By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FRENCH hardware sales (january, february and march)

sharky said:
larry said:
omgwtfbbq said:
360 is selling well in Australia. the original did well but Australia was a Sony country.

Australia is still a Sony Country.

My cousin bought one ps3 yesterday and like many ...his friends are waiting for the price to go down before making a purchase. ( a bit more expensive than what it is in US if you are unaware)

Now x360 is trailing both Wii and ps3 in australia .

But dont forget that as soon as the price goes down it would be Sony all over.

Have any proof 360 is trailing PS3 in Austrailia?

Oh no, you dont, because it isn't, not even close. Last I remember, 360's launch down under outsold PS3's. Then factor in how much longer 360 has been out, and it's not even close.

The foreign 360 haters on this site are getting ridiculous. GO BACK TO CHINA.

27000 ps3s were sold during the launch week compared to 33000  x360  and 40 000 nintendo Wii in Australia.

However the ps3 was priced at 1000 Au $  and in terms of total revenues Sony outgunned MS by a factor of 2.13 during the launch periods.

as for official figures and stats you could search the threads from

www.neogaf.com 

Around the Network
sharky said:
ookaze said:

I had a feeling that the XB360 was not selling well at all in France, and now there's the confirmation.

What is the most amazing to me, is that the XB360 fans don't understand why the console doesn't sell in France.

The reliability alone would be a point not to buy this hardware. I'll stop my rant there though.

Who cares? Who made France the center of the universe? This kind of arrogance is why I cant stand a lot of Europeans.

BTW, I read somewhere French LTD 360 sales are ~400k? Not bad imo, in a place where 360 is supposedly DOA. It will probably end up beating PS3 there for the whole gen, which is all I care about with regards to that (I dont really see Wii as competition)

ummm youre in a thread about French numbers...if you cant handle the actual numbers and discussion concerning them, then get out of the thread......did you smell some negative reality concerning 360 sales so you try to come here and act snooty or something?  

How you equate a thread about french sales and people speaking about them as them saying "france is the center of the universe" is beyond me....wait no its not, im american so i know exactly why you think it, because americans sense of entitlement and bubble vision on the world is disgusting, thats why.  Get R Done, right? 

sharky said:
larry said:
omgwtfbbq said:
360 is selling well in Australia. the original did well but Australia was a Sony country.

Australia is still a Sony Country.

My cousin bought one ps3 yesterday and like many ...his friends are waiting for the price to go down before making a purchase. ( a bit more expensive than what it is in US if you are unaware)

Now x360 is trailing both Wii and ps3 in australia .

But dont forget that as soon as the price goes down it would be Sony all over.

Have any proof 360 is trailing PS3 in Austrailia?

Oh no, you dont, because it isn't, not even close. Last I remember, 360's launch down under outsold PS3's. Then factor in how much longer 360 has been out, and it's not even close.

The foreign 360 haters on this site are getting ridiculous. GO BACK TO CHINA.

http://palgn.com.au/article.php?id=7218&sid=a6f90b8aa0ebca94a13df97ecd843776&title=Australian+PlayStation+3+sales+announced

Launch Numbers for Australia 

PlayStation 3 - 27,083

Nintendo Wii - 41,369 units

Xbox 360 - 36,627

I was under the impression that Australia was now 360 country... Microsoft even gave free (total value of $120,000) Xbox 360 development kits to the Games Developers Association of Australia (GDAA)http://www.microsoft.com/australia/presspass/news/pressreleases/2007_03_30_MS_Game_Developer.mspx

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)