By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony PR has sunk to a new low, sickening

Kwaad said:

1st. It is greek food. *greek* they dont do stuff like we do today. Not modern greek. We are talking about historic Greek Food. ya'know. The kind of food they ate when they worshiped Zeus. Not God, well before Jesus.

2nd. It's Food. If that is animal cruelty, so is eating a cow... or a goat... or a chicken... or a fish.

3rd. This is F*king awosome. I wish I had been there. That was a party for children, The ones who LOVE God of War... Yup That it was. A party for children! 

We'll Jesus is just an amalgam of Pagan gods

And i'm vegeterian so I can say that this is sick without any hypocrisy, Sony has a bunch of morons working for them

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

Is anyone here from the UK? I heard Dailymail is one of those tabloids that posts basically fake news and crap.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

Avinash_Tyagi said:
Kwaad said:

1st. It is greek food. *greek* they dont do stuff like we do today. Not modern greek. We are talking about historic Greek Food. ya'know. The kind of food they ate when they worshiped Zeus. Not God, well before Jesus.

2nd. It's Food. If that is animal cruelty, so is eating a cow... or a goat... or a chicken... or a fish.

3rd. This is F*king awosome. I wish I had been there. That was a party for children, The ones who LOVE God of War... Yup That it was. A party for children!

We'll Jesus is just an amalgam of Pagan gods

And i'm vegeterian so I can say that this is sick without any hypocrisy, Sony has a bunch of morons working for them

I actually had a beautiful massive post written about this, and I decided agianst posting it.

I refrenced a religion that basically has 'jesus' just at 500BC... Same story, almost word for word. He dies, after 3 days, he rises agian, he lives life as a virgin... yadda yadda yadda... Same old story... just older... :P 

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Steve 3.2 said:

Wow... someone should put together all of Sony's ad campaigns for the Playstation brand over the past year into a book called 'What Not to Do For Advertising and Public Relations Majors'. Apparently Sony never learns from its past mistakes.

What really sucks is that this stunt is actually making a good game look bad. Sony is its own worst enemy right now.

Maybe not a book but certainly an article.

Adverse Advertising 

http://www.popzart.com/?page=view&topic=248

John Lucas 

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

Kwaad said:

If you've seen some of the european PS3 comercials... holy crap. I dont see how they could be put on the air. Sony would be sued, and would LOOSE, if they saw the light of day in america. Sony Europe is totally wack. (in what they do)

However I really dont see a problem with this. It was an authentic Greek Party. Who cares. I wish I could've been there tho.

EDIT: The Sony Europe comercials... are really weird. I like them, but american culture would NOT accept them.

No Kwaad, i am Greek and i *assure* you that it wasn't a authentic Greek Party. It was a SICK SONY PARTY!

You're insulting Greek people and i want you to recall. 

Around the Network

I think this is of bad taste and it's cruelty. If it was Nintendo or any other company I would say the same thing because I'm sensitive towards animals. They do have feelings and they don't deserve to be treated this way, but I think the most horrible and stupid part of this is that it's for a video game PR and it wasn't neccessary.

Oh and I'm a vegetarian, just so you know.

Kwaad said:

If you've seen some of the european PS3 comercials... holy crap. I dont see how they could be put on the air. Sony would be sued, and would LOOSE, if they saw the light of day in america. Sony Europe is totally wack. (in what they do)

However I really dont see a problem with this. It was an authentic Greek Party. Who cares. I wish I could've been there tho.

EDIT: The Sony Europe comercials... are really weird. I like them, but american culture would NOT accept them.

Yay, my 1st post and i get to quote Kwaad! Welcome me!

About the Sony advertising in general..it has become clear that sony are preaching to the age of 13-18, that automatically identifies anything violent,controvercial, based on popular urban culture or simply idiotic as "cool"

Sony though, are functioning on the moto of "every publicity is good publicity". There is no way that Sony P.R. didn't know that this stunt was going to be a nightmare on their hands, so it is logicaly to say, that they feed on the bad reactions, creating free hype for their products.

Negative Press for them is still Press, and possible damages they have to pay are still less than a big commercial campaign. It's smart yet controvercial move, one that a company with the size Sony has should not try it, because they risk of alieneting much of their supporters to the altar of profit. Sony fans are having a hard time as it is in this generation with the company recent choices, and it is hard for them to be argumentative when the company they follow, considers them to be all ignorant small kids that buy something on the "WOW" factor.

It's a shame though, because God Of War is a good franchise and they are promoting it just for the "boobs & guts" instead on focusing on the length or gameplay.

And Btw Kwaad.. Greek Parties do NOT have fresh slained carcasses in the background, neither did ancient Greeks ate offerings to the Gods. This was considered sacrillege. And they also HAVE discovered fire(FIRE BAD!) and had very good cooking skills, so eating the raw entrails of a gutted animal was out of the question.. But we are used to be considered as barbarians do to ignorance, so there...

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

Regards controversial commercials ... This one is my favorite. BTW I own WHITE PSP.

kber81 said:

Regards controversial commercials ... This one is my favorite. BTW I own WHITE PSP.

Well the system is pretty nice. Sony just dropped the ball on enticing people to buy more games for it.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Sister = way more powerful & hot than nazi chick with glue on her head.

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"