By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FRENCH hardware sales (january, february and march)

According "les Echos" (french magazine of Economy) :

Nintendo DS : 260.000
Nintendo Wii : 144.000
Playstation 2 : 92.000
PSP : 90.000
Playstation 3 : 81.000
Xbox 360 : 43.000

Does anybody knows 2006 numbers for Wii and X360 ? I'd really know about LTD sales... (few days ago, French Nintendo CEO said that wii has already outsells X360 in France...)

(Thanks to xbox-mag.net)

Around the Network

That seems likely if Wii outsold 360 3:1 in a 3 month period. 

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Btw: France = most Nintendo loving European country... So this could very well be true!

THE NETHERLANDS

I had a feeling that the XB360 was not selling well at all in France, and now there's the confirmation.

What is the most amazing to me, is that the XB360 fans don't understand why the console doesn't sell in France.

The reliability alone would be a point not to buy this hardware. I'll stop my rant there though. 

other then Uk, 360 aint sellig well anywhere in europe.

Around the Network

Must admit, Sony didn't do half bad. But, is this thought Europe, oor just France?

Legend11 said:
I just don't understand the French, of course I never understood the appeal of mimes either. I think their hatred or jealousy or whatever it is of America blinds them.

It is more likely they dont like the kind of games that the X360 offers to them, the French society is more idealist, they live in the clouds je je je, it is a little bit like the Japan story or the German story, only UK and the USA are similar cultural countries 

Does anybody knows 2006 numbers for Wii and X360 ? I'd really know about LTD sales... (few days ago, French Nintendo CEO said that wii has already outsells X360 in France...)

The numbers on this site, which I'm taking with a grain of salt for Europe, are 200k Wii, 410k 360. I'd assume they're off by 10-20% but should give you a rough idea.

http://vgchartz.com/euroyearly.php

Legend11,

If you actually think that modern western consumer preferences work by the flag you're just a stupid nationalist.

Hardcore gaming is a bubble economy blown up by Microsoft's $7 $6 billion losses.