By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What would Sony do with a touchpad?

It needs to be a small touchSCREEN.

VMU baby!

Around the Network

dont know what they're going to use it for but i dont think this touch screen will change anything with games. its not like the wii u's massive screen but a small one that will go where the start and select buttons are on the dualshock 3 now.

NiKKoM said:

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!!!! AGAIN!!

this is exactly what I hope it isn't used for.  I still remember the first Uncharted using sixaxis for logs and grenades and hated it.  To all of  you saying it makes web browsing or in game menus easier I just don't see it.  I scroll around with the analog sticks just fine.  R1 and L1 can be used to go in between menus instead of swiping back and forth.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

sex games

Around the Network
ishiki said:
sex games

best response yet.  I will gladly pay 9999 us dollars and get 20 jobs to pay for it now

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

superchunk said:
Nothing. Its a pointless knee-jerk reaction to WiiU just like PS3's initial sixaxis motion crap to Wii. Additionally, let it be known that I absolutely hate touchpads on laptops and always use a USB mouse instead.

I concur, dont see this working, do they want me to stretch my thumb to reach the pad when im playing a game, or do i hold it with my left hand while i use my index finger on my other hand to operate the pad. Niether gesture seems natural to me and i cant see myself wanting to deal with it in the middle of a game. 

"We're in the business of making money" said by every company ever known

bigCchris said:
superchunk said:
Nothing. Its a pointless knee-jerk reaction to WiiU just like PS3's initial sixaxis motion crap to Wii. Additionally, let it be known that I absolutely hate touchpads on laptops and always use a USB mouse instead.

I concur, dont see this working, do they want me to stretch my thumb to reach the pad when im playing a game, or do i hold it with my left hand while i use my index finger on my other hand to operate the pad. Niether gesture seems natural to me and i cant see myself wanting to deal with it in the middle of a game. 

yeah but I guess as long as it doesn't cost a lot I won't mind.  I was just worried it would take money that could have been put into more actual console power (like what happened with WiiU).  However if they took out sixaxis and the touchpad they could save a few bucks for the console and help beef up the RAM or something.

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

platformmaster918 said:
ishiki said:
sex games

best response yet.  I will gladly pay 9999 us dollars and get 20 jobs to pay for it now

well it did work for the Vita

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Use as a cursor for the OS like a laptop touchpad.
Touch imput for casual games
Ability to display extra data in games.