By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 53 - Touhou

DT are you overplaying the "I'm bad" card on purpose?

Around the Network

I'm here and ready to go. Gotta say I'm disappointed, too many girls for my liking.

Signature goes here!

Thoughts so far Trucks?

Linkz being weird. Can't tell if he's messing around to get reads or only trying to give off that impression.

also fuck yeah touhou.
My friend is going to be so upset he didn't get to play this round.
If we need a sub, I'm sure he'll play.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
Linkz being weird. Can't tell if he's messing around to get reads or only trying to give off that impression.

Can't tell if you made a complete non-statement because you're pretending to say something of importance or because you simply don't have anything to add. It's okay prof, you can admit that you're scared of me.

Linkzmax said:
DT are you overplaying the "I'm bad" card on purpose?

Oh no, I would never say I was bad. My feels are usually pretty good. 

Dont sweat Linkz, everything I say is for a reason. 

So hyped for Rome 2: Total War

Never? I'm pretty sure one of your defenses for being town last round was that you weren't on the ball, like you would be if you were scum

Linkzmax said:
theprof00 said:

Can't tell if you made a complete non-statement because you're pretending to say something of importance or because you simply don't have anything to add. It's okay prof, you can admit that you're scared of me.

I'm only scared of being wrong.

My initial impression was that you were trying out a new tactic by saying "if I note you down as town would it upset you". I figured you had looked up another game, or saw another game where this was an interesting approach and decided to use it yourself. In that way, I would say that makes you town with a great certainty. You could couple this with the idea that last game, town's weakness was inactivity, and here you are taking a risk to create activity.

Town read on you would be upwards of 90% based on these things. But I prefer to be right as much as I can, and I haven't been able to yet discern if you are simply playing that role. I would say that I am strongly leaning town with you as of this moment.

That's stretching "weird" quite a bit, but fair enough. I don't know if the tactic was used in another game, but my intention was to use it both to test Yoshi as well as see if anyone would pick up on it, as Zero did and Mario seems to incorrectly have done.

And yes, the natural implication was you'd be scared of me being mafia if you're town, but the deeper meaning was your statement came off as trying to undermine my attempts at creating activity; thus, you are mafia scared of an active town.