By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What would Sony do with a touchpad?

i really don't care, as long as it doesn't make me talk to it or wave my hands around

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network

Don't really see this as a good idea either. It looks too small to be practically used. Obviously We gotta wait and see what its intended use will be, but I just can't see this as being anything other than gimmicky.

bananaking21 said:
i really hope this is allowed in things like littlebigplanets level creator, being able to navigate through the level and place items using this will make creating levels so much faster

Well thought. It will be much easier to create levels for LBP.

If that works like a laptop touchpad, I will be more than happy to browse etc.

''What would Sony do with a touchpad?''

It would touch itself.

Around the Network

Think about swiping tabs in the OS or browser for example, pinch to zoom, scroll etc. Its a great addition that will make using social apps on PS4 more pleasant.

zumnupy10 said:
bananaking21 said:
i really hope this is allowed in things like littlebigplanets level creator, being able to navigate through the level and place items using this will make creating levels so much faster

Well thought. It will be much easier to create levels for LBP.

exactly, and it will help in every "play-create-share" games they have. karting games, 2D platformers or even infamouses level creator 

It's for either PS Mobile or pure and direct Android games on Ouya.

it will also be perfect for launching Shuriken

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

with the pc market decline, I think sony wants to improve on PS3 by making PS4 an always on, ultimate htpc. You can have all your mobile products, but the PS4 will be your stable pc. The PS3 browser was absolute shit, I always expected an update to fix it that never came. A great OS with that ram, & laptop trackpad on the ds4 should fix most of the previous gens problems.