By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is Sony on a downward spiral?

S.T.A.G.E. said:
RazorDragon said:
bananaking21 said:

they offer great games on pretty much every genre, something that nintendo and MS are not even close to doing

Oh, but that's not true. Which hack'n slash game does Sony owns the IP? None that i know. Microsoft has Ninety-Nine Nights, Nintendo has Pandora's Tower. RTS? Nope. Microsoft has Halo Wars, Nintendo has Advance Wars. Simulators? Nintendo has Steel Diver. Microsoft has Flight Simulator. I guess i could find a few other genres that Sony doesn't has a competing game.

Hack N Slash: God of War and Heavenly Sword. Sony has more competing games in various genres than Microsoft. They have numerous platformers, shooters, puzzle, gameshow and casual titles to boot. Look harder if you plan on discrediting them. They've put out more IP's than Nintendo and Microsoft this gen.

I know, completely forgot about the awesome God of War. Already edited my post to another genre which(i think) Sony doesn't have a competitor game on: puzzlers.

Not planning on descrediting them, but most IP's they've put out this generation are shooters and Indigo Prophecy-like games(can't figure a genre for that).

Around the Network
mjk45 said:

half of those so called mainstays where never Sonys Ips to begin with the rights to crash bandicoot were given to universal interactive in return for a funding deal same thing happened with Spyro and Insomniac , Sonys involvment was they became the publisher

Yeah, I noticed. Spyro was also on the GameCube, wasn't it? (I don't remember a Crash game on any other console except from PS, though.)

Turkish said:
I just hope we get that crazy Sony back nextgen, starting with Parappa 3, MediEvil 3, Ape Escape 4 and a bunch of other new crazy IPs that don't take themselves too seriously.

Microsoft is aiming for Sony's marketshare 24/7, they can't just take those types of risks anymore. They need to hold onto what they've got and expand slowly because you can barely tell the difference between the two brands because of Microsofts strategic positioning to Sony. Think about it, because of Microsofts existence, people are questioning why exclusives should exist when that should be the last thing they hope leaves the industry. It's not good at all.

RazorDragon said:
bananaking21 said:

they offer great games on pretty much every genre, something that nintendo and MS are not even close to doing

Oh, but that's not true. Which hack'n slash game does Sony owns the IP? None that i know. Microsoft has Ninety-Nine Nights, Nintendo has Pandora's Tower. RTS? Nope. Microsoft has Halo Wars, Nintendo has Advance Wars. Simulators? Nintendo has Steel Diver. Microsoft has Flight Simulator. I guess i could find a few other genres that Sony doesn't has a competing game.

yeah sony has no hack and slash games, just the best selling highest quality hack and slash games, God of war. and sony has an RTS third person shooter hybrid starhawk. i would also like to point out that RTS games are shit on consoles. and simulators? seriously? give me a MS or nintendo hack and slash game that holds a candle to GoW. or a nintendo third person shooter than can even compare to uncharted? or a good old MS platformer that can come close to littlebigplanet? do ms and nintendo offer interactive drama? no. free to play games like dust 514? no..... does MS even have an action adventur game? not to mention one that can compete with action tittles like uncharted, GoW or infamous? 

RazorDragon said:
I know, completely forgot about the awesome God of War. Already edited my post to another genre which(i think) Sony doesn't have a competitor game on: puzzlers.

Not planning on descrediting them, but most IP's they've put out this generation are shooters and Indigo Prophecy-like games(can't figure a genre for that).

smart as and escape plan come to mind immediatly 

Around the Network
RazorDragon said:
VGKing said:

God of War, Uncharted, Killzone, The Last of Us, inFamous..etc There is nothing like these games available on the Wii. 

Rygar, Tomb Raider, The Conduit, Man vs. Wild with Bear Grylls, Spiderman..etc.

But i understand what you meant there.

You can't be serious.... XD

Sony is far from dead..

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

RazorDragon said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
RazorDragon said:
bananaking21 said:

Hack N Slash: God of War and Heavenly Sword. Sony has more competing games in various genres than Microsoft. They have numerous platformers, shooters, puzzle, gameshow and casual titles to boot. Look harder if you plan on discrediting them. They've put out more IP's than Nintendo and Microsoft this gen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligent_Qube

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Turkish said:
I just hope we get that crazy Sony back nextgen, starting with Parappa 3, MediEvil 3, Ape Escape 4 and a bunch of other new crazy IPs that don't take themselves too seriously.

Microsoft is aiming for Sony's marketshare 24/7, they can't just take those types of risks anymore. They need to hold onto what they've got and expand slowly because you can barely tell the difference between the two brands because of Microsofts strategic positioning to Sony. Think about it, because of Microsofts existence, people are questioning why exclusives should exist when that should be the last thing they hope leaves the industry. It's not good at all.

Indeed, a few days ago I saw a thread here asking if we still need exclusives anymore, very worrisome. I think PS4 will be the best selling console next gen, PS3 was a fuck up until the Slim arrived, yet Sony managed to come back and the current shipments gap is around 1m, the PS3 sold much faster than the 360 this gen, it came out a year later and had a €200/300 price disadvantage. The PS brand is still strong in people's minds.

RazorDragon said:
bananaking21 said:

Oh, but that's not true. Which puzzle game does Sony owns the IP? None that i know. Microsoft has Hexic, Nintendo has Ketzal's Corridors. RTS? Nope. Microsoft has Halo Wars, Nintendo has Advance Wars. Simulators? Nintendo has Steel Diver. Microsoft has Flight Simulator. I guess i could find a few other genres that Sony doesn't has a competing game.

Seams you lose the "pretty much" part. ;)

Also on PSN you can find a lot of puzzle games(do you seriously want them to be on retail? lol), rts is a dead genre on console and... same as flight simulators.

Next time find something better to point your argument. XD