By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bayonetta 2 and Wonderful 101 to stay as Wii U Exclusives

irstupid said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mr Khan said:
pokoko said:
Conegamer said:
pokoko said:
The only part about this that bothers me is where they're basically telling gamers on other systems to stop asking about their games. I'm moving further and further away from liking Platinum.

Why is that a problem exactly? If the game isn't going to be coming out on the other systems, why should they listen to people who beg for it?

Look where that got Ubisoft, for example. 24 hours ago everyone loved them and we were all pumped to playing Legends in a couple weeks. How quickly things change...

At the end of the day, Ubisoft has pleased a LOT more fans than they've made angry, which is the reverse for Platinum.  The Platinum reponse here came across as annoyed rather than appreciative.

If one of the studios making multi-platform games that are skipping the Wii U had said "you're not getting it, stop asking" then there would be threads of rage and charges of conspiracy flying up from the Nintendo faithful, and you know it.  It just sounds very arrogant.  It could easily have been phrased much, much better with very little effort.

I'm sure if Nintendo fans started port-begging for Gears of War, Epic would also get annoyed. And that's what the people are basically doing in this case.

Well, Gears was always exclusive to Microsoft, even though it was meant to be multiplat between the PS3 and 360. It built itself on that platform, so its actually the opposite of Bayonetta which was an official multiplat from day one and then went exclusive. Even Ninja Gaiden hasn't commited that type of offense even though tecmo has always created superior versions for other platforms.

It's the "hasn't commited that ype of offense" that i hate

Do you people not realize that without Nintendo Bayonetta 2 would be in the trash bin?

I just dont understand how people would be more happy if Bayonetta 2 didn't exist than it existing on a different console.

Yes, but that reciept is on Nintendo's head. Do you realize how many consoles it took to have Bayonetta sell as much as it even did? Keep it exclusive to Nintendo and just watch it sell worse. Bayonetta isn't a console seller, but gamers will slowly buy it over time when they find a killer app to buy the Wii U for. By then the used versions of the game will be more appealing to purchase.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
irstupid said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mr Khan said:
pokoko said:
Conegamer said:
pokoko said:
The only part about this that bothers me is where they're basically telling gamers on other systems to stop asking about their games. I'm moving further and further away from liking Platinum.

Why is that a problem exactly? If the game isn't going to be coming out on the other systems, why should they listen to people who beg for it?

Look where that got Ubisoft, for example. 24 hours ago everyone loved them and we were all pumped to playing Legends in a couple weeks. How quickly things change...

At the end of the day, Ubisoft has pleased a LOT more fans than they've made angry, which is the reverse for Platinum.  The Platinum reponse here came across as annoyed rather than appreciative.

If one of the studios making multi-platform games that are skipping the Wii U had said "you're not getting it, stop asking" then there would be threads of rage and charges of conspiracy flying up from the Nintendo faithful, and you know it.  It just sounds very arrogant.  It could easily have been phrased much, much better with very little effort.

I'm sure if Nintendo fans started port-begging for Gears of War, Epic would also get annoyed. And that's what the people are basically doing in this case.

Well, Gears was always exclusive to Microsoft, even though it was meant to be multiplat between the PS3 and 360. It built itself on that platform, so its actually the opposite of Bayonetta which was an official multiplat from day one and then went exclusive. Even Ninja Gaiden hasn't commited that type of offense even though tecmo has always created superior versions for other platforms.

Do you people not realize that without Nintendo Bayonetta 2 would be in the trash bin?

I just dont understand how people would be more happy if Bayonetta 2 didn't exist than it existing on a different console.

Yes, but that reciept is on Nintendo's head. Do you realize how many consoles it took to have Bayonetta sell as much as it even did? Keep it exclusive to Nintendo and just watch it sell worse.

What do sales have to do with anything.

This is purely about people being pissed its on the Wii U "Exclusively".   They are pissed at Platinum and Nintendo for this.  Which is just retarded.  Without Nintendo there would be no game.  Platinum had to accept whoever paid them or they would not make the game.  Not their fault is the "hated" nintendo.  

irstupid said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
irstupid said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mr Khan said:
pokoko said:
Conegamer said:
pokoko said:

Yes, but that reciept is on Nintendo's head. Do you realize how many consoles it took to have Bayonetta sell as much as it even did? Keep it exclusive to Nintendo and just watch it sell worse.

This is purely about people being pissed its on the Wii U "Exclusively".   They are pissed at Platinum and Nintendo for this.  Which is just retarded.  Without Nintendo there would be no game.  Platinum had to accept whoever paid them or they would not make the game.  Not their fault is the "hated" nintendo.  

So basically Nintendo essentially just fucked Bayonetta fans who have no interest in their platforms. Ever thought of it that way as well?

S.T.A.G.E. said:
irstupid said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
irstupid said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mr Khan said:
pokoko said:
Conegamer said:
pokoko said:

So basically Nintendo essentially just fucked Bayonetta fans who have no interest in their platforms. Ever thought of it that way as well?

What does a console have to do with anything.  Nintendo saved Bayonetta fans by making a sequal for them.

It's not Nintendo's fault that some Bayonetta fans are petty insecure little bitches that don't want to buy a "kiddy" console, to play a game they supposedly love.

I'm sorry but that's just pathetic in my eyes.  If I'm a huge fan of a series, then I buy that series game regardless of what console its on.  If I can't afford to, then that dissapoints me, but I'm not pissed at the game company or the console. I'm upset that I wasted my money on something else or that I don't have a good enough job to afford it.

Again Irstupid, Bayonetta is NOT a system seller. Who cares if they don't want to buy the "kiddy console" one game that isn't even a AAA title isn't worth it unless people deem it so and Bayonetta's sales did not suffice. Most of this games sales are going to come from Nintendo Bayonetta fans and Nintendo owners who have never tried Bayonetta but want to support it and Nintendo.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Again Irstupid, Bayonetta is NOT a system seller. Who cares if they don't want to buy the "kiddy console" one game that isn't even a AAA title isn't worth it unless people deem it so and Bayonetta's sales did not suffice. Most of this games sales are going to come from Nintendo Bayonetta fans and Nintendo owners who have never tried Bayonetta but want to support it and Nintendo.

I already said I don't give a shit about sales or it being system seller or not.

I'm just saying anyone who is pissed at Platinum or Nintendo for "making" this game is stupid.  They would rather the game "not" exist than it being made, soley because of fanboy reasons.  

irstupid said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I already said I don't give a shit about sales or it being system seller or not.

I'm just saying anyone who is pissed at Platinum or Nintendo for "making" this game is stupid.  They would rather the game "not" exist than it being made, soley because of fanboy reasons.  

I understand your point, but I also understand their gripe.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mr Khan said:

The point is Gears *could* be multiplat, but obviously won't be.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Thanks for changing your avatar Nsanity.

Mr Khan said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mr Khan said:

The point is Gears *could* be multiplat, but obviously won't be.

Yeah, but its a system seller. It doesn't need to be multiplat anymore because its made its mark as an exclusive. Bayonetta has been a multiplat from the start and even if Nintendo published the second game its still a bad taste in the mouths of the initial buyers.