By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony PR has sunk to a new low, sickening

weezy said:

@HUS

I bet you thought that was the best PR stunt EVAR!

you c l o w n

exacly, a PR stunt.

Around the Network

Of course it goes on, lots of terrible stuff goes on in the world but most companies are not stupid enough to use it as an advertisment.

Did they not think the magazine might be a subscription for some kid in the family, I subscribe to XBOX360 and Nintendo magazine and my children read it before me, and I expect the publishers to be responsible and intelligent enough to realise this and not allow such images in a magazine that is put on sale for anyone to purchase.

They have been stupid and acted inappropriately and they know this or else they would have stuck by their actions instead of withdrawing 80,000 copies of the magazine.

llewdebkram said:

Of course it goes on, lots of terrible stuff goes on in the world but most companies are not stupid enough to use it as an advertisment.

Did they not think the magazine might be a subscription for some kid in the family, I subscribe to XBOX360 and Nintendo magazine and my children read it before me, and I expect the publishers to be responsible and intelligent enough to realise this and not allow such images in a magazine that is put on sale for anyone to purchase.

They have been stupid and acted inappropriately and they know this or else they would have stuck by their actions instead of withdrawing 80,000 copies of the magazine.

Soccer mags in Uk have naked chicks.

Tv mags have naked chicks

Car mags have naked chicks all over each other licking each others ass's (good stuff)

you have stupid PC people that get theitr panties in a bunch over everything, they will be a pain in the ass untill you get rid of what ever they are bitching about.  You ever work retail you would have experience with them.

I hate to defend Hus, but the namecalling is unecessary.

*yawn*

I cant stand ppl who can't take a little criticism...let alone when someone has to defend someones honor on a video. game. messageboard...its all in good fun.

I am the Anti-Square Bear.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

in other news, If you click on the link, you will notice that the girl in the picture (towards the bottom left) is not wearing a top, I think its just paint

Your kids might be in for more than just dead animal carcasses 

Around the Network

I never even mentioned half naked women, everyone has a body, you can see the same on beaches and in swimming pools worldwide,  but my guess is very few have the whole slaughtered body of an animal they feed from in their home.

Marketing is all about knowing how people will react to your message ...

Produce a poster by taking an attractive woman who is fully dressed (in fashionable clothing) and in a moderately sexy pose holding a Wii (or Wiimote) with the caption "I like my Wii small. Nintendo Wii Size Matters!"

It's sexy, it's tasteful and it is somewhat clever (hey there is a reason I'm not in marketing); If well executed it will catch the eye of Men because it is an attractive Woman, it will catch the eye of a lot of women because the woman is cool and stylish, it won't offend that many people because the woman is not being portrayed in an overly sexual way and the message that the Wii is "Sexy, cool and small" will be delivered.

Slaughtering an animal, posting graphic images of it, and then joking around about it is offensive to most people because it is unnecessarily cruel, sadistic and brutal; this may be what the game is about, but the emotional reaction people will have with this stunt is not the type of reaction you want people to have with your company or product.

HappySqurriel said:

Marketing is all about knowing how people will react to your message ...

Produce a poster by taking an attractive woman who is fully dressed (in fashionable clothing) and in a moderately sexy pose holding a Wii (or Wiimote) with the caption "I like my Wii small. Nintendo Wii Size Matters!"

It's sexy, it's tasteful and it is somewhat clever (hey there is a reason I'm not in marketing); If well executed it will catch the eye of Men because it is an attractive Woman, it will catch the eye of a lot of women because the woman is cool and stylish, it won't offend that many people because the woman is not being portrayed in an overly sexual way and the message that the Wii is "Sexy, cool and small" will be delivered.

Slaughtering an animal, posting graphic images of it, and then joking around about it is offensive to most people because it is unnecessarily cruel, sadistic and brutal; this may be what the game is about, but the emotional reaction people will have with this stunt is not the type of reaction you want people to have with your company or product.

I agree.

Computer games are about fantasy, taking a break from reality, having fun and being able to do things you could not do in real life.

The only people I can see the appealing to are the ones that really think they could drive a car like in need for Speed or really be like a soldier in Medal of honor (the soldiers in Iraq don't have a health bar which is able to be to topped up with a water canteen you know!) and really avoid the police after killing people like in GTA.

In other words people that find it very difficult to separate fantasy from reality.

I would tell you the story of my son's 14 year old friend that really thought he could roll over the bonnet of a moving car like in GTA, but you wouldn't believe it!!

He's still alive btw, he's also claimed in the past he can move his arms so fast he could repel bullets, but he hasn't tried that yet!

Wow the girl in that picture is pretty hot, but the entire idea was idiotic, how did they manage to get this past the idea stage, are there no women with any power at all in their advertising department?

1st. It is greek food. *greek* they dont do stuff like we do today. Not modern greek. We are talking about historic Greek Food. ya'know. The kind of food they ate when they worshiped Zeus. Not God, well before Jesus.

2nd. It's Food. If that is animal cruelty, so is eating a cow... or a goat... or a chicken... or a fish.

3rd. This is F*king awosome. I wish I had been there. That was a party for children, The ones who LOVE God of War... Yup That it was. A party for children! 

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!