By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Have you already picked your primary console for Next-Gen?

What will be your Primary Console Next-Gen?

Wii U 132 18.67%

Orbis (PS4) 360 50.92%

Durango (720) 126 17.82%

Don't know yet 78 11.03%

SR 11 1.56%

Total:707
S.T.A.G.E. said:
teigaga said:
To be honest its very easy to say Sony at this point but I think we should all just wait and see whats on other.

Microsoft having been building up their first teams, so they can deliver on the 1st party front. Also I'm sure they've looked at the evolution of PSN and are ready to respond with a next gen xbox live. Above all things they have the money to throw about and I still think their next gen system may trump sony's in terms of power. Remember how beastly the original Xbox was?

Based on what we have so far my pic is obviously sony. Not only because I'm PS Plus member but also because I"ve grown very fond of their first party studios and their ambition. But again, I really have to wait and see whats on offer.

My money says half of the new IP's will be shooters. Microsoft only takes risk where they know the money is. In that case there isnt very much risk.

I don't really care for shooters but I love RPGs. If next gen fable is a launch title its going to be hard for me to resist.

I also love sci-fi , so I'm really intrigued by Destiny which may also be a launch title. ALthough I'm not  a massive fan of shooters, I can put up with them if they are blended with other genres like adventure and RPG...

Around the Network

Any RPG fans remember how superior the 360's first party line up was in 2007.

-Lost Odyssey
-Mass Effect
-Bioshock

They should have never let Bioware escape their grasp.

As every gen I'll get them all, but Durango will be my primary as the Xbox franchise has served the the most and best for the last 2 gens.

*Insert sly comment about Sony being lame here because this is bitchchartz*

zero129 said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
Turkish said:
My world is gonna be very Sony dominated in the coming years with the PS4 and Xperia Z.

im the same. im getting the PS4 and depending on how interegated the Xperia Z range is with it il buy a Xperia z tablet :P 

OT: il be getting the PS4 regardless as i know it will have the games i want. what i buy next is up in the air. i would like a WiiU but first i would want a tablet-redisn just to make it a little thinner and smaller (this wont afect why i buy one though). il feel as it im missing out if i dont buy one. with the next Xbox is really depends on the way Ms move forward with it. i brough both xboxs launch day and 1 was great, 360 was.. well, i try to pretend it didnt happen. if they launch the next xbox and it looks like the buisness model they have done with the 360 i wont bother at all. 

Why? the 360 eclipsed the original xbox in terms of everything? so why would you act like it didnt happen or not want it to happen? was it cos it cut into Sonys share of the market more so then the Original xbox??.

no the xbox1 for me was actualyl better then the PS2. the 360 didnt bring me any games i wanted, there first party games are no interest. i know there building there 1st party up so im hoping for lots and i mean ALOT of new IPs from them to get me on board. i just wishe they would do better and try harder for gamers next gen. i want games not 6 Halos lol. 

teigaga said:
xKakashi209x said:
Only console I will be owning is anything tied to sony. I just stick with one console as long as it feeds my gaming needs.

But surely the extent to which your needs are fed is based on what microsoft announce for their  systems.

Microsoft just doesn't have any IPs that is appealing to me and I doubt they will start with the next box.

Around the Network

Not yet. Kind of a strange question when two of the consoles haven't even been unveiled yet. I typically only buy one console per generation, this generation being the exception because Microsoft dropped the ball so hard about halfway through it, so I'm not in any rush to decide.

Dmick90 said:
dharh said:
Dmick90 said:
dharh said:
After getting burned by both XBOX, X360, Gamecube, and Wii from the prev generations i'm going to be hard pressed to buy the WiiU and the X720. I've been an idort for my entire life (though I did eventually sell of all my sega consoles except the dreamcast) but I think I'm done. I've been too disappointed, nothing short a slew of stellar orgasmic games coming from WiiU or X720 would make me consider buying them and I just don't think they will deliver.

What do you mean burned? You got 8 years worth of great Xbox 360 games and 5 years of many fantastic original Xbox games. Gamecube and Wii had many great games as well.

XBOX made an absolutely poor showing and a too short life span. X360 in general only has halo and a smattering of exclusive RPGs that are any good whatsoever. The Wii has next to no RPGs with traditional controls. I tried the wiimote thing for a couple years and couldn't even finish either Zelda games because it was so lame.

That's your opinion. I'm not really a big RPG fan anyways, but I thought the Fable series was great. Microsoft just got its foot in the door with Xbox and once it established a fanbase they went all out and put all their resources behind the 360. Xbox 360 is like wine, the games keep getting better with time. You can't say you haven't got your moneys worth out of it because we're getting some of the best games near the end of its life cycle. 

LOL? Xbox desperately needs more exclusive games. It really just has Halo and Gears. Fable has dissapointed its fans with every release and now its probably gone anyways after Journey flopped. Forza is cool and that's really all there is. Sure there is some live games which is cool if you like playing arcade style games but Microsoft really really needs more games...desperately or they are finished. You can't fucking tell me Microsoft has spent wisely. Instead of investing in new games they have thrown away money with timed exclusive bullshit which doesn't do anything at all. COD games and Bethesda games sold more on xbox to begin with and so Microsoft gives them money for dlc when they already sell better on xbox to begin with? Absolutely fucking retarded. 

Seriously. Microsoft has Halo and Gears...that's it. It needs to change.

I already have a 3DS and a Vita. Assuming no nasty surprises i will get a ps4 and a Wii U.

In an ideal world where i had tons of money, i would own them all, give my support to as many developers as possible. As it stands i already own the WiiU and that will likely eat up all of my gaming funds making it near impossible for me to afford any others. First entry to Gen 8 gets my vote

Current Game Machines: 3DS, Wii U, PC.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)

zero129 said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
zero129 said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
Turkish said:
My world is gonna be very Sony dominated in the coming years with the PS4 and Xperia Z.

im the same. im getting the PS4 and depending on how interegated the Xperia Z range is with it il buy a Xperia z tablet :P 

OT: il be getting the PS4 regardless as i know it will have the games i want. what i buy next is up in the air. i would like a WiiU but first i would want a tablet-redisn just to make it a little thinner and smaller (this wont afect why i buy one though). il feel as it im missing out if i dont buy one. with the next Xbox is really depends on the way Ms move forward with it. i brough both xboxs launch day and 1 was great, 360 was.. well, i try to pretend it didnt happen. if they launch the next xbox and it looks like the buisness model they have done with the 360 i wont bother at all. 

Why? the 360 eclipsed the original xbox in terms of everything? so why would you act like it didnt happen or not want it to happen? was it cos it cut into Sonys share of the market more so then the Original xbox??.

no the xbox1 for me was actualyl better then the PS2. the 360 didnt bring me any games i wanted, there first party games are no interest. i know there building there 1st party up so im hoping for lots and i mean ALOT of new IPs from them to get me on board. i just wishe they would do better and try harder for gamers next gen. i want games not 6 Halos lol. 

You do know Ms at the start of this gen Ms had a very good few exclusive games right? many more so then the original xbox?. Anyway doesnt matter but i just couldnt understand how you got more enjoyment out of the original xbox then you did this one :-/

Just because it wasn't very good. While the Xbox1 was.