By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Update: Destiny ViDoc - Pathways Out of Darkness

pezus said:
pokoko said:
Not on PC ...? Surprising.

Did they announce platforms?

IGN did, ps3,360,PS4 and 720.

Confirmation 3rd parties don't care about the wii U :(

If though I don't own the system I find it a tad annoying. If the console could run the game better then the ps3/360 then why not put it on the Wii U. It sell, just not as much as the other systems

Around the Network

To be honest I don't know why I got so excited, Bungie developed Halo games continually became less and less technically impressive as the franchise went on. I remember people looking at Halo 3 and going, "is that all you could squeeze out of the 360!?"

pezus said:
Lol @IGN guy saying "there's no way this is running on 360 or PS3". Actually, it's really likely, or a PC equivalent. Lol, does not look next-gen.

It looks like a current gen game running on mid weight PC.

So, this is not timed exclusive anymore and are releasing them all at the same time?

The texture work in this is honestly horrible. Lighting looks great but my god those textures.....

Still though Im excited for the game I just think I set my hopes waaaay to high.

Around the Network

I expected more TBH. 

Called my attention during IGN discussion:

1º It will require permanent internet connection to be played.

2º No subscription fee required.  Xbox owners might need a Gold account to play.

The lighting is incredible.

Also, supposedly PC is on "stay tuned" status.

Shared experience is Destiny's most important pillar, a design philosophy Bungie truly believes in. Co-op courses through the veins of the game, its heartbeat pulsing constant connections powered by the studio's new, advanced network technology. "Everything you do in life is more fun if you do it with your friends," Jones says. "Everything you do in life is more fun if there are other people around doing the same thing with you. Imagine the gym, imagine college, imagine those experiences were solitary, that there was nobody there, nobody to check you in, nobody working out next to you. It sounds crazy but that's the experience we've had for decades with these solo video game experiences. That's not the kind of campaign we're building in Destiny. That's not what we want to do."
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-17-destiny-bungie-unveils-its-shared-world-shooter

You know, right now, I'm thinking I might pass. I find it annoying when the focus is on grouping up all the time. Also, I prefer working out by myself, so, yeah.

pezus said:
BenVTrigger said:
The texture work in this is ho.stly horrible. Lighting looks great but my god those textures.....

Still though Im excited for the game I just think I set my hopes waaaay to high.

Meh, O on current gen so we can't expect better really. Hopefully they'll upgrade it for next-gen/PC. Texture work looks a lot like Halo 3, but at least lighting looks awesome

Yeah like I said I think I just set my expectations too high.  I honestly thought we would see something that looked truly next gen today but we didnt at all.  It looks good and the actual gameplay / story sound very interesting but I guess Im surprised this isnt even up to Halo 4 level of graphics

BenVTrigger said:
  • pezus said:
BenVTrigger said:
The texture work in this is ho.stly horrible. Lighting looks great but my god those textures.....

Meh, O on current gen so we can't expect better really. Hopefully they'll upgrade it for next-gen/PC. Texture work looks a lot like Halo 3, but at least lighting looks awesome

Yeah like I said I think I just set my expectations too high.  I honestly thought we would see something that looked truly next gen today but we didnt at all.  It looks good and the actual gameplay / story sound very interesting but I guess Im surprised this isnt even up to Halo 4 level of graphics

Bro,

• It's in progress.
  • It's bigger than a ordinary shooter.
  • Very unlikely this is the Durango or Orbis version.

Be brave. :)