By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Galaxy is getting really repetitive.

Griffin said:
azrm2k said:
Sqrl said:

pssst, everyone is biased towards their own opinions...thats sorta how it works

Everyone stands by their opinions yes but some have more shall we say "skewed/ignorant" opinions than others.

Plus the most important thing is fun factor and SMG has none of that.

^ Griffin in another thread. SMG a game which by now has become the 2nd highest ranked game of all time and whose lowest score recorded on GR/Metacritic is a measly 90 even though it doesn't have HD graphics isn't fun at all apparently.

How is my opinion skewed/ignorant, i good game is a good game no matter the system its on. R&C on the PS3 is just a much better game for me, i beat the game about 4times its just that much fun. Having better graphics in a game is a plus, but it in no way has any effect on how much i like a game. My buddy who owns the system and SMG has over 100 stars and he only rates it a 7.5 the same score he gives Halo3, while he gives bioshock a 10/10.

Everyone has their opinion, and not everyone likes the game. The fact that its rated the highest game ever just shows you how blind some gamers are and the fact that they over look all the flaws the game has.

I could also say the same thing about the orange box, HL2 and its episodes are just average games aswell, they are nothing special, HL2 was infact very boring, Ep1 and Ep2 are better but not by much. Portal is average aswell, its nothing special.

Well, let me put it this way: it's a good thing you're not a gaming journalist.

Around the Network

The fact that its rated the highest game ever just shows you how blind some gamers are

It's fine to think it doesn't deserve to be #2 or even in the top ten games of all time. That's perfectly fine and a valid opinion. However that isn't what is being argued. Your statement that the game isn't fun at all is what I pointed out. When not a single professional critic can give the game less than a 9/10 in a day and age where not only does it look inferior to other games on competing consoles but also harsh critics dock points unfairly to drive up hits to their websites then obviously the game is doing something right and is... wait for it.... FUN!!! Other gamers and critics aren't blind for giving it such praise. You are blind. Blinded by your own fanboy ideals which is a shame seeing as you will never be able to appreciate some true gems simply due to the console(s) they are released on.

The wii is a plague on the video game industry and must be stopped, Sony fans take up arms and destroy all the wii's.

Your words on your profile wall..... 

good game is a good game no matter the system its on.

Wise words. If only you'd actually listen to yourself and follow that motto.

Griffin said:

The fact that its rated the highest game ever just shows you how blind some gamers are and the fact that they over look all the flaws the game has.  

What. The. Hell. If people rate a game as the best ever, they are not overlooking any flaws: they are having fun. Why aren't we allowed to say that SMG is the best game ever, or at least one of them? Because you don't like it? This is simply a matter of respecting others' opinions and realizing that games are meant to be fun. To me and many others, SMG is the most fun gaming experience we ever had - you can't do anything about that. All you can say is that you don't like it or like another game better. To pretend that we are stupid because we like Super Mario Galaxy is blinder than anything.

I drink your milkshake.

T013 said:
Griffin said:

The fact that its rated the highest game ever just shows you how blind some gamers are and the fact that they over look all the flaws the game has.

What. The. Hell. If people rate a game as the best ever, they are not overlooking any flaws: they are having fun. Why aren't we allowed to say that SMG is the best game ever, or at least one of them? Because you don't like it? This is simply a matter of respecting others' opinions and realizing that games are meant to be fun. To me and many others, SMG is the most fun gaming experience we ever had - you can't do anything about that. All you can say is that you don't like it or like another game better. To pretend that we are stupid because we like Super Mario Galaxy is blinder than anything.

I never called anyone stupid, i said nothing bad about anyone on this site. You all have you opinions, and i have mine, and i think thats just fine. i realize you guys all had fun with it, but i never did, and some share my views and some don't, the same way i'm sure you guys don't enjoy all the games i do. I never meant to be rude, and i'm truly sorry if anyone was offended by what i said.

@azrm2k, the words on my profile are joke, and i'm sure everyone can see that.

@Rol, i don't see what PS3owners have anything to do with me.

@fazz, i am a Sony fan, but that in no way affects the way i play games, i am also a massive Halo fan, i also love many other xbox games.  I also love many Nintnedo games, I have owned most Nintendo consoles, i also love smash brothers, mario cart, and mario tennis along with animal crossing.  I just don't like SMG, the Zelda games and the Metroid games.

I think super mario galaxy is the worst game ver... seriously affter5 hours and 50 stars in a single sitting, my back hurts and i get really hungry :P, and luigi is worst, you have to play a second time through against your will just for the amazingness of the sidekick brother!!! im a luigi guy, why did they have to make him an unlockable? i would have gotten my life back earlier if it wasnt for him ;)

Around the Network

Very misleading title stof.

Griffin said:

How is my opinion skewed/ignorant, i good game is a good game no matter the system its on. R&C on the PS3 is just a much better game for me, i beat the game about 4times its just that much fun. Having better graphics in a game is a plus, but it in no way has any effect on how much i like a game. My buddy who owns the system and SMG has over 100 stars and he only rates it a 7.5 the same score he gives Halo3, while he gives bioshock a 10/10.

Everyone has their opinion, and not everyone likes the game. The fact that its rated the highest game ever just shows you how blind some gamers are and the fact that they over look all the flaws the game has.

I could also say the same thing about the orange box, HL2 and its episodes are just average games aswell, they are nothing special, HL2 was infact very boring, Ep1 and Ep2 are better but not by much. Portal is average aswell, its nothing special.

Ladies and gentlemen. The new world record for contradicting yourself has been set by Griffin at two sentences. That is two sentences.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

stof said:
Griffin said:

Ladies and gentlemen. The new world record for contradicting yourself has been set by Griffin at two sentences. That is two sentences.

I'm afraid that's incorrect Stof, that record has already been beaten by Legend11 (VGC15619, 01/27/08, 03:20):

I won't bother responding with insults, I'll take the high road because I don't feel like getting in the mud and wrestling with pigs (and no I'm not talking about your mother).

One sentence is pretty hard to beat. But does it still count after he retracted his statement?

On topic: Portal is average aswell, its nothing special. Even if some fun-hating philistine were to objectively look at this game he would have to concede that there is nothing "average" about Portal. It's a completely new and fun experience, if a short one. There is little in gaming more "special", in fact, than this exquisite game, and if Griffin has actually played it I would say he is an absolute lunatic to try to deny it, whether or not he actually enjoyed the "specialness" the game offers.

Griffin is an absolute lunatic, judging by his description of Portal as "average" and "nothing special".  (If, that is, he's actually experienced the game himself.  If he's simply passed judgement on it while remaining totally ignorant of what the game is actually like, then he's just a damned hypocritical ignoramus.)  

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Wait, I can see how Nintendo fanboys who never played Galaxy could try to marginalize it....but saying "Portal is just average" or whatever that dude said.

I don't care if I get banned, that's fucking retarded.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Griffin said:
azrm2k said:
Sqrl said:

pssst, everyone is biased towards their own opinions...thats sorta how it works

Everyone stands by their opinions yes but some have more shall we say "skewed/ignorant" opinions than others.

Plus the most important thing is fun factor and SMG has none of that.

^ Griffin in another thread. SMG a game which by now has become the 2nd highest ranked game of all time and whose lowest score recorded on GR/Metacritic is a measly 90 even though it doesn't have HD graphics isn't fun at all apparently.

How is my opinion skewed/ignorant, i good game is a good game no matter the system its on.  R&C on the PS3 is just a much better game for me, i beat the game about 4times its just that much fun.  Having better graphics in a game is a plus, but it in no way has any effect on how much i like a game.  My buddy who owns the system and SMG has over 100 stars and he only rates it a 7.5 the same score he gives Halo3, while he gives bioshock a 10/10. 

Everyone has their opinion, and not everyone likes the game.  The fact that its rated the highest game ever just shows you how blind some gamers are and the fact that they over look all the flaws the game has.  

I could also say the same thing about the orange box, HL2 and its episodes are just average games aswell, they are nothing special, HL2 was infact very boring, Ep1 and Ep2 are better but not by much.  Portal is average aswell, its nothing special.

A Sony fanboy claiming R&C is better than SMG? WHAT a suprise :D

Really, noone can touch Mario when it comes to platforming. It's simply leagues better than the 2nd best offerings.