battles.

I guess we can't really be sure how it works until there is some actual gameplay and more details of precisely how it works in reality

Around the Network

MMO? No.
Reminds me alot of Star Wars from that artwork tbh

I can't wait............................................. I'm literally dieing in impatience!

Very excited for this!